Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with this line up. I feel there are too many "City" figures for my liking, rather than the nice balance between different "sub genres".

• Corn Cob Guy -Will get. As a fan of the costumed figures and someone who likes the Hot Dog and Banana figures, this is a must buy for me.
  • Rocket Boy - Maybe. I do like the mold and could maybe see him as a fan boy for the Retro space Hero or Space Explorer from a few waves back.
  • Butterfly Girl - Maybe. I do like the costumed figures but I feel this one is lacking and seems more like someone who wants to dress up like a Butterfly than someone actually dressed as one. Maybe if she had the same head piece as the Bee Suited character.
  • Hot Dog Vendor - Maybe. I recently got the Hot Dog Vender for my ever growing Christmas display so I may get him to go with the vender.
  • Elf Maiden - Will get. Fantasy figures are one of my favourite "sub genres" in the CMF wave and I like what I've seen so far.
  • Roman Gladiator - Will get. The Warriors have always been my favourite and I'm always keen to see which ones get added to CMF.
  • Battle Dwarf - Will get for the same reason as the Elf Maiden.
  • Circus Strongman - Pass.
  • Highwayman - Will likely get. I see this figure as being in the same "Warrior" range as the Roman Gladiator.
  • Verterinarian - Pass.
  • Dance Instructor - Pass.
  • Surfer Boy - Maybe. I got the previous surfers.
  • Retro Space Hero - Will get. The Space sub genre is another I've liked since day one and I do have a soft spot for old school sci fi.
  • Yuppie - Pass.
  • Gourmet Chef - Pass.

I hope 18 has more of a variety and maybe brings back the Horror figures, who have been lacking for a while.

2 hours ago, Giac88 said:

Wouldn't the corn cob guy have been better with a different green legs, or maybe brown legs?

To me, i really like this color scheme, but if you want you just swap his legs :-) It's lego. I'm going to swap his head.

4 hours ago, pawcanada said:

I hope 18 has more of a variety and maybe brings back the Horror figures, who have been lacking for a while.

I agree, but they haven't really been missing. It's just that the releases of the "normal" series are so staggered that it seems like ages ago. S16 had the Spooky Boy, and I'm sure 18 will have one or two spooky/supernatural creatures. They tend to have some series that are more fantastical and some that are more mundane, and this is one of the latter.

My favorites thus far from the 1 image we've seen:

Butterfly Girl

Surfer

Retro Spaceguy

Yuppie

Vet

Rocket Kid

Those I'll get at least 1 of.

57 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I agree, but they haven't really been missing. It's just that the releases of the "normal" series are so staggered that it seems like ages ago. S16 had the Spooky Boy, and I'm sure 18 will have one or two spooky/supernatural creatures. They tend to have some series that are more fantastical and some that are more mundane, and this is one of the latter.

I clean forgot about him, and I did get one for my "Horror" display to portray him and the creepy girl as the children of the vampires. However I was thinking more classic Universal style monsters like the Invisible Man or an Aquatic Creature. However I appreciate that discussion is better suited for the wish list thread.

Well, I've been looking at this site for quite a while and finally decided to sign up. Hello everyone!.                                      It's amazing how different people's lists are. It proves that lego have got it right....something for everyone. 

Retro spaceman 10/10

Very buck Rogers/flash Gordon and I will need quite a few. 

Circus strongman 10/10

Could anyone have pictured a more accurate representation.

Vet/Chef/Hotdog vendor 8/10

All can go to straight into my zoo, love the pie and the Hotdog bun. 

Connoisseur 7/10

Could anyone have pictured a more accurate representation ;-) and that bulldog.....9/10

Gladiator 7/10

I just like him...net or no net, but I would like a net never the less. 

Battle dwarf 7/10

More for the parts really,  but some figures look meh in the pics and great in the flesh...I think this will be a case in point. 

Corn cob guy 7/10

He just makes me smile and the face is different ( I will make the Thompson twins from tintin)

Rocket boy 5/10 rocket 8/10.

Dance instructor, butterfly girl 4/10

Honestly, touching up the packaging in toys r us to find this pair will drive me insane... But my 6y old daughter loves them, so it will be a labour of love.

Yuppie, surfer and elf maiden 2/10.

I'll get a brick phone,  and use the body and hair elsewhere. The surfer may have spy potential and the elf...I'm sure I'll think of something..... Can't think what though. 

Thanks. 

I'm buying about 30 dwarves, 10 circus strongman, 50 to 70 elven maidens, 10 to 15 roman gladiators and 10 retro space guy. I think just 1x of all the rest.
Waiting for the highwayman tho.

9 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'm buying about 30 dwarves, 10 circus strongman, 50 to 70 elven maidens, 10 to 15 roman gladiators and 10 retro space guy. I think just 1x of all the rest.
Waiting for the highwayman tho.

LEGO  loves  you :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

On 2/18/2017 at 10:38 AM, SirBlake said:

Overall I think this is a good series. 

Im most excited about the female elf. Can't wait to see the details on that one. 

Same.  Best looking minifigure in this series, easily.

On 2/18/2017 at 1:16 PM, TheBeefThief said:

Very glad the veterinarian doesn't have a syringe

I'm not.  It would fit well with the character.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:10 PM, Mike S said:

The elf has the slope piece instead of minifig legs.

