Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

I wonder if they are going to reveal it at all. They might just not show us pictures and let us figure it out when they are released and we find him. I guess we will see...

1 minute ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

They are really being serious with the whole "Secret figure" thing, aren't they? 

They really like this new gimmick, that's for sure.

I'm afraid there might be more than 1 Highwayman. 

There might be 2 or even 3 different designs, and you don't know which one you'll get because they all would have the same pieces.

Maybe one would be rarer than the other one

Because this whole "secret character" is... weird. I don't really see the point of hiding it because there wil be pictures when these hit the streets.... unless there is more than one

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

When buying a whole box, there is a minimum of one of each figure.

For that to be correct, and given that there are three full sets in a box (like always) there should be a maximum of three different "Secret Characters".

1 hour ago, Yooha said:

And the gladiator doesn't have a net, what a pity!

In the official pictures of Batman Series they forgot Barbaras Batsignal and Catmans legs had mixed up colors, so there is still hope for a net ;)

I'm surprised the Highwayman or whoever it is is still a secret. Why not hide a less recognizable figure? Why hide one at all?

1 minute ago, 8BrickMario said:

I'm surprised the Highwayman or whoever it is is still a secret. Why not hide a less recognizable figure? Why hide one at all?

And if you're going to hide one, why on EARTH would you put the feely bits (i.e. the tricorne and flintlocks) in full view so we know what to feel for?

22 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

And if you're going to hide one, why on EARTH would you put the feely bits (i.e. the tricorne and flintlocks) in full view so we know what to feel for?

Even if they wouldn't show us what to feel for, just by feeling something you don't see on the pics would hint you that you have that one fig that hasn't been pictured...

Lol what the heck is up with the Highway man :grin: Is this a new thing that they're keeping one a secret? 

I must say though, I'm going to have to get the Hot Dog vendor because of that tray. It actually holds food on it! 

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

For that to be correct, and given that there are three full sets in a box (like always) there should be a maximum of three different "Secret Characters".

Or worse ther is one ONE in the hole box.....

By the way: Highwayman is more a Hidingawayman :-)

Edited by Petric_G

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There might be 2 or even 3 different designs, and you don't know which one you'll get because they all would have the same pieces.

Because this whole "secret character" is... weird. I don't really see the point of hiding it because there wil be pictures when these hit the streets.... unless there is more than one

You have a good point Robert, there could definitely different variations of the Highwayman. Well, who ever gets the first Highwayman, take pride in that :laugh: That could be a historic moment in your life right there. Seriously, I will do my best to get him first when these start hitting stores.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I've seen blind figure bags from other toy companies that show all the other figures to collect at the back and show one as a mystery figure. I always thought it was just a way to incentivize sales. Granted, I've just seen those bags in stores, so I wouldn't know if there were multiple versions of the mystery character, but I don't think that's the case.

Here's an example:

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STK673702?type=1

Edited by BrickHat

5 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I don't know if this is a trick of the lighting or something, but the Dwarf's hammer looks like it has printing on it. Has that part been printed before?

You are correct, it looks like there's dirt or rust printing on it. It has never been printed before, so that's pretty cool.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I've seen blind figure bags from other toy companies that show all the other figures to collect at the back and show one as a mystery figure. I always thought it was just a way to incentivize sales. Granted, I've just seen those bags in stores, so I wouldn't know if there were multiple versions of the mystery character, but I don't think that's the case.

Here's an example:

*DC keyring blind bags pic was here*

Mega does that with their TMNT blind bag series. The "ultra rare" secret figure. They don't do multiple variations, just short pack (one or two a case, maybe?) that particular figure. It's definitely how Mr. Gold should have been handled.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I don't know if this is a trick of the lighting or something, but the Dwarf's hammer looks like it has printing on it. Has that part been printed before?

Nice find! Hmmm I'm planning to replace Thor's hammer on my collection I bet it woudn't fit because of the dirt printing. Cool tho. 

I think the dwarf's hammer print is not dirt or rust. If you look closer, you can see, that there are four nails or rivets in the corners, some kind of logo or simbol in the middle, and a signature-looking writing in the bottom of the printed side. As I see, it is copper coloured. Also I think there is printing on one side only (or maybe only the nails on the other side).

All in all it is gonna be awesome, but I think would not fit well for the Marvel Thor, just for a mythologically correct one.  

A very strong series, this one. At the moment, I'm not concerned about getting the Highwayman, simply for the fact we don't know what he looks like. Many of the ones I can see are must buys, and some will be multiple buys, like the Hotdog Vendor.

Maybe there'll be one highwayman per box, that would be a new low... Kind of weird that a highwayman would be a desired minfigure to Lego. Who knows, maybe it won't be a big deal like Mr. Gold. I just hope we can all get our hands on him. Mr. Gold absolutely ruined my collection.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

Do we have the names for the minifigures yet? That white suit minifigure- movie producer or star(?) looks like he was taken straight from Miami Vice, and his phone is so cool!

8 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Do we have the names for the minifigures yet? That white suit minifigure- movie producer or star(?) looks like he was taken straight from Miami Vice, and his phone is so cool!

He's the Yuppie. I definitely support the Miami Vice observation, I'm loving it.

This is the list I saw on Reddit. Grain of salt and all of that.

Sausage Man • Elf Girl • Butterflies Girl • Circus Strong Man • Veterinarian • Battle Dwarf • Dance Instructor • Gourmet Chef • Connoisseur • Corn Cob Man • Roman Gladiator • Rocket Boy • Professional Surfer • Retro Spaceman • Yuppie • Secret Character (Highwayman?)

Edited by K_Tiger