LEGO Transformers combiner Liokaiser

1_liokaiser.jpg

z_0d9856.jpg

z_b0197.jpg

z_b0206.jpg

z_b0221.jpg

z_d9869.jpg

z_d9878.jpg

This project started last December and progress were averaging at one bot per month. After 7 months of gruelling yet challenging efforts, Liokaiser is finally done. However , back then (end of June) ... I was given a chance to showcase my LEGO transformers at a local store , so Liokaiser was whisked there for a month (video link below).

After a month , he was put in storage as I was busy with another LEGO TF project. I'd guess I better put a closure to this now .So there :)

>> As a LEGO combiner of this size, (more than 1.5 feet tall)... he is top heavy, so he can't be posed in more elaborate manner. Too much stress were imposed on the hinges . :|

>> Due to complexity of individual bot , merging them to form Liokaiser caused a few weak points in connections. I'm forced to apply extra scaffoldings in a few areas to reinforce these connections, so that posing him about would not topple him over .

>> Yes, it's SEVEN breastforce members I mentioned just now. In the original cartoon, Deathcobra was the 7th member of Breastforce (forming the arm) but was killed early in the show. So here, I decided to pay homage to this character by having him as a helicopter that transforms/separates into components for the combiner: Hands, head and a gun.

2_d0052.jpg

3_j0120.jpg

4_c9768.jpg

bison1.jpg

deathcobra1.jpg

drill1.jpg

guyhawk1.jpg

hell1.jpg

jall1.jpg

leozack1.jpg

If you wish to view more photos of Liokaiser and the whole breastforce team (more than 200 photos!) , the following blog link is a good starting point:

http://alanyuppie.blogspot.com/2016/09/lego-breastforce-combiner-liokaiser.html

As a LEGO TF builder, this project really pushes my limits and skills (and patience.. gawd... finding ways to merge the upper body was simply taxing).

OK now I need find ways to outdo myself again. Lemme think what else I can build next. Thanks for viewing!! :)