Drat.

OK, so overall:

• Battle Dwarf - I like it, but I don't love it.  I'll get one for the hammer, if nothing else.
  • Butterfly Girl - I will get one for the wings.
  • Circus Strongman - Don't really care.
  • Connoisseur - I like the dog, might have to get one.
  • Corn Cob Guy - I like the costumes, so I'll get one.
  • Dance Instructor - Don't really care.
  • Elf Maiden - Looks fantastic so far, can't wait.  I'll get a few.
  • Gourmet Chef - Don't really care.
  • Highwayman - We'll have to wait and see.
  • Hot Dog Vendor - Don't really care.
  • Retro Space Hero - I love it.  I'll need a few.  That raygun looks awesome.
  • Rocket Boy - I really like this costume, and I love his little flag.
  • Roman Gladiator - Looks great, might get a couple.
  • Surfer Boy - Don't really care.
  • Veterinarian - I like the bunny, might have to get one.
  • Yuppie - Don't really care.

There are some cool accessories with some of the figures I don't care about, but nothing I am too excited for.  I like the surfboard with the shark, and some of the hair pieces.  The whisk and pie are cool, too.

Great series overall.

Y'all folks disrespecting the Yuppie need some remedial Miami Vice viewing. :laugh:

The Retiarius really needs a net, and this was a great opportunity for LEGO to do the Spider Man projectile web in brown or tan. I'm thinking one or two Hot Dog Vendors for the Hot Dog Van, and one of everything else except for the surfer. Then again, I just pulled the trigger on the Big Shark©, so that shark pattern surf board might become a must-have item for me.

I'm going to buy about 10 corn cob guys, 10 rocket boys, 1 buttefly and 1 hot dog vendor :sweet: 

Ok, I love the costume mf, that's it

Edited by Giac88

1 minute ago, acalade said:

so what is the connoisseur holding in his left hand, a loaf of bread, or a sausage?

'french baguette'

Just noticed that Battle Dwarf has leg printing on the small minifigure legs. Is that the first time we see printing on the legs, not on the feet, just the legs?

Some might say it is repetitive to have another female elf.

But my heart jumpeth for joy!

The forest maiden was a wood girl, but this one is different. Female elven hairpiece (with yellow ears! no fleshie!) yes please. We cannot see the torso fully yet, but it is more armored than the forest maiden, who was basically in her bathrobe. At least leather armor would be great. And yes, a new shield. Sadly not the big roundish one. Hopefull at least the newer longer shield (as in the Egyptian warrior or the bear shield). The pictures seems to show some light blue, which might deviate from the forest color scheme. The pearl gold sword sucks though because pearl gold is ugly. I would have preferred legs, but maybe there are some alternatives.

Edit: Ah, so much light blue. Then she is a High Elf, the first of its kind. a new faction born.

And FINALLY a female head with nougat cheeklines, which is the defining feature for Elven heads.

This rare legpiece might work: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c01pb12#T=S&C=105&O={"color":105}

Edited by Wardancer

16 hours ago, Moon knight said:

*snip*

Pardon me, but that wouldn't be a Highwayman in your avatar? If yes, it seems like it has kids' legs?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it was probably just a matter of perspective.

Edited by Brick Dangerous

As a castle-fan I had high hopes for this series, with the Battle Dwarf, Gladiator and Female Elf. The figure themselves however disappoint me. For medieval (not fantasy) creations, bare-chested and colorfully ornate figures don't fit very well in. Tridents, golden swords and large hammers are also a no-go. I would have liked new armored torso+legs combos, round shield designs or medieval helmets.

Now back to waiting. Either CMF 18 or a new castle line. *Shrug*

5 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Pardon me, but that wouldn't be a Highwayman in your avatar? If yes, it seems like it has kids' legs?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it was probably just a matter of perspective.

Yes, something I put together a year ago,  he has normal legs, but I see what you mean.

On 18/02/2017 at 3:44 PM, Catanas said:

I'm not entirely sure I can handle the dance instructors hair just now though. It makes me fear for my life. Although....wouldn't it make delightful Professor Trelawney hair? :look:

Cat... You've broken my frustration!! I was looking at that piece thinking 'Where could I use that? There's definitely something about that piece' but I couldn't place it until you said that. The search is on for confused face with glasses...

On 18/2/2017 at 9:44 AM, Catanas said:

I'm not entirely sure I can handle the dance instructors hair just now though. It makes me fear for my life. Although....wouldn't it make delightful Professor Trelawney hair? :look:

You're right, as Robianco pointed out!

That's totally Professor Trelawney's hair! 

It's not the Dance Instructor's hair what worries me. It's her face. With that smile, I'm not sure there is just water in that bottle :laugh:

Yeah, in Dark Tan, that would be great for the Divination teacher. It's a shame Harry Potter's not coming back to the set world- I demand another return now that so many years of advancement have occurred!

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

Yeah, in Dark Tan, that would be great for the Divination teacher. It's a shame Harry Potter's not coming back to the set world- I demand another return now that so many years of advancement have occurred!

Methinks you speak to soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a very specific reason we're seeing this hairpiece. But this is the wrong thread for that, I suppose :wink: