Mencot

Heroica RPG - Quest#154: Confidence Game

Recommended Posts

29010452954_da8f7e326e_z.jpg

It was early morning and the Heroes arrive at the designated meeting location, outside the northgate of Eubric.

The Heroes party consist of:

28577601203_7ef3dfa27b_t.jpg Zannaqim (Flipz)

77 years old Female Selkreeth Rogue

Level 1

Power: 20 (Level 1 + WP:14 + 5 (Anniversary Medal))

Power Bonus: +5 (Anniversary Medal)

Defense: 5 (Anniversary Medal)

Health: 12/12 (Basic health: 7 + level bonus: 0 + class bonus: 0 + artifact bonus: 5 (Anniversary Medal))

Gold: 60

Equipment: Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire- and Earth+Sealed Elemental), Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max. Health +5, Max. Ether +5. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year; accessory.)

Inventory: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Selkreeth Shuriken (WP:3, throwing weapon), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals (+1 power each successful quest), Trial Brew, 4x Potion, Venom, First Aid Kit (Completely restores health and removes all negative effects for the entire party once.)

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)

135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger

Level 1

Power: 6 (4 + 2)

Defense: 0

Health: 6/6

Gold: 30

Equipment: Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down)

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 8

Power: 11 (8 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 16/16 (16)

Ether: 12/12 (10)

Gold: 53

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), 1 Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Bone, Grating Stone, Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed; longsword), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29555015401_553cebd02f.jpg

It was a beautiful morning, sun was already up and shinning from a cloud free sky. The heroes had a feeling that this was going to be a great day. It seemed their employer was running a bit late, altough he had been so precise about meeting outside of the gates as soon as possible.

Perhaps the heroes could get to know each other in the meantime.

Note: Welcome all to my first quest of hosting! :grin: Try to confirm in about 24 hours and we can get it started. Meanwhile, please check your stats and inform me of any last minute changes you have made.

I know everybody who I have chosen are more experienced players so if I mess something up please let me know so I can fix it :sweet:.

Good Luck and Let's have some fun.

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OoC: Thanks for having me, I am excited to see what happens! My stats look good but it should be 30 Gold. I forgot to update my Gold count when I bought the Pugilist's Gloves. :blush:

Addok-Zo arrives at the location but appears rather anxious. He does not like the thought be being so exposed. He pulls out his hand cannon and thoroughly looks around him, making sure no one is going to attack him while he waits for the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You'd best take care which direction you keep that thing pointed." Boris strolls up to Addok-Zo, his coat collar turned up shielding himself somewhat from the harsh rays of the sun, the vampire leans against his new staff as he relaxes in the shadow of the city wall. "Boris Bruhalv. I assume you're here based on the advertisement?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addok-Zo eases up. "Yeah... sorry. Being vulnerable like this makes me uneasy." He lowers his hand cannon a bit. "The name's Addok-Zo and yeah, you guessed it. I believe there is someone else too, wherever they are."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Zanna bought one of each Tool from the Marketplace, and she's borrowing Arthur's book "Of Power and Mortals"; her Heroica Stats post (link in my signature) should be correct now. :classic:

Still following her compass, Zannaqim wanders her way into the other Heroes. She notes the unfamiliar Cleric and the Ranger from the Hall. "Oh...hello khrnmalv. It is good to see you." She frowns slightly. "Are we the only members of the tribe here? Why did so few answer the call-to-arms?" *I wonder if the book the Arthur gave me would explain...* She pages through "Of Power and Mortals" briefly, but it is filled with unfamiliar words in an unfamiliar tongue. At least the letters were not too different from those used in Kalma--and the diagrams appeared useful as well. Still, she can tell from a glance it will take time--and perhaps help--for her to make sense of it. She approaches the cleric.

"My name is Zannaqim. You are khrnkav, yes? Do you know why the one who made the call-to-arms not here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addok-Zo eases up. "Yeah... sorry. Being vulnerable like this makes me uneasy." He lowers his hand cannon a bit. "The name's Addok-Zo and yeah, you guessed it. I believe there is someone else too, wherever they are."

Boris shifts as he looks around for their employer. "We've got little to worry about this close to the walls of the city. Even a good day's walk will at best yield you some of the monsters wandering around Farmer Donauld's place."

Still following her compass, Zannaqim wanders her way into the other Heroes. She notes the unfamiliar Cleric and the Ranger from the Hall. "Oh...hello khrnmalv. It is good to see you." She frowns slightly. "Are we the only members of the tribe here? Why did so few answer the call-to-arms?" *I wonder if the book the Arthur gave me would explain...* She pages through "Of Power and Mortals" briefly, but it is filled with unfamiliar words in an unfamiliar tongue. At least the letters were not too different from those used in Kalma--and the diagrams appeared useful as well. Still, she can tell from a glance it will take time--and perhaps help--for her to make sense of it. She approaches the cleric.

"My name is Zannaqim. You are khrnkav, yes? Do you know why the one who made the call-to-arms not here?"

"Khrnkav? No, Bruhalv." The vampire attempts to enunciate more clearly. "Broo-hall-v and nay, I can't say why our contact is running late. I figure the three of us will be enough though, as the writings of Monsolo say 'A rope of one strand is broken, while two may barely hold, but a line of three ply is not easily severed.'"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All here, good. And stats now updated, lets start.

The heroes didn´t need to wait around too long before they heard noices coming from west side of the street.

29525538742_d7b1b13bb5.jpg

A young man on a horse cart arrived, waving at them.

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

"Helo, helo. All here, I presume? Hmm." He counts the heroes, pointing at everyone while counting with a low voice, "1, 2, 3." "Good. Sorry for being late, I hmm, had some business in town that I needed to attend."

"I am William Blanton, the younger. Or Counselor Blanton as my employer calls me..." He looks at the heroes once again, thinking "strange kind of group, perfect." He especially looks on Boris, "Hmmh, You look a little pale?"

"So who be all of you? But we hmmm, have a long way ahead of us to Luosh. So climb aboard first, then we can talk more as we go."

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Helo, helo. All here, I presume? Hmm." He counts the heroes, pointing at everyone while counting with a low voice, "1, 2, 3." "Good. Sorry for being late, I hmm, had some business in town that I needed to attend."

"I am William Blanton, the younger. Or Counselor Blanton as my employer calls me..." He looks at the heroes once again, thinking "strange kind of group, perfect." He especially looks on Boris, "Hmmh, You look a little pale?"

"And you look a little jaundiced," the cleric mutters back.

"So who be all of you? But we hmmm, have a long way ahead of us to Luosh. So climb aboard first, then we can talk more as we go."

Boris climbs aboard the wagon, taking shelter in the shade of the backboard. "You'll have to forgive me Counselor, but having hired us, how be it that you're not familiar with who we are? I'm also curious why you thought, heroes from Heroica were best suited for this job, seeing as how you could have just hired some standard caravan guards."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

The young man becomes nervous and stumbles in his words. "Eh, I..I did not mean to insult you, mister Bruhalv...right? I just meant that you looked a bit pale, like I was concerned if you were ill. Mister Tweed my employer is a strict man and he asked for the best heroes that Heroica had, eh, it would be bad if one of you were ill or wounded right from the start."

"I know you are from Heroica but I don't know much more of you. I picked you out from the rest by looks, you three looked the eh, toughest."

The man thinks for a bit before answering.

"The answer to why we choose to turn to Heroica for help, hmm, eh... yes, it is said you people get the job done. Because the thing is, eh Mister Tweed can fill you in better later but our money transports have been raided. And the hits seem well organized cause they always know when and where to hit, no survivors, no evidence left behind. Our men and Hinckwell guards have searched for the robbers but in vain. The Hinckwell family has hired Heroica before and your organization has a good reputation with them, so they, eh "asked" us to contact you with this matter."

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris shifts as he looks around for their employer. "We've got little to worry about this close to the walls of the city. Even a good day's walk will at best yield you some of the monsters wandering around Farmer Donauld's place."

