Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Nocturnus Mini Challenge: Foreign Aid

Lord Alric Returns to the swamps of Nocturnus to do battle in the upcoming civil war. This one is for the Resistance

28975234373_5b90507d1b_b.jpg

29518089731_3a99584129_b.jpg

My entry for the challenge. Thanks for looking and happy building!

Edited by Blufiji

You have a way with landscaping, and really dense foliage in particular, that is just stunning. While it looks unnatural (in the sense that I have never seen a real-life swamp look like that) it seems so believable. The fungi or plants, whatever those large organisms are, are beautiful, and the glowing flowers/fruiting bodies add a splash of color to the landscape that creates distinct visual interest. I like the variation of height and the uneven edge of the land, as well as the uneven depth of the lime green water. It is a great use of light bricks, too! All in all, another impressive build from an impressive builder.

Great to see your extraordinary swamp vegetation again! Awesome build! :thumbup:

I wonder who the minifig hiding in the upper right corner is.

That's one cool looking swamp!

Thanks!

so suggestive! simply beautiful.

Thank you sir!

You have a way with landscaping, and really dense foliage in particular, that is just stunning. While it looks unnatural (in the sense that I have never seen a real-life swamp look like that) it seems so believable. The fungi or plants, whatever those large organisms are, are beautiful, and the glowing flowers/fruiting bodies add a splash of color to the landscape that creates distinct visual interest. I like the variation of height and the uneven edge of the land, as well as the uneven depth of the lime green water. It is a great use of light bricks, too! All in all, another impressive build from an impressive builder.

It is unnatural in a sense that I've never seen fungi grow like that. It's more fantasy and it's a concept I've used before, though I admit I didn't get the lighting right the first time. I enjoy building that style of swamp as I feel it has a unique flavor to it. Thanks for your insight Henjin!

Great to see your extraordinary swamp vegetation again! Awesome build! :thumbup:

I wonder who the minifig hiding in the upper right corner is.

Thanks Exetrius, as I said above this is my go to swamp decor lol.

I am so honoured to be part of this wonder of nature I'd almost forget to comment! Awesome build, lovely vegetation and especially nice NPU on the tullbands

Loving that unique swampy vegetation mixed with the classic lime green water. Also digging the tan turban usage - sometimes it feels like when people use headgear for plants it can look a bit weird, but not here.

I am so honoured to be part of this wonder of nature I'd almost forget to comment! Awesome build, lovely vegetation and especially nice NPU on the tullbands

Teamwork Titus..Teamwork! Thanks sir!

One of the best use of those trans purple 1x1 cones I've seen :wub: Not to mention that bush/dome combo... :moar:

I always loved those things since they came out, I wanted to make them work somewhere in the Darklands. Thanks SK!

Loving that unique swampy vegetation mixed with the classic lime green water. Also digging the tan turban usage - sometimes it feels like when people use headgear for plants it can look a bit weird, but not here.

I figured I'd give lime green a try, seems to work really well for you. Thanks DB!

Another stunning swamp build, Blufiji :wub: The ground layering is superb, and of course those plants are outstanding :thumbup:

The lit-up picture turned out nicely too :classic:

On 9/25/2016 at 7:09 PM, LittleJohn said:

Another stunning swamp build, Blufiji :wub: The ground layering is superb, and of course those plants are outstanding :thumbup:

The lit-up picture turned out nicely too :classic:

Thanks LJ!

On 10/2/2016 at 3:13 PM, LordDan said:

Excellent build Blufiji! Great work on your unique swamp foliage and  light up effects!

Thank you Lord Dan!

Lovely landscape, I especially like those semi-alien looking glowing flowers :classic:

On 10/6/2016 at 0:10 PM, Gideon said:

Lovely landscape, I especially like those semi-alien looking glowing flowers :classic:

Nocturnus is a strange land! Thanks Gideon!

On 10/7/2016 at 5:15 PM, MassEditor said:

Excellent build!

Nocturnus is truly the most beautiful guild.

Got that right..we also have the most varied landscapes. Thanks ME!

On 10/7/2016 at 8:40 PM, Graham Gidman said:

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks Graham!

On 11/9/2016 at 6:53 AM, The Architect said:

Very nicely done!

Thank you sir!

1 hour ago, de Gothia said:

Creepy, muddy and all so beautiful! Lovely work here!

What animal are they riding?

It's that dewback from the starwars set. Thanks De Gothia!