Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

So retailers can put them on the shelves as early as they can? :look:

16 minutes ago, makoy said:

So retailers can put them on the shelves as early as they can? :look:

I think this one just did not care about street dates. 

Edited by kastorskorner
Added pics

3 hours ago, kastorskorner said:

I think this one just did not care about street dates. 

Awesome, you nearly have the whole set there!  I'll have to go look locally.

I wish there was a store in Brisbane that broke the street date and was selling these now, I could really use a few of these for my current MOC (going on display at the start of May so too early to pick these up the normal way)

19 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Is this a new cape design?

Yes

It is supposed to work like the King/Queen cape but it's just one cape

I like the highwayman. Might get a few to make a gang of highwaymen. Nice dual moulded colours. Black and brown.

9 hours ago, kastorskorner said:

Got the full wave in CT today at a Walmart.

*pic snip*

So that makes Connecticut and Pennsylvania. C'mon, Tejas!

6 hours ago, x105Black said:

Awesome, you nearly have the whole set there!  I'll have to go look locally.

No I got them all but figured I would hold off on the mystery figure pics for now

That settles it. I'm leaving work early and hitting every WM and Target from here til home...:grin:

Edited by rodiziorobs

What? WalMart gets CMFs? The store near me never has. Target is where I go, but they're inconsistent.

6 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

So that makes Connecticut and Pennsylvania. C'mon, Tejas!

Agreed!

Glad they're hitting early.

11 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Agreed!

Glad they're hitting early.

Hit 2/4 local area Walmarts and nothing. Same for TrU and, despite BrickSeek saying otherwise, no dice at Target. Someone posting up an SKU from Walmart might help find them.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Hit 2/4 local area Walmarts and nothing. Same for TrU and, despite BrickSeek saying otherwise, no dice at Target. Someone posting up an SKU from Walmart might help find them.

17883758_10155348379761122_260465000904517903473_10155348379356122_2366882091720

Kastorskorner you're so lucky! Where's an antsy/eager anticipation smiley face. :wacko: This will have to do.

Where in a typical Walmart store do they normally have the CMF? I've never seen them at Target and they're always at the registers or customer service counter at Toys R Us. 

29 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Kastorskorner you're so lucky! Where's an antsy/eager anticipation smiley face. :wacko: This will have to do.

Where in a typical Walmart sto aisleore do they normally have the CMF? I've never seen them at Target and they're always at the registers or customer service counter at Toys R Us. 

They usually have a case on the shelf. I have seen the occasional hanging unit zip tied to the side of an end cap. The local Target usually has them on the end cap sides, but I have seen them on pegs at the checkouts. I have noticed that both Target and Walmart tend to have the end cap boxes somewhere other than the LEGO aisle.

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

They usually have a case on the shelf. I have seen the occasional hanging unit zip tied to the side of an end cap. The local Target usually has them on the end cap sides, but I have seen them on pegs at the checkouts. I have noticed that both Target and Walmart tend to have the end cap boxes somewhere other than the LEGO aisle.

Thanks K_Tiger. That's probably why I've never seen them at either Target or Walmart, usually just a cursory walk down the Lego aisle on the way to the checkout. I'll take closer looks at end caps and other areas. 

7 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Thanks K_Tiger. That's probably why I've never seen them at either Target or Walmart, usually just a cursory walk down the Lego aisle on the way to the checkout. I'll take closer looks at end caps and other areas. 

If you go to brickseek.com and do a Walmart SKU search for "170512751" in your area code, it should tell you if they are in-stock. None in my AOL, but I ran the number for zip codes with sightings so it is a good number.

Edited by K_Tiger

13 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Where in a typical Walmart store do they normally have the CMF? I've never seen them at Target and they're always at the registers or customer service counter at Toys R Us. 

Yeah the middle section of the aisle where they highlight the new stuff is where they are in CT walmarts. They usually get them right at release and don't usually restock here. So if I don't find them week one I don't usually bother with Walmarts

Looking forward to getting the DCPI as well. Brickseek said there is some 15 miles from me but who knows if that's just inventory they have, if it is being put out or if that's actually correct. Don't really want to waste the gas trying to find out. I'll keep an eye on stores close to me but I'm not going that far out of my way.

Honestly think I'll stick with my current plan which is to just go to my local Lego store on May 1st and get a full set of 16.

Edit: Should clarify I've been burned in the past with 15 and 16 so I'm way more hesitant.

Edited by Tech Artist

I checked Brickseek and to my surprise there are two walmarts about thirty miles away that supposedly have them in stock. I don't know if I'm willing to drive thirty miles but like I've said earlier, it's a minor miracle to find minifigures in my area because they usually start appearing late or in very small quantities. I do have today off of work so I'm thinking of taking a road trip. 

Also, if anyone finds the item# for Target, please let me know!

Edited by Mr bricking it

1 hour ago, Mr bricking it said:

I checked Brickseek and to my surprise there are two walmarts about thirty miles away that supposedly have them in stock. I don't know if I'm willing to drive thirty miles but like I've said earlier, it's a minor miracle to find minifigures in my area because they usually start appearing late or in very small quantities. I do have today off of work so I'm thinking of taking a road trip. 

Also, if anyone finds the item# for Target, please let me know!

One ~20 miles from me supposedly has two cases. Target's DCPI is unlikely to be changed. Run 204-00-1379 through brickseek and look for changes in inventory, might be a hint of new figures.

Nothing new in my neck of the woods, as far as I can tell.  I may end up taking the day off work for the release.

Thank you so much K_Tiger and kastorskorner! I used that inventory check site and found some at a Walmart that was a bit of a drive. I've never had new CMF this early and sometimes have to resort to ebay/amazon. 

Got everything I was after (never really want all of them) except the hot dog vendor. Definitely felt the hat on several bags and I thought I already put one in my basket but wound up mistaking the hot dog piece for Highwayman's pistol :sadnew: doh. Also didn't want the mime baguette guy so two blind bag grope fails this time. 

But thanks again for all the CMF hunting intelligence! Favorite: Veterinarian, Elf [princess? queen?] and Baker, didn't know the baker has two faces.

33675014940_25dc286f46_c.jpg

And the highwayman is pretty evil looking for Lego.