"Khrnkav? No, Bruhalv." The vampire attempts to enunciate more clearly. "Broo-hall-v and nay, I can't say why our contact is running late. I figure the three of us will be enough though, as the writings of Monsolo say 'A rope of one strand is broken, while two may barely hold, but a line of three ply is not easily severed.'"

Zanna stares at Boris in confusion, then shakes her head. "No, that is...khrnkav is no name, that would be like if my name was msh'ksk--'Rogue' as I am told. Khrnkav is a...way of battle. I am msh'ksk, the Addok-zo is khrnmalv...by your mace you are khrnkav or mshkav, or Selkreeth who follows ways of...navrask...I do not know the word." Zanna is about to struggle further, when the party's employer appears.

The heroes didn´t need to wait around too long before they heard noices coming from west side of the street.

A young man on a horse cart arrived, waving at them.

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

"Helo, helo. All here, I presume? Hmm." He counts the heroes, pointing at everyone while counting with a low voice, "1, 2, 3." "Good. Sorry for being late, I hmm, had some business in town that I needed to attend."

"I am William Blanton, the younger. Or Counselor Blanton as my employer calls me..." He looks at the heroes once again, thinking "strange kind of group, perfect." He especially looks on Boris, "Hmmh, You look a little pale?"

"So who be all of you? But we hmmm, have a long way ahead of us to Luosh. So climb aboard first, then we can talk more as we go."

"My name is Zannaqim. I am msh'ksk of the tribe of Heroica. [[i answer the tribe-call-to-arms.]]" As she completes the oath in Selkreeth, she crosses and folds back her arms in a diamond shape in her traditional salute, before finally climbing aboard the cart. Once seated, she listens as the William Blanton caller-to-arms and the Bruhalv exchange words. Despite their rapidity and difficult-to-interpret tones, she does her best to keep up.

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

The young man becomes nervous and stumbles in his words. "Eh, I..I did not mean to insult you, mister Bruhalv...right? I just meant that you looked a bit pale, like I was concerned if you were ill. Mister Tweed my employer is a strict man and he asked for the best heroes that Heroica had, eh, it would be bad if one of you were ill or wounded right from the start."

"I know you are from Heroica but I don't know much more of you. I picked you out from the rest by looks, you three looked the eh, toughest."

The man thinks for a bit before answering.

"The answer to why we choose to turn to Heroica for help, hmm, eh... yes, it is said you people get the job done. Because the thing is, eh Mister Tweed can fill you in better later but our money transports have been raided. And the hits seem well organized cause they always know when and where to hit, no survivors, no evidence left behind. Our men and Hinckwell guards have searched for the robbers but in vain. The Hinckwell family has hired Heroica before and your organization has a good reputation with them, so they, eh "asked" us to contact you with this matter."

"What is this tribe of Hinck-well you speak of? Will their warriors fight with us against the enemy?" Zannaqim looks around, expecting the armies of their seeming allies to appear at any moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My name is Zannaqim. I am msh'ksk of the tribe of Heroica. [[i answer the tribe-call-to-arms.]]" As she completes the oath in Selkreeth, she crosses and folds back her arms in a diamond shape in her traditional salute, before finally climbing aboard the cart. Once seated, she listens as the William Blanton caller-to-arms and the Bruhalv exchange words. Despite their rapidity and difficult-to-interpret tones, she does her best to keep up.

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

Blanton tries to follow Selkreeth gestures but finally when she stops nods his head towards her and talks a bit slower because he could see she wasn´t too familiar with the common language." Pleasure to meet you, Zannaqim. I have not had the chance to meet a Selkreeth before but it is an honor to meet you and maybe learn something more about your race."

He looks at remaining hero, "You have to be Add, he looks in a small notebook he carries eh Addok-Zo then, you are of Wakorian race?"

"What is this tribe of Hinck-well you speak of? Will their warriors fight with us against the enemy?" Zannaqim looks around, expecting the armies of their seeming allies to appear at any moment.

"The Hinckwells? You could not have been around here for long then if you have not heard about them. The Hinckwell family is one of the wealthiest around here, their head of family business is here in Eubric freeport.

No, no worries, there will be just the four of us until we arrive in Luosh. But we can talk more of this as we travel because how does the saying go, "walls have ears"..."

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks at remaining hero, "You have to be Add, he looks in a small notebook he carries eh Addok-Zo then, you are of Wakorian race?"

Addok-Zo climbs aboard the cart. "Yeah, you would be right. Tell me, do you suspect a specific group or no? Based on what you said, we are dealing with professionals, not a bunch of amateurs."

Edited by Goliath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zanna stares at Boris in confusion, then shakes her head. "No, that is...khrnkav is no name, that would be like if my name was msh'ksk--'Rogue' as I am told. Khrnkav is a...way of battle. I am msh'ksk, the Addok-zo is khrnmalv...by your mace you are khrnkav or mshkav, or Selkreeth who follows ways of...navrask...I do not know the word." Zanna is about to struggle further, when the party's employer appears.

"Ah, you mean 'cleric' or one who upholds. I take it you are far from your home?"

The young man becomes nervous and stumbles in his words. "Eh, I..I did not mean to insult you, mister Bruhalv...right? I just meant that you looked a bit pale, like I was concerned if you were ill. Mister Tweed my employer is a strict man and he asked for the best heroes that Heroica had, eh, it would be bad if one of you were ill or wounded right from the start."

"That it would, you need not worry, Counselor. I doubt I'll be worrying about illness or wounds for a very long time."

"I know you are from Heroica but I don't know much more of you. I picked you out from the rest by looks, you three looked the eh, toughest."

"You mean the most foreign." Boris grins, his sharp fangs coming through.

"The answer to why we choose to turn to Heroica for help, hmm, eh... yes, it is said you people get the job done. Because the thing is, eh Mister Tweed can fill you in better later but our money transports have been raided. And the hits seem well organized cause they always know when and where to hit, no survivors, no evidence left behind. Our men and Hinckwell guards have searched for the robbers but in vain. The Hinckwell family has hired Heroica before and your organization has a good reputation with them, so they, eh "asked" us to contact you with this matter."

"Well Hinckwell guards are notoriously irresponsible, so I can't fault your client that. You say you transport a good deal of money back and forth along this road. What business is your, Mister Tweed in?" The vampire pulls out a small flask and takes a drink trying to ignore the discomfort of the rough road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28881256553_7fedb65318_s.jpg

Blanton tries to follow Selkreeth gestures but finally when she stops nods his head towards her and talks a bit slower because he could see she wasn´t too familiar with the common language." Pleasure to meet you, Zannaqim. I have not had the chance to meet a Selkreeth before but it is an honor to meet you and maybe learn something more about your race."

He looks at remaining hero, "You have to be Add, he looks in a small notebook he carries eh Addok-Zo then, you are of Wakorian race?"

"The Hinckwells? You could not have been around here for long then if you have not heard about them. The Hinckwell family is one of the wealthiest around here, their head of family business is here in Eubric freeport.

No, no worries, there will be just the four of us until we arrive in Luosh. But we can talk more of this as we travel because how does the saying go, "walls have ears"..."

Zanna just stares at the William Blanton. "How can walls have ears? Unless they are alive...? Are they the enemy you gave us the call to fight?" Zanna unsheaths her dagger, readying herself for battle as best she can.

"Ah, you mean 'cleric' or one who upholds. I take it you are far from your home?"

"'Clar-ick'...it is close enough. Khrnkav are rare among the Selkreeth of Kalma. We do not have much use for them. Our kind heal fast, and most things cannot kill us for only a short time, and even less can kill us for all time."

"Well Hinckwell guards are notoriously irresponsible, so I can't fault your client that. You say you transport a good deal of money back and forth along this road. What business is your, Mister Tweed in?" The vampire pulls out a small flask and takes a drink trying to ignore the discomfort of the rough road.

