Murdoch17

Adventurers - Sinister naval battle - cruiser "Vladek" - real MOC

Fictional background info:

Built in 1919 by the evil country of OGEL, the Vladek is a diesel powered battle cruiser originally intended for use by finding enemy ships and sinking them with it's nine guns on three turrets. This ship was finished too late to serve in World War I, and so sat until 1922, when Lord Sam Sinister manged to convince the mysterious leader of OGEL to let him borrow it to scourer the globe looking for valuable and dangerous artifacts of immense power. The Vladek has been Sam's base of operations in several campaigns such the Orient Expedition and Dino Island, and he has the full might of the OGEL military behind him as his personal army. Only time will tell if that is enough to stop Johnny Thunder and his pals!

31959845462_ded99d5e0b_z.jpg

In the Real world:

This Adventurers-style ship happens to be based off set 3829, Fire Nation Ship from a decade ago. (2006) The ship is 85 studs long, while being made to be 20 bricks in height and 16 studs in width.

The ship is modular, with the roof and bridge removable from the war room and each other.

31959847682_00dfd5fca0_z.jpg

The menacing skull on the bow of the battlercruiser signifies it's evil captain and crew!

31959845592_e4f2d2c280_z.jpg

The bow, or front, of the ship is tapered to a point much like on my 1920's Tramp Steamship. while the stern (or rear) is pretty flat. The name "Vladek" should go on the exposed studs back of the ship, as that's the vessel's name. (I haven't got those letters yet!)

31959845212_9aec70aa9c_z.jpg

The vessel features two funnels and room in the lower level for the war room, complete with a large map table.

32069084016_860eae9b2d_z.jpg

The upper floor features the wheel and a nautical telegraph.

32069080946_4653559996_z.jpg

The ship has three turrets with three barrels each that can elevate up and down or rotate left to right.

31054931994_f8f6707f3c_z.jpg

The crew of the battle-cruiser Vladek is on the right, while Captain Hawkins is on the left.

As usual, comments, questions, or complaints are always welcome!

EDIT: This vessel's was constructed just today, 1/4/17, and the page has been restructured once more. I hope you like it!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 10/1/2016 at 6:09 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Your story reminds  of Jules Verne's novel, don't you think so? OGEL is evil because it's LEGO from right to left.

Yeah, I can see the resemblance.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:24 PM, BrickHat said:

Vladek, is that an homage to Knight's Kingdom? Looks pretty good, thanks for sharing!

Yep! Vladek was revealed to be Ogel's ancestor in a LEGO club article around 2003, so of course I had to pay tribute to that by naming the ship after him.

5 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Yep! Vladek was revealed to be Ogel's ancestor in a LEGO club article around 2003, so of course I had to pay tribute to that by naming the ship after him.

Sadly I don't have a single issue of the Lego Club magazines, but that is very interesting!

24 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Sadly I don't have a single issue of the Lego Club magazines, but that is very interesting!

I was a member from 2002-ish to when they stopped sending them around 2013. Apparently, when I turned 18 they stopped sending them. i remember Johnny Thunder, Alpha team, Knights kingdom, Mars Mission, Space Police III and the rest. Around 2008-2010 it became a glorified sale brochure with no fun left in it, sure there were activities, but no fun calendars like in the 2003 issue with the Johnny was on the cover as a kinda movie poster.

mag03wc2.gif

Edited by Murdoch17

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I was a member from 2002-ish to when they stopped sending them around 2013. Apparently, when I turned 18 they stopped sending them. i remember Johnny Thunder, Alpha team, Knights kingdom, Mars Mission, Space Police III and the rest. Around 2008-2010 it became a glorified sale brochure with no fun left in it, sure there were activities, but no fun calendars like in the 2003 issue with the Johnny was on the cover as a kinda movie poster.

:wub: That looks pretty awesome. I also heard they had some great Rock Raiders and Adventurers comics. I always wanted to get a Lego Club membership because that was always on the instructions of the sets I had, but sadly I was never able to do so because I did not live in the USA.

The Vladek's parts were purchased yesterday (Christmas day), and should be built in real life by January 10th(ish). I have updated the entire page's pictures and text to reflect the newer model's features. The ldd file has also been changed to reflect this.

31054931994_f8f6707f3c_z.jpg

The crew has already bee assembled from Lone Ranger soldiers and their officer, with a new Admirals hat from a Ninjago set I got for Christmas. Just waiting on the ship now!

this ship is done, and to celebrate, here is Johnny in another one his Adventures:

31298333023_16f72f8326_z.jpg

Lord Sam Sinister: "Mr Thunder, do you see your pitiful friends over there in the Island Hopper seaplane? Give me the Amulet of the Sea King or your friends will meet an untimely end!

Johnny Thunder: "You dirty brickster! Leave them alone, I don't have the amulet!"

"True to the last, eh Johnny? No matter, now you will realize the awesome power of this technological terror for yourself! All batteries, prepare to fire on my mark. Make you calculations and report in!

Captain Hawkins: "all turrets reported in sir, ready and waiting!"

Lord Sam Sinister: "FIRE!"