Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Oh!

Im not sure if I like the Retro Spaceman

The Rocket Suit looks amazing

Lots of hairpieces!

Why does the French Guy come with a dog?

Edited by Robert8

OMG!

The bunny! The serving tray! The whisk! The phone! The pug dog! The rocket suit!

I like the Battle Dwarf's hair and beard combo. The Dance Instructor is hilarious. 

Who is the guy with the trident meant to be? And why is the mystery figure from the LBM pamphlet still a mystery?

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Why does the French Guy come with a dog?

That is a French bulldog. :classic:

Who is the guy with the trident meant to be? 

It is a retiarius I think. But then where is the net?

Edited by Yooha

1 minute ago, telaruhn said:

OMG!

The bunny! The serving tray! The whisk! The phone! The pug dog! The rocket suit!

I like the Battle Dwarf's hair and beard combo. The Dance Instructor is hilarious. 

Who is the guy with the trident meant to be? And why is the mystery figure from the LBM pamphlet still a mystery?

Its a Roman Gladiator. 

The other one is the Highwayman. Dont know why he is still a mystery

Honestly, after the very long wait to see pictures for this series, (or even to find a list), I find this series very dissapointing.

Addmitedly, the last two series' were absolutely fantastic and it seemed unbelievable for this series to match their standards - yet I genuinely think this is one of the worst series' to date.

I mean, the chef has 2 cool accesories and is great for a city, the bunny is cool and the costumes look pretty good, (esspecially the rocket and butterfly as the corn guy has been ruined by an awful moustachioed face print), yet, just like series 7, this series seems to lack inventive, great looking and clever ideas, as series 16, 15, 6 and 1 had in almost every character.

I'm hoping that better pictures will make me more satisfied, as to be fair some of the characters are tricky to see.

The lego fan

P.S.- as a side note, we did incredibly well with Itaria's clues in terms of guessing the characters!

EDIT: Oh, and the highwayman, should, if well done, be one of my favourite characters ; so at least I've got him to look forward too!

Edited by The lego fan

The Retro Spaceman seems to be a villain. I like the redesign of the pulse gun.

The 80's guy looks like Miami Vice.

The Chef has hair, and a whisk! The printed pie looks nice, too.

The recolor of the 'Squishie' cup is a nice addition, along with the serving tray.

The Female Elf seems to have the large triangular shield.

The Battle Dwarf has Mjolnir? And something that looks like two colored chopping blade. Unless the grey thing is supposed to be in the Vet's hand.

The baguette looks to be a new mold, too. It seems larger than the existing mold. I need that French bulldog.

Edited by gedren_y

Overall this series is a bit plain for me, but I love the Rocket Boy, Fairy Girl, Frenchman, Nineties Guy, and Eighties Girl. 

Absolute favorite is the Retro Spaceman. I had hoped for him with Series 16's astronaut, but at least he's here. The dingy colors really work for him, and the new helmet and ray gun are great.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Overall I think this is a good series. 

Im most excited about the female elf. Can't wait to see the details on that one. 

THESE LOOK INCREDIBLE! I'm going to pick up a lot of them! I really like the Disco girl, reminds me of Beverly Goldberg! Also the 80's guy with the cell phone looks a lot like Jerry Seinfeld! Love the Bulldog, that's a must!   

Wow! Check out that Surfboard. What a lucky guess that was. >>

This series is littered with wonderful parts but not so sure about some of the final designs. I really love the Gourmet chef and Vet. I'm not entirely sure I can handle the dance instructors hair just now though. It makes me fear for my life. Although....wouldn't it make delightful Professor Trelawney hair? :look:

Also, I must say, there are some fabulous mustaches in this wave!

I wish they'd given the new Gladiator the Spider-Man shooting web piece in black for a net somehow, but I'm also just glad my old Gladiator has someone to kill now.

Does anyone else think the Corn Man looks like a serial killer?

These are names, by the way

1. Corn Cob Suit Guy 
2. Rocket Boy
3. Butterfly Suit Girl
4. Gourmet Chef
5. Circus Strongman
6. Elf Maiden
7. Battle Dwarf
8. Retro Spaceman
9. Yuppie
10. Connoisseur
11. Dance Instructor
12. Highwayman
13. Surfer
14. Roman Gladiator
15. Hot Dog Vendor
16. Veterinarian

As a historic fan, I absolutely love the gladiator, the female elf and the dwarf! Also plenty of nice accessories: the chef, the dog, the bunny even the hotdog guy! Excellent series!

Well, I like the face of the corn cob suit guy, the moustache look funny :laugh: Mexican style.

I love the rocket guy, maybe he is my favourite!

I'm disappointed with the butterfly girl, I thought she was like the bee series 10, more realistic, more "costume".

I hope the silhouette guy will have something special! He can't be as mr. Gold was, 'cause he is one of the 16 figures, so not an extra figure, but I really hope in something special about him!

Edited by Giac88

I need a lot of these figs. Great new accessories, too.

Love the hotdog guy's trousers.
Oh, and it looks like the sausage is in dark red!

I am blown away by this series a lot of fantastic characters and great details!! I will admit I usually am not a fan of the costume or suit ones but the rocket ship I am going to need to get and there is something I like about that corn cob suit guy as well.

That retro spaceguy is a fig i'm going to need a few of. He is awesome. Great helmet and great prints. 

The rocketguy is funny too, but i think the outfit is a bit too much. Will buy. Probably very usefull piece for retro mocs.

Corn cob guy. Yeah! But his face not so. Doesn't matter i'll replace it for something better.

Gladiator seems to have the fynn hair in dark brown if i'm not mistaken. 

Love the wig of the dance instructor and the little build with the phone on the miami vice guy.

The pastry chef, vet and hot dog vendor seem like real solid city figs.

The biggest letdown is the butterfly girl. I think we all had our hopes up for some new bee girl. 

My figs to chase: retro space, rocket and corn cob!

Edited by Borex

That dward with the red beard and mohawk, the hog and dragon pattern is basically Dain Ironfoot.

Love the Elf Maiden, 80s Miami Vice Guy, and rabbit. The gladiator and battle dwarf are nicely detailed, but both are disappointing to me (I mean if we're getting a gladiator he is a fine representation of one, I just want a different ancient history figure). As usual, tons of cool parts and details in this series. 

I wonder if the top the rocket suit is the same as the small ball joints. If it is, I have some ideas for that.