At last, something Zanna can understand. "Ah. Allies of a weak tribe. How strong is their [[honor-bond]] to our tribe? Do we need to..." Zanna struggles for "consider" for several seconds, before giving up and trying a different phrasing. "Will they break their bond if we...hmm...win?...where they have lost? Or could they have...breaked?...their bond to turn against us in...what is the Common word...'se-cret'? Could they be the ones who did the raid?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addok-Zo climbs aboard the cart. "Yeah, you would be right. Tell me, do you suspect a specific group or no? Based on what you said, we are dealing with professionals, not a bunch of amateurs."

As all three heroes are up on the cart, if they had good observation, they could notice a longbow next to Blanton.

Blanton picked up the reins and gave them a flick and in the same time calling out, "Ha, lets go."And the horse started moving along the road towards Luosh.

29547828442_902016939a_t.jpg

"Hmm, eh." Blanton wonders what he would say for a while. "Not really my place to say. I don´t know really so much about criminals, this is the first time in awhile I have been outside of Luosh. I usually run everything around Mr Tweeds household, paperwork, salaries etc. but it feels like they are well sorted out for this and probably is the same bandits that hit us."

"That it would, you need not worry, Counselor. I doubt I'll be worrying about illness or wounds for a very long time."

"You mean the most foreign." Boris grins, his sharp fangs coming through.

He was going to reply something but as he turns his head around, he sees Boris grin and he quickly turns his head back and mutters to himself.

"A vampire..." But then he exhales and says "That explains alot, pale skin, protecting against the sun."

"Well Hinckwell guards are notoriously irresponsible, so I can't fault your client that. You say you transport a good deal of money back and forth along this road. What business is your, Mister Tweed in?" The vampire pulls out a small flask and takes a drink trying to ignore the discomfort of the rough road.

"Mr Tweed is one of the richest men in Luosh, mainly he runs a shipping company but now days he is also a banker and he does a great deal of business with the Hinckwell family." He lowers his voice, "Eh, The Hinckwells own a part of Mr Tweeds shippingbuisness, but you did not hear that from me. It is Hinckwells gold mostly we transport back and fort here."

Zanna just stares at the William Blanton. "How can walls have ears? Unless they are alive...? Are they the enemy you gave us the call to fight?" Zanna unsheaths her dagger, readying herself for battle as best she can.

Blandton smiles, "Ah yes, I apologize. It is a saying that means to warn someone to be careful of what they say because someone may be listening, but yes the walls don´t literally ears."

At last, something Zanna can understand. "Ah. Allies of a weak tribe. How strong is their [[honor-bond]] to our tribe? Do we need to..." Zanna struggles for "consider" for several seconds, before giving up and trying a different phrasing. "Will they break their bond if we...hmm...win?...where they have lost? Or could they have...breaked?...their bond to turn against us in...what is the Common word...'se-cret'? Could they be the ones who did the raid?"

"Now that we have left Eubric, we can talk more freely. As said, the gold transports we do to Eubric are Hinckwells gold and because of that this whole thing is really, eeh, a little sensitive or that is the least what one could say. Mr Tweed is losing gold, the Hinckwells are loosing gold, so you can understand that everybody want this to be, eh "fixed", whatever it takes."

"But you will be filled in more when we get to Luosh but one thing because this is a sensitive matter and my employer thinks it could be a inside job. Because of that we ask for discretion."

QM note:: Edited in something here (longbow thing), had forgot to add it when I first wrote this post, sorry.

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blandton smiles, "Ah yes, I apologize. It is a saying that means to warn someone to be careful of what they say because someone may be listening, but yes the walls don´t literally ears."

Zanna blinks once as she processes the explanation. "I see," she replies, filing the colloquialism away for future use. She stows away her dagger once more, but keeps her gaze alert for potential ambushers.

"Now that we have left Eubric, we can talk more freely. As said, the gold transports we do to Eubric are Hinckwells gold and because of that this whole thing is really, eeh, a little sensitive or that is the least what one could say. Mr Tweed is losing gold, the Hinckwells are loosing gold, so you can understand that everybody want this to be, eh "fixed", whatever it takes."

