Sign in to follow this  
charlesp1138

Custom Advent Calendar - Winter Village Fountain

Call me crazy. This year I'm making custom Lego Advent calendars.

Every year we seem to buy two of the 3-4 available Lego advent calendars for my two girls, and we usually end up disappointed. Apart from the minifigs, the builds are usually a little too close the micro build size for us and a little too far away form the mini build size. In addition, the parts usually just end up in my "parts" pile and no one ever really builds those models ever again. This year I'm going to make it a little more fun. (Hopefully)

The first mini build I've designed is this fountain.

Winter-Village-Fountain.jpg

All of the models will have some use (every year hereafter!) in our small Winter Village. Since I have two girls, I'll have to make more than the usual 24 builds. Some days will be one each, others will be a "you need to work together to make this one" build.

Wish me luck.

If you're at all interested in building this model, the building guide I'll be giving the girls with this one is on my site:

http://www.charlesp.org

Edited by charlesp1138

Another Build. This time the Town Clock.

Winter-Village-Clock.jpg

Creating the building guides of all these is the biggest pain. It's not easy and I'm a perfectionist. Thank goodness for Blueprint and Photoshop. Again, the guide is on my site at charlesp.org

Edited by charlesp1138

The third build will be a simple, red mailbox.

Winter-Village-Mailbox.jpg

And another build for the impending Advent Calendars. A little bigger this time.

Winter-Village-Sleigh.jpg

As always, guide is available on http://www.charlesp.org. Hopefully someone is finding this useful or interesting.

Edited by charlesp1138

Great stuff. Curious which app you're doing those image renders out of?

While I'm waiting for my bricklink orders and compiling all the guides, I am doing it all digital in LDD and rendering in BlueRender.

Great idea! I like the builds you've put together so far. The fountain looks especially fitting for a winter village. I usually avoid buying the advent calendars for the same reason. The builds are too small usually to add to my village and in the end the parts usually don't amount to that much.