Sariel

Controlling SBrick(s) with a PS4 gaming pad

Because nobody likes touchscreens. The video below explains whats and hows, and the app that does the magic comes courtesy of István Murvai and can be downloaded here: https://dl.dropboxus...kcontroller.apk

All kudos to Istvan and the SBrick team, I merely tested it and made the video.

I think this is a very useful application, if i had an Sbrick and a smartphone or tablet, using the touchscreen is an annoying thing, mostly because my hands are pretty big (like those Sasquatch hands), and because of that it is a bit hard to see the screen and control all the buttons, but looking how well it works with a normal controller, it gives me some hope about using it with a controller, is really cool, i think István Murvai;made ab excellent job in this app, by the way you also made a nice video and review.

This is awesome news.

Two questions remain:

1. Will this work with a PS3 controller, too?

2. Can I minimize the Sbrick app (have it run in the background) and use the camera app vor video recording?

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks Sariel for the great video review.

I just tested how the app behaves if I send it to background. It keeps the connection to the SBrick but unfortunatelly the app doesn't get the controller actions while in background. So still no videorecording during playback :( At least with the same device.

I think it's Android's fault. It seems to only send commands from the pad to the app currently "on top".

That is some cool shizzle. I will make sure to test it myself. Nice work!

Thanks Sariel for making this cool How-To video. I have been using this setup since May, it works like a charm.

The app developed by Istvan is very good, more reliable than the official one, at least on my Android phone.

I am certain it will work just as good with a PS3 controller, or any Bluetooth gamepad, for that matter.

13 hours ago, RichTech said:

I would like to know why I have too much latency with the ps4 controller and the sbrick

Which application are you using to control the SBrick?