"But you will be filled in more when we get to Luosh but one thing because this is a sensitive matter and my employer thinks it could be a inside job. Because of that we ask for discretion."

*'Inside job'? Speaking in secrecy? Could that mean that the Blanton shares my suspicions?* "Please speak more of this...'inside job'. I do not know 'sen-si-tive' or 'disk-resh-un', but your kind of speaking is...ksk...meant to be not known, yes? If that is it, then do not worry--my Common is bad, but that makes it more easy to keep things not known." Zanna attempts the gesture of briefly closing and then opening one eye, as she had seen several human msh'ksk do to demonstrate trustworthiness, but between her slightly translucent nictitating membranes and the uneasy wiggling of her skinless cartilaginous head-tentacles, the gesture is more unsettling than anything else.

Edited by Flipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Please speak more of this...'inside job'. I do not know 'sen-si-tive' or 'disk-resh-un', but your kind of speaking is...ksk...meant to be not known, yes? If that is it, then do not worry--my Common is bad, but that makes it more easy to keep things not known." Zanna attempts the gesture of briefly closing and then opening one eye, as she had seen several human msh'ksk do to demonstrate trustworthiness, but between her slightly translucent nictitating membranes and the uneasy wiggling of her skinless cartilaginous head-tentacles, the gesture is more unsettling than anything else.

Blanton smiles a little but at the same time feel uneasy when Zanna attempts to wink with her eye.

29547828442_902016939a_t.jpg

"Eeh, y yes your are right, I meant that, yes. If I may ask that you should not mention that you are heroes much or where your from. The matter is sensitive in the way that it has strained" Blanton tries to use a common word that Zanna would understand better, " or made bad, the already tense/bad relations between my employers house and the Hinckwells. Hmm "Inside job", that has come up on our council meetings, but it is more Mr Tweed that thinks that. Eh, say I don´t know what to think.""

1/3 of the journey had now passed and it was midday. Blanton thinks for awhile and then speaks again, He lowers his voice,

"eh, we h have actually find one evidence or we think it is after the last raid. I was not meant to say anything yet but I thought it would be good for you to know already. You will see it and you can examine it more closely when we get to Luosh but it was a silver pin or seal of some sort, resembling a canine animal, eh wolf maybe."

Blanton then changes topic, takes out the small notebook again and starts asking Zanna and Addok-Zo about their homecountries and history,

"I am always eager to learn more about new people and places and this is a great oppertunity to learn when meet you two personally?"

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blanton then changes topic, takes out the small notebook again and starts asking Zanna and Addok-Zo about their homecountries and history,

"I am always eager to learn more about new people and places and this is a great oppertunity to learn when meet you two personally?"

Not used to the foreign customs he has been introduced to, Addok-Zo scowls at him for a few long, hard seconds. But he decides to give the man a chance. "I hail from the desert wastes of Abra. That is... was, my home. In your tongue, the place of Wakorian origin is known as 'The Divide.' Does that satiate your question?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eeh, y yes your are right, I meant that, yes. If I may ask that you should not mention that you are heroes much or where your from. The matter is sensitive in the way that it has strained" Blanton tries to use a common word that Zanna would understand better, " or made bad, the already tense/bad relations between my employers house and the Hinckwells. Hmm "Inside job", that has come up on our council meetings, but it is more Mr Tweed that thinks that. Eh, say I don´t know what to think."

"I'm afraid I fail to see the impact of how knowing our identity would be a problem, my good counselor. If both Mr. Tweed and the Hinckwells are aware of your contacting us, then I can hardly see how it might negatively affect things. Besides the less confusion there is in this entire matter the better."

"eh, we h have actually find one evidence or we think it is after the last raid. I was not meant to say anything yet but I thought it would be good for you to know already. You will see it and you can examine it more closely when we get to Luosh but it was a silver pin or seal of some sort, resembling a canine animal, eh wolf maybe."

