Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

On 13-12-2016 at 4:19 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

3) Hello, I am a town character that is present in at least 25 minifigures since the 80's and I am never been released as a collectible minifigure

Maybe a pilot? With hat, suit and sunglasses

On 12/12/2016 at 7:31 AM, Borex said:

@Itaria No Shintaku you have a list? Care to share? 

Indeed, enough of teasing with hints, out with it!

On 12/13/2016 at 11:57 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

You should thank someone that has been banned from this forum and can't post here anymore.

Please let me know how I can contact him.

Hmmm, if it IS a doctor, how about a Pediatrician with another design of the new baby figure? That'd be cute, although a repeat of the baby might be a bit much, a bit soon.

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Although I am not implying that Chef isn't correct, I'd like to point out that S6's fermale surgeon was not considered a classic doctor when I suggested #3
:wink:

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I think you should slow down :)

I am pretty sure that no3 is indeed not a chef and is a doctor.

Itaria has recommended that guesses should slow down just as Robert8 said no3 is a chef. Also, he wouldn't even mention the fact that the series 6 surgeon was not classed as a doctor in his clues unless the figure is indeed a doctor.

Sneaky hints Itaria! 

The lego fan.

5 hours ago, nixtron1 said:

♫ ♪ ♫ Pineapple suit guy with pen accessory. :laugh: ♪ ♫ ♪

The pineapple part of your idea would be nice... :wink: 

Just realised that the minifigure from a certain nationality could be a sports player playing a national sport of that country.

Australian footballer?

Just an idea!

The lego fan.

Like many others, I also enjoy getting costumed characters in the CMF series, but I'm starting to think that getting 3 to a series is a bit too much. I'm fine with 2, Im starting to feel like that 3rd costume minifigure would be better if it was another CMF. There are so many possibilities. Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Like many others, I also enjoy getting costumed characters in the CMF series, but I'm starting to think that getting 3 to a series is a bit too much. I'm fine with 2, Im starting to feel like that 3rd costume minifigure would be better if it was another CMF. There are so many possibilities. Just a thought.

I feel the same way but the market dictates the direction of the product. As long as costumed minifigures are selling like hot pancakes we'll see many of them. I bet if TLG release a costumed CMF series it will be the best CMF series of all time... But then the novelty value may wear off too quickly.

Regarding Doctor vs Chef... After reading between the lines it could be Doctor... Because if it is Chef then Itaria could have confirmed it already...right?

Edited by makoy

I'm saying we're getting a stereotypical frenchman. Beret, striped shirt, maybe a baguette. 

12- bull costume? Related to minotaur. Blah minotaur is S6

Edited by KevinMD

1 hour ago, makoy said:

I feel the same way but the market dictates the direction of the product. As long as costumed minifigures are selling like hot pancakes we'll see many of them. I bet if TLG release a costumed CMF series it will be the best CMF series of all time... But then the novelty value may wear off too quickly.

I agree. If TLG ever did a whole themed series just on Costumed CMFs it would sell big, but then value might wear off.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Good day everyone.

Today's hint.

12) i was born before year 500AD

So I'm thinking it's a gladiator. The Viking would be from around 750 AD, and the Spartan and Egyptians would be BC.

I would also guess that #6 is a female elf, and #5 is either a musketeer, revolutionary soldier, or Roman counterpart.

Both Taliesin and Arthur of Camelot are supposed to be sixth century. A Roman Emperor? Let me consult my books.

Agustulus? The last ruler of the western Roman Empire?

Never mind that, the Roman fig was later.

Beowulf was supposed to be fifth century.

Edited by gedren_y

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Good day everyone.

Today's hint.

12) i was born before year 500AD

Ok, here's a little speculation:

Roman's were around in 753bc and could be a rehash, as Itaria said, of several cmf's in the first ten waves.

Egyptains might be a possibility, but they were around way before 500AD 

Mayans were around in 2600bc

The lego fan

P.s.- On the subject of history, the minifigure from a certain nationality could be a ancient Greek as indeed  this figure could.

Just now, The lego fan said:

Ok, here's a little speculation:

Roman's were around in 753bc and could be a rehash, as Itaria said, of several cmf's in the first ten waves.

Egyptains might be a possibility, but they were around way before 500AD 

Mayans were around in 2600bc

The lego fan

P.s.- On the subject of history, the minifigure from a certain nationality could be a ancient Greek as indeed  this figure could.

Before 500AD means from cavemen to 500AD to me.

But I will tell you that he's no older than 500BC too.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

The other clue was sounding like a re-hash of a fig from the first five series. That's why I settled on Beowulf, because of the CMF Viking. The epic poem was written much later than time of the actual story. Old English, which is close to Dutch with some Celtic conjugation, is a hard read without good translation. I've read pieces of different translations of Beowulf.

Now you've decided to suggest a 1000 year window for the character? Are you just teasing, or should I consult my books again?

My bet is either a Greek or a gladiator, since both were in series 1 to 5, both are not to be messed with, and are rouhgly from the time period.

No. I wanted to say that we were much surprised in series 4 to see another skater, since there was no need for it.

And this is what I thought when I saw the minifig we are talking about.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No. I wanted to say that we were much surprised in series 4 to see another skater, since there was no need for it.

And this is what I thought when I saw the minifig we are talking about.

So, I now suspect the minifigure will be a similar figure to one we have had not that long ago.

Also, I suspect the rehashes will be number 1,another doctor,number 5 and number 12, a spartan.

The lego fan

P.S. I'm thinking a policeman. We've had two already so as Itaria said, you get a sense of LEGO reapeating them selves over and over again. It would make sense with the evidence we have.

Edited by The lego fan

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

There will for sure be some great new minifigures. But for my taste there are too many re-designs of figures which imo not necessarily need to be brought back. And some characters are for my taste too generic and already released in regular themes. So instead of another Battle Dwarf I'd have prefered a new princess or knight. And instead of a Hot Dog Seller there should e. g. be a skate scooter guy.

Well, we'll see.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter