Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Do new parts from CMF series often end up in new sets?

I kinda like the Buck Rogers space helmet, that seems to be dualmolded. I think Retro Spaceman will be the only one I chase in this series.

The brickseeker website said a Walmart here had a ton, but didn't see any on the floor yesterday. Lego Store had one open box.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

6 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Do new parts from CMF series often end up in new sets?

I kinda like the Buck Rogers space helmet, that seems to be dualmolded. I think Retro Spaceman will be the only one I chase in this series.

The brickseeker website said a Walmart here had a ton, but didn't see any on the floor yesterday. Lego Store had one open box.

I guess it depends on if TLG can or wants to recycle them. I've seen parts be released in CMF series first and recycled in later sets, either in the same color or different ones. 
For instance, the hair for the Zombie businessman (my favorite hair piece) will be used in one of the villains from the new Ninjago movie in a new color (black).

On 1/5/2017 at 1:09 PM, Fabulandlover said:

Would the vetinerian, the chef and the French guy with his dog easy to feel? In 1,5 week I will be able to visit the London Lego store, so would I like to buy some CMF's. Would it be weird to ask staff in helping feeling/recognising what is in the bags?

I visited the Lego store in London last week and the staff is so damn sweet. They help you find the minifigs you want! Be sure to ask them...if you want certain figures just tell them they're the ones you're missing and they'll help you.

The French guy is extremely easy thanks to the bread and the dog. For the vet you gotta look for the rabbit and the hair piece. And for the chef, she has a hat and a pie.

It's true that Corn Cob Guy can be easily mistaken as Rockey Boy. The easiest way to distinguish them is to feel the tip because Rocket Boy is pointed while Corn Cob Guy is rounded. Also, normal legs vs short legs can help ease out feeling the right figure.

Gourmet Chef is also quite hard to feel because the only key element that you can look for is the whisk/egg beater but once you find it, that's confirmed to be Gourmet Chef.

Veterinarian is tricky because the feeling of the bunny feels like a gun even though it is not the ray gun nor flintlock pistol. The way I confirm the Vet is through the pointed ends of her hair. It's easier than trying to know if there is a bunny or not.

The bunny was definitely hard to identify, I also confirmed with the pointed ends of the hairpiece.

As for the chef, go easy feeling for the beater; as someone else mentioned, its not hard to bend (mine is bent just a little, and since I had a brand new box I'm pretty sure it was my aggressive feeling that did it). I found the pie easier to confidently identify since it's a familiar shape.

Also, Corn Guy's squarish face hole is easier to feel than Rocket Boy's round one.

The baguette is a dead giveaway. The dog is a confusing shape like the rabbit (except that he has tiny distinct feet), so go for the bread.

2 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

As for the chef, go easy feeling for the beater; as someone else mentioned, its not hard to bend (mine is bent just a little, and since I had a brand new box I'm pretty sure it was my aggressive feeling that did it). I found the pie easier to confidently identify since it's a familiar shape.

Too late for me... I opened the packet of my Gourmet Chef and it was also slightly bent (could see a little stress mark) but I think it could be someone else's fault because I went to a shop with other people feeling the bag. The other folks could not identify what the whisk is.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, K_Tiger said:

I know that feel, brother.

Both the Frenchmen I had in my hands were sussed out by their baguettes. The beret is also telling, but I'd go for the baguette. I want to say I identified my Vet by the rabbit, but the hair should be pretty easy to identify. Definitely the pie or whisk on the Chef, but the hair/hat combo is fairly obvious as well. From all I've heard, LEGO Store employees are usually up to bag feeling if things aren't busy.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:26 PM, Willworkfortoys said:

Just a word to the wise about feeling for the pastry chef, if you feel too hard you will smush her whisk.  I speak from experience and a bent whisk :-O

On 1/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, AmperZand said:

The vet is easy to identify from her hair while the Frenchman can be narrowed down from his beret and dog. I didn't come across any chefs, so don't know for sure but should be feelable from her tart and whisk.

It wouldn't be weird to ask the staff at the LEGO store for help identifying them. I've been helped to identify minifigures before at the White City/Shepherd's Bush store - even when I didn't want any help! How much help they can offer will depend on how busy they are. Weekday mornings are generally a good time to go. Expect to queue to enter the Leicester Square store; 30-45 minute waits aren't unusual. There are no waiting times at the two Westfield stores (White City/Shepherd's Bush and Stratford). The Westfields have another advantage if you're CMF hunting: they both have branches of WH Smith in the same shopping centre. So if you don't find the CMFs you want at the LEGO store, try Smith instead. CMFs are usually kept behind the till, but if you're an adult and you ask the staff nicely if you can stand next to the tills and feel the packets, they are happy to oblige.  

23 hours ago, JakeChambers said:

I guess it depends on if TLG can or wants to recycle them. I've seen parts be released in CMF series first and recycled in later sets, either in the same color or different ones. 
For instance, the hair for the Zombie businessman (my favorite hair piece) will be used in one of the villains from the new Ninjago movie in a new color (black).

I visited the Lego store in London last week and the staff is so damn sweet. They help you find the minifigs you want! Be sure to ask them...if you want certain figures just tell them they're the ones you're missing and they'll help you.

The French guy is extremely easy thanks to the bread and the dog. For the vet you gotta look for the rabbit and the hair piece. And for the chef, she has a hat and a pie.

Thank you all, for answering!

I will ask staff to help me find the chef and the vetinarian. The Frenchman I will manage I think, thanks to the baguette ;) . I don´t mind getting in the queue, and we will be going on a weekday. I wonder if my mother can resist the Build a Minifig-section, hahaha!. At first she thought it odd that I bought a few modulars, but the Parisian Restaurant impressed her. She even wanted to put the minifigs together! Last week she hinted it was time I got ´another big box with lots of minifigs´  so she could help. She jokingly said she missed it :)

8 hours ago, Fabulandlover said:

Thank you all, for answering!

I will ask staff to help me find the chef and the vetinarian. The Frenchman I will manage I think, thanks to the baguette ;) . I don´t mind getting in the queue, and we will be going on a weekday. I wonder if my mother can resist the Build a Minifig-section, hahaha!. 

The only time I've been inside the Leicester Square (central London) store - on its opening day - they had two BAMs, one on each floor. The two BAMs didn't have the same parts. If you wanted to get some parts from one BAM and other parts from the other, I'm sure that would be fine.   

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 10:36 AM, 8BrickMario said:

The bios are working now. Rocket Boy's is very cute.

I'm surprised to see they officially made the S15 Astronaut his father.

Also I didn't get the singing sword thing with the Elf Maiden. Is that a reference to something? Because it's very odd

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Also I didn't get the singing sword thing with the Elf Maiden. Is that a reference to something? Because it's very odd

I'd guess it's a reference to Prince Valiant's sword.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

singing sword thing

Kind of recall this being a Loony Toons gag back in the day, and definitely remember it being a thing in Who Framed Roger Rabbit!?, but I dunno why the Elf Maiden gets paired with it.

The singing sword was the sword in the stone in the Arthurian legend. It sang when wielded in righteous battle. It broke during battle, and was replaced by the Lady of the Lake with Excalibur. Many versions of the story are often conflating the two swords, but they are very different.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's pretty cool, actually.  Cute.

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The singing sword was the sword in the stone in the Arthurian legend. It sang when wielded in righteous battle. It broke during battle, and was replaced by the Lady of the Lake with Excalibur. Many versions of the story are often conflating the two swords, but they are very different.

That's interesting.  I need to brush up on my Arthurian lore.

Lego must have a way to get the same distribution of figs in almost every box :classic:
I have a theory that the figs are in the same spot in many of the boxes..
Could anyone who bought a hole box see if they have the same order :tongue:
Only boxes without the plastic strip that the shops use to hang them up please (there all the figs of one type is after each other)..

