Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

2 cases at a more local Wally, though it probably means they are  in the back and not out on the floor.

Just about every Walmart in my area has at least one case in stock. Got most of what i wanted this morning. Happy to be pretty much done this early.

If I wanted to wait till the first when they are released(I've never seen stores in my are out these put these early), Lego stores abide by the street date right? My plan is to go at opening on the first.

Edited by Tech Artist

2 hours ago, Tech Artist said:

If I wanted to wait till the first when they are released(I've never seen stores in my are out these put these early), Lego stores abide by the street date right? My plan is to go at opening on the first.

Yeah Lego Stores do put stuff out on time as long as they go them on that week's truck. There have been times when they get a truck late and it can be delayed, but not normal. If anything if you go on release day to a Target with the DCPI they should pull them from the back, if they don't just ask for a manager. 

I checked brick seek again and apparently the Walmart within a mile from my house has them in stock, hopefully this information is correct because I've never gotten my hands on a series this early. 

I went to two Walmarts this weekend to no avail. This morning I stopped by the Walmart I pass on my way to work (NOT one of the ones I went to this weekend) and they had a box of them on the shelf ... that had been picked thoroughly clean. Arrrrgh! There was no one around in the toy section to ask if there were any more in the back, either. Curses! Will check back this afternoon on the way home.

I checked a Walmart today that showed up on Brickseek as having 60 available. Couldn't find them anywhere on the shelves so I asked someone and they looked up the UPC and confirmed they had them in stock, but didn't know where they would be. Searched all over again to no avail. My guess is they were still in the back. Anyone else have this issue?

Haven't gone out and looked yet, but I imagine I'll run into the same issue. They're in the back, waiting for May 1st.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Searched all over again to no avail. My guess is they were still in the back. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, this happened to me, too. Brickseek said one of my two local stores had 180 (3 cases) but there nothing on the shelf except an empty Batman CMF box. It was late and no one was around to ask. (Although that's not uncommon for this particular WM--they are usually pretty horrible at stocking Lego--the empty Batman box was the first sign I've seen of those ever being there at all).

I also checked at a nearby Target but only found some more Batmans and a ton of s16's. Since I was in a spendy mood and couldn't satisfy it with any s17's, I grabbed a few of those that I had missed instead.

Nothing at targets near me but the walmarts had them out on the floor. Got everything except the Frenchman and a few extras of my favorites.

One walmart "in town" has two boxes but they refused to put them out because it has  a "street date" which the guy would not tell me what the date was.

20 hours ago, kastorskorner said:

Yeah Lego Stores do put stuff out on time as long as they go them on that week's truck. There have been times when they get a truck late and it can be delayed, but not normal. If anything if you go on release day to a Target with the DCPI they should pull them from the back, if they don't just ask for a manager. 

Ah ok. Just wanted to be sure. I specifically requested that day off to be sure I get all the ones I want. I was gonna go the full 16 but I'm not sure if I will. I'm gonna look over the series again cause $64 is a bit steep to spend all at once. I do get paid Friday so I may stop by Target and Walmart near where I work before going home.

21 hours ago, kastorskorner said:

There are also those lovely times when they are told to go ahead and put them out for sale, for whatever reason. You should call. At least when you call the LEGO Store though, you're more likely to get an accurate appraisal of the situation, with minimal hassle. 

I've been watching brickseek like a hawk, and all the Walmarts I usually hit have them in stock. The bad news is there haven't been any sold, so they're all in the back. :thumbdown: The wait continues. :sadnew:

Edited by K_Tiger

I found a couple of boxes in my hometown Walmart last night ... after spending time there last night and this morning, I noticed that the boxes had an inordinate amount of Yuppies and ZERO Elf Maidens, Retro Heroes and Highwaymen. So I am convinced there was a third box that some scalper or army builder picked through, and then consolidated all of the others into the remaining two boxes. So, I have 13 out of the 16 ... the hunt continues!

7 minutes ago, Borex said:

Any idea when these hit the dutch streets?

Thought they weren't the being distributed in Benelux?

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Thought they weren't the being distributed in Benelux?

Ow :-(

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Just talked to a very nice gentleman at one of my local Targets. He said they are getting them in overnight on the 20th and to check on the 21st. He also said to call ahead and they can make sure to pull them out from the back if they aren't out yet. Maybe some other Targets are on this same schedule.

I went to a local Walmart that showed in stock on brickseek. Had a guy enter the SKU into the computer and the result was not in stock. Oh well.

9 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I went to a local Walmart that showed in stock on brickseek. Had a guy enter the SKU into the computer and the result was not in stock. Oh well.

Yeah, Brickseek can be... unreliable. Frustratingly so, sometimes.

Has anyone been able to get one of those precious minifigures in Canada ? Since we have no Target anymore, our best bet would be Walmart (not the one near where I live ... Not even the Batman series to be seen...); the nearest Lego Store is 1.5 hour drive - I keep that for Modular purchase... or Toys r Us but they have an history of being very by the book... So I hope for the best on May 1st :hmpf_bad:

the problem is, the more I wait, the more I want to buy... it's going to be costly :wub:

Edited by Hippocampe