Verterinarian 

Dance Instructor 

Surfer Boy 

Retro Space Hero

Yuppie 

Gourmet Chef

Connoisseur32590599680_3e5a9fbf51_b.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Wait a minute... this might a triviality, but I think I see a trend here: series 16 for 2016, 17 for 2017...

Edited by Exetrius

Sweet, now we can have a good 20 pages of speculation until we get some actual news :hmpf:

Edited by CM4Sci

Wait a minute... this might a triviality, but I think I see a trend here: series 16 for 2016, 17 for 2017...

I did notice this but it could be just coincidence.

As for the actual rumour/discussion on series 17, it will be a long wait before actual news comes along.

I know this is kinda early but we have discussing S17 in the "future series rumors" thread and I think it should have its own thread since is 100% confirmed now.

Also, I expect news soon

Someone out there is sure to know at least 1 minifigure planned for this series.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I'm just saying that there is usually information about these out there long before it is reported here.

17 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess: Series 17 Whale Guy?

I don't think they will reuse the fin arms for the third (regular) series in a row.... but what do I know. 

Personally, I think the next costumed character will be a girl, because we got males in S15 and S16

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't think they will reuse the fin arms for the third (regular) series in a row.... but what do I know. 

Personally, I think the next costumed character will be a girl, because we got males in S15 and S16

I don't see why not. If anything, I would expect it to be easier to reuse the molds recently.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Who's to say there can't be both.. :look:

29325147754_69ae5115ca_o.png

14 minutes ago, Catanas said:

Who's to say there can't be both.. :look:

I meant, the animal costumed character.

But yeah, there could be other food costumed characters, etc...

This will the first May release of regular-series figures in 4 years (last one was Series 10 back in 2013), which is really quite exciting! Makes me wonder how early we'll hear news about it...

Costumed figures are a bit expected at this point. As to what they specifically are, food and/or animals... is anyone's guess right now.

Just now, x105Black said:

Maybe there will be an inanimate object costume guy.

Maybe they'll finally do a brick costume.

4 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I just want a girl in cow costume and Troll/orc fitting to the fantasy era. :3

If she has six udders, I can finally have a Black Adder costume party.  Have her come with a turnip, and Baldtic will be happy.

15 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I'd love it if they made a food suit guy (girl) and animal suit guy (or girl) a thing for all future series. If we see that in this series, that would start being a pattern, I think.

I want to add a "trick-or-treater" to that list.

Trick-or-Treaters make sense for a September series but I don't feel a desire to have one every series. It would be out of place in May. I agree that the food / animal costume is a full fledged reoccurring them in each series now.

What sort Spring / Summer specific minifigs could be found in a May release though?

1 hour ago, Blakstone said:

Trick-or-Treaters make sense for a September series but I don't feel a desire to have one every series. It would be out of place in May. I agree that the food / animal costume is a full fledged reoccurring them in each series now.

What sort Spring / Summer specific minifigs could be found in a May release though?

I think they've already done most Supring/Summer figures already, at least that I can think of.

Our Bride is still missing wedding party members including the Groom, Ring Bearer, and Flower Girl. Weddings are a staple in June. We could also go old school with a maypole dancer. I think those would be more fitting than Halloween stuff for May. It is understandable that September series contain Halloween stuff but I think we need more figures that fit in a Holiday or Winter village setting as well. But May is definitely the wrong time for that.

I like the red jacket for my winter village. That looks like Gepetto, maybe there will be a Pinocchio?

Some sort of generic spring/summertime figure like a Gardener would be nice. At least we would finally get a minifigure scale watering can...

Beyond that, it's hard to say. Sometimes figures are released after their holiday or time of year they are supposed to represent. For example, the Series 7 Bunny Suit Guy was released in May, which is right after Easter.

I'd really love a Cupid figure, but it would be better suited for a January series, just in time for Valentine's Day... An Uncle Sam figure would be kind of cool, since we already have Lady Liberty...

Edited by telaruhn