Sign in to follow this  
Captain Flint

Nocturnus Minichallenge II: Temple of Blood

Build for the Black Spire.

In the darklands in the land of undead lies the Temple of Blood and where Angonran the greatest vampire, leader of undead and his army performs rituals with blood magic, pray for darkness and call the chaos god to protect all undead for the Black Spire victory.

It's been a long time since I build something so I'm glad that I'm back and, of course I like the idea of this challenge.

29391093300_14938b2ec5_c.jpg

Very nice! It is appropriately dismal and dark. I love the pool of blood and the piles of bones! The giant, red-eyed skull and the stone texture of the walls are also quite nice, though if I were to complain about anything it would be that it is a bit stud-filled. I would prefer more tiles used to smooth things out a bit. Otherwise, the droid-arm vines and the candles are a nice touch, and the build looks great!

That's a grisly scene. You really captured the original essence of Nocty in this one with the dark and foreboding atmosphere.

Greatest vampire? That claim shall be put to the test!

I read that in the story and actually thought of you, Vlad.

And then thought, "Uh oh, this could be contentious!"

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Sorry guys. I see that I messed up with the story. What now?

A fight to the death, obviously. Or rather un-death, or whatever, since you are vampires...

Technically, Vlad is a half vampire, so...

It's always difficult to claim such superlative titles (well, except for me, I'm the only rat around and therefore the meanest and greatest rat).

If it's such a thing for you, you could call him "greatest vampire of the Black Spire", or of a certain realm/tribe/region.

But otherwise I like the idea that there are several aspirants of that title, who think of themselves as the mightiest of their kind. Otherwise there would be no conflict. And stories without conflicts are boring.

Now onto your build! Your wall design hits my personal taste, so I can say I have no critique about that. Blufiji pointed out what I can only repeat, you bring back that old spirit of Nocturnus we were missing for a while now. Not that I wouldn't enjoy the new diversity of the Darklands, I myself do my part for that. But it's important not to lose that demonic, undead charisma that Nocturnus was intended to be.

And I like the use of trans red tiles. Best choice for blood imho.

Now here's a build to remind new and old members of just how beautiful the Darklands are. The old stone walls, blood pools, eerie plant life - Nocturnus really is a pretty place, isn't it?

Great build and entry all around. Welcome back Captain Flint!

Great to see another Nocturnus build from you! I quite like the use of plates along with tiles in the stonework, as it goes a rougher look that fits Nocturnus well.

Excellent pool and composition to the scene as well :thumbup:

Greqt entry !

Even if it's for the Black Spire... :laugh::tongue:

I have to admit that your wall texture is just great and that blood pond is greatly done. I like the fact that it's not totally studless, the last studs you put here and there on the blood texture give the impression of a bubling fountain.

Great job !