Kai NRG

Nocturnus Minichallenge II: Preliminary Ceremonies

Edit: For the Resistance.

29606772186_486f3c5dbd.jpg

Who is this that cometh, with light tread, towards the altar of his ancestors?
29017606793_8c61aca942.jpg

Why doth he draw a scarlet knife and light the flame of war?
29351101370_1dd9df3c17.jpg

29015607224_81a582b934.jpg

One last picture, just 'cause I love my blobs of rock. :laugh:
29531034162_709de4f2c9.jpg

Glad to be back with another GoH build! Had fun with the photography for this one. C&C welcome as always!

I have to say, this is some beautiful rockwork! The balance of the form, with the overhang and winding path, makes it almost bonsai-tree-esque, in a very good way. Well done! And the pictures look great, too.

That rockwork is from an incredibly high niveau, and I gotta love that pathway! The colourscheme of this build is so awesome! The Orange blackground and clear photgraphy only adds to it

ahhh that overhang! had I seen it before, I'd totally have copied it in my current build! :grin:

Thanks everyone!  :classic:

On 9/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I have to say, this is some beautiful rockwork! The balance of the form, with the overhang and winding path, makes it almost bonsai-tree-esque, in a very good way. Well done! And the pictures look great, too.

Thank you!  This kind of rockwork is time consuming but really rewarding!

On 9/13/2016 at 1:41 AM, TitusV said:

That rockwork is from an incredibly high niveau, and I gotta love that pathway! The colourscheme of this build is so awesome! The Orange blackground and clear photgraphy only adds to it

Thanks Titus!  I think this is my first upload with my nifty new camera... :smug: :grin:

On 9/13/2016 at 2:56 PM, en_zoo said:

ahhh that overhang! had I seen it before, I'd totally have copied it in my current build! :grin:

:laugh:  By all means give it a go if you get a chance again, but just to warn you... it's maybe not as easy as it looks!

On 9/13/2016 at 6:07 PM, MassEditor said:

Very nice work on the rocks and path here!

Thanks MassEditor!

Good to see you in the Guilds again, Kai!

I can see why you love those blobs of rockwork! Overhanging rock spikes always.. eh.. dare I say, rock:wink: The beacon/altar looks really neat as well, especially with the large flames. The only (minor) thing missing in my opinion are slight hints of vegetation or snow; something that would break the monotony of the rocks or indicate what kind of surroundings this build has (like altitude or biome). Another very nice build, keep up the good work! :classic: :thumbup:

This is great! The build by itself is awesome, but I really like that air of mystery in storytelling :) Makes me want to find out more about the lonely figure (and his ancestors) :D

Edited by Hexx
spelling

On 23/09/2016 at 10:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

:laugh:  By all means give it a go if you get a chance again, but just to warn you... it's maybe not as easy as it looks!

ah, true. I didn't think about that :blush:

On 9/25/2016 at 10:11 AM, Exetrius said:

Good to see you in the Guilds again, Kai!

I can see why you love those blobs of rockwork! Overhanging rock spikes always.. eh.. dare I say, rock:wink: The beacon/altar looks really neat as well, especially with the large flames. The only (minor) thing missing in my opinion are slight hints of vegetation or snow; something that would break the monotony of the rocks or indicate what kind of surroundings this build has (like altitude or biome). Another very nice build, keep up the good work! :classic: :thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius!  I actually was going to throw in dashes of sand green, and had the container on hand for that purpose, but totally forgot about it while I was building. :look: :tongue:

On 9/26/2016 at 5:26 AM, Hexx said:

This is great! The build by itself is awesome, but I really like that air of mystery in storytelling :) Makes me want to find out more about the lonely figure (and his ancestors) :D

Thanks!   Mystery is handy when you don't have anything else to say... :grin:

15 hours ago, en_zoo said:

ah, true. I didn't think about that :blush:

Don't let me discourage you though!  You can surely figure it out! :wink:

55 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Thanks!   Mystery is handy when you don't have anything else to say... :grin:

Hahahaha, fair enough! :laugh:

Excellent blob of rock and path, Kai :thumbup: The mix of dark brown and reddish brown in the path works very well here, and I really like that altar as well.

The orange background sets the build off nicely :classic:

Masterful rockwork Kai! I also really like the use of the fire "wings" on the pyre, it looks very scenic!

On 9/27/2016 at 9:11 PM, LittleJohn said:

Excellent blob of rock and path, Kai :thumbup: The mix of dark brown and reddish brown in the path works very well here, and I really like that altar as well.

The orange background sets the build off nicely :classic:

Thanks LJ!  I've been wanting to use dark brown more for landscaping and have recently been able to do that a couple of times!

On 9/28/2016 at 7:47 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Very nice rockwork! :wink:

Thank you!

On 10/2/2016 at 3:43 PM, LordDan said:

Masterful rockwork Kai! I also really like the use of the fire "wings" on the pyre, it looks very scenic!

Thanks LordDan!  I had wondered if those wings were really good for much, but they gave just the effect I wanted in this case!

On 10/4/2016 at 1:49 PM, ZCerberus said:

Great looking base!

Thanks ZC!