"Hmmm, perhaps the Wolfpack... which would make sense considering your boss's connection with the Hinckwells."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not used to the foreign customs he has been introduced to, Addok-Zo scowls at him for a few long, hard seconds. But he decides to give the man a chance. "I hail from the desert wastes of Abra. That is... was, my home. In your tongue, the place of Wakorian origin is known as 'The Divide.' Does that satiate your question?"

Blanton notices the Wakorian getting annoyed by his questions, it wasn´t hard to not notice. "Yes, that satisfies some of my thirst for knowledge He quickly writes something down. Eh, you know I like to read and do research, foreign races and their culture fascinates me. I apologize if I am too forwards.

"I'm afraid I fail to see the impact of how knowing our identity would be a problem, my good counselor. If both Mr. Tweed and the Hinckwells are aware of your contacting us, then I can hardly see how it might negatively affect things. Besides the less confusion there is in this entire matter the better."

29547828442_902016939a_t.jpg

"Yes, eh no, I meant in general under this mission. This was a request by the council.

"Hmmm, perhaps the Wolfpack... which would make sense considering your boss's connection with the Hinckwells."

"Wolfpack... eh, I have heard about them, actually. Tell me more? And eh, same time tell me about yourself? H how, did you et, turn to what you are, right now?

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blanton smiles a little but at the same time feel uneasy when Zanna attempts to wink with her eye.

29547828442_902016939a_t.jpg

"Eeh, y yes your are right, I meant that, yes. If I may ask that you should not mention that you are heroes much or where your from. The matter is sensitive in the way that it has strained" Blanton tries to use a common word that Zanna would understand better, " or made bad, the already tense/bad relations between my employers house and the Hinckwells. Hmm "Inside job", that has come up on our council meetings, but it is more Mr Tweed that thinks that. Eh, say I don´t know what to think.""

1/3 of the journey had now passed and it was midday. Blanton thinks for awhile and then speaks again, He lowers his voice,

"eh, we h have actually find one evidence or we think it is after the last raid. I was not meant to say anything yet but I thought it would be good for you to know already. You will see it and you can examine it more closely when we get to Luosh but it was a silver pin or seal of some sort, resembling a canine animal, eh wolf maybe."

Blanton then changes topic, takes out the small notebook again and starts asking Zanna and Addok-Zo about their homecountries and history,

"I am always eager to learn more about new people and places and this is a great oppertunity to learn when meet you two personally?"

Zanna chooses not to respond to the Blanton's explanation; she understands enough that her own observations will be more helpful than the awkward half-conversations she'd have to muddle through for more information.

"Like all Selkreeth, I am from Kalma. We Selkreeth live there in many tribes, always at war with other tribes to test our strength. We do not fear hurt, because we heal fast and are almost not-possible to kill. Kalma is a bad place for those who are not Selkreeth, though. You should not go there, Kalma will kill most humans who do."

Edited by Flipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Like all Selkreeth, I am from Kalma. We Selkreeth live there in many tribes, always at war with other tribes to test our strength. We do not fear hurt, because we heal fast and are almost not-possible to kill. Kalma is a bad place for those who are not Selkreeth, though. You should not go there, Kalma will kill most humans who do."

He writes in his notebook, "Good, good. You, Selkreeths really fascinate me."

QM note: Check your pm. :wink:

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halfway through their journey is halted. The weather has also changed a bit from morning, it is more cloudy now...

29591365892_1a2bf6f7db.jpg

At a small crossroad, there is a man standing and working on something. The man, by the looks maybe is a carpenter of somesort, he is talking to himself while he is hammering.

29547827702_31556842f7_t.jpg

"Work, work, work... Always work, underpaid :grumble, grumble: always somethin' broken, need fixin'..."

The man doesn´t notice the party coming his way.

What will the heroes do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addok-Zo nudges Boris. "I don't like the look of this guy, chief. It seems rather strange that he is building something on a crossroad. That's the tactic of a bandit."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.