Here is what I got in my box! This is the compartment to the left with fig 1 first and fig 20 in the back of the box:

20 Yuppie

19 Yuppie

18 Battle Dwarf

17 Battle Dwarf

16 Butterflies Girl

15 Corn Cob

14 Corn Cob

13 Corn Cob

12 Elf Girl

11 Gourmet Chef

10 Gourmet Chef

9 Veterinarian

8 Connoisseur

7 Connoisseur

6 Rocket Boy

5 Rocket Boy

4 Retro Spaceman

3 Retro Spaceman

2 Professional Surfer

1 Professional Surfer

So far I've picked up Highwayman, Hot Dog vendor, Yuppie, Corn Cob guy, Retro space villain, circus strong man, French guy

I wasn't too keen on the Retro Space Hero until I got him in-hand. He's pretty nice, and while he doesn't change my opinion on space themes in general, I'm glad to have him.

I think the Yuppie has fascinated me the most. Thinking about getting that Speed Champions Bugatti to go with this MOC, seeing as LEGO is never gonna give us an '84-'91 Testarossa, and I'm sure as hell not clever enough to build my own.

oi53l1.jpg

Edited by K_Tiger

Walmart I went to today didn't have series 17 :hmpf_bad:

So I just went and ordered 2 highway men on bricklink. It was pretty much the same price I would have paid. Plus its from a Canadian seller so the shipping shouldn't take to long either.

Absolutely pleased with the CMF I could get my hands on today: Retro Space man, French man, Dance instructor, Hot dog vendor, veterinarian, corn cob Guy, gourmet chef... I had to wait till May 1st to  begin to obtain them at TRU, but the wait was worthwhile !  The veterinarian was definitely the hardest to find from the list I had: not many accessories and not very sure about the rabbit; the bump codes didn't help  much either, but I got lucky !  I think i'll pass the the next Ninjago and Batman 2 series though. Can't wait for serie 18 !

17 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Lego must have a way to get the same distribution of figs in almost every box :classic:
I have a theory that the figs are in the same spot in many of the boxes..
Could anyone who bought a hole box see if they have the same order :tongue:
Only boxes without the plastic strip that the shops use to hang them up please (there all the figs of one type is after each other)..

Here is what I got in my box! This is the compartment to the left with fig 1 first and fig 20 in the back of the box:

20 Yuppie

19 Yuppie

18 Battle Dwarf

17 Battle Dwarf

16 Butterflies Girl

15 Corn Cob

14 Corn Cob

13 Corn Cob

12 Elf Girl

11 Gourmet Chef

10 Gourmet Chef

9 Veterinarian

8 Connoisseur

7 Connoisseur

6 Rocket Boy

5 Rocket Boy

4 Retro Spaceman

3 Retro Spaceman

2 Professional Surfer

1 Professional Surfer

The boxes are typically the same in terms of order and figure count. Ive tracked Rocket boy as 2 in the far left slot of the box and 1 in the far right slot. It's been like that for all of the series or at least the boxes that I find or buy. Going through one sealed box will tell you where they are in the others.

I know it's early-going but I gave up on finding these locally any time soon and ordered a bunch from shop.lego.  It seems the stores around here are all sitting on so many cases of Lego Batman minifigs that they'll never move on to this series...

13 hours ago, 22kane said:

The boxes are typically the same in terms of order and figure count. Ive tracked Rocket boy as 2 in the far left slot of the box and 1 in the far right slot. It's been like that for all of the series or at least the boxes that I find or buy. Going through one sealed box will tell you where they are in the others.

Thank you for the confirmation! Now I only need to find some new unopened boxes, not so easy probably :tongue:

16 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

and it was an Elf Maiden, and it turns out neither of us really want her.

They make great gifts. I got an extra Vet for my Mom and I ended up with a duplicate of the Butterflies Girl which I mailed to my Niece.