This car has been in the works for a month now. A big thanks to Sariel's Lego model scaler for proper proportion and Brunojj1 for pushing me to use scaling. It is truely rewarding building a detailed car. Dugald built the awesome chassis, and I designed and built the rest. This beast has a custom made supercharged V12, working steering wheel, servo for steering and 2x XL motors for drive, torsion bar suspension. Utilizing the large Porsche rims, we had to gear down the servo so it turns proper. The toughest part of this build were the doors & torsion bar suspension.  This car has 1880 pieces, 956 pieces in the framework, and 924 pieces in the body work. 

Complete instructions: https://goo.gl/photos/yTNQBTbuJEQuso2b7 

Professional instructions by Thorsten: 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/Thorsten50/ferrari-fxx-supercharged-v12-red

Video:

Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskJaShgY

MOC PAGES: http://www.moc-pages.../moc.php/432696

Front view:

29474136972_2a6ef0a484_b.jpg

Dugald built this whole Chassis - This allowed me to have enough black for the entire car :wink:

29504642671_1c0e94f61d_b.jpg

Rear end:

28960508033_7f02d4f2e4_b.jpg

Butterfly doors

28961525563_a98dd4057c_b.jpg

Style :thumbup:

28958449894_53c504eabc_b.jpg

All doors, hood and trunk open

29504430891_a9b2d62266_b.jpg

Top View

28958530094_78bf8f1d2b_b.jpg

Bottom View

28960511163_635c3497c2_b.jpg

V12 Supercharger courtesy of my Brother :wub:

28959321984_1e844a058b_b.jpg

29475185542_f425789d4e_b.jpg

29566034423_cd5b61d7b6_b.jpgIMG_9806 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

One of my inspirations:

28960538023_27e215665d_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

Those wheels suit the model perfectly!

I really like how the front end looks.

Your skills are improving very quickly. In a blink of an eye you'll become the Arvo brothers of Technic.

Great FXX, big compliments to your bro too :thumbup: :thumbup: !! I´m glad if I could motivate you in any way to improve to next level and I really enjoy the result :wub: ! I think you would have to invest another month to make the doors open some 15 degrees further, perhaps too many headaches. However, it´s "perfect in every detail" if it gives you so much fun and satisfaction :excited: .

Proportions wise that looks superb.

Details wise.... fantastic effort.

Overall look and functions- great job!!!

What a fantastic MOC, credit to you sir :)

Great car. To restate what others have already said, your skills have really improved. I really love the front view of the car

Your skills are improving very quickly. In a blink of an eye you'll become the Arvo brothers of Technic.

Thanks Lipko, means a lot from a fellow supercar builder.

Great FXX, big compliments to your bro too :thumbup: :thumbup: !! I´m glad if I could motivate you in any way to improve to next level and I really enjoy the result :wub: ! I think you would have to invest another month to make the doors open some 15 degrees further, perhaps too many headaches. However, it´s "perfect in every detail" if it gives you so much fun and satisfaction :excited: .

I totally agree about the doors... I did get kinda lazy when I found a weird solution so quick, but it worked so I stuck with it. Can't thank my bro enough for the difficult ground work!

Looking forwards to your next build Brunjj1... :classic:

It is beautiful! :wub_drool: The bodywork is spot on, and the Porsche rims look perfect. Good speed too, what is the gear ratio on the XLs?

Hi Leo,

The ratio is 20 tooth to 12 tooth and brand new batteries. It drives SO smooth considering its only 1 stud off the ground...

Beautiful and in these colours, a touch sinister :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sinister, yes!

Amazing job :thumbup:! Love the looks - interesting custom engine.

Thanks, was stoked to see how well it turned out. It is the proper scale of a V12 in the FXX, so that meant a lot to me to have it functional and cosmetically pleasing.

Wow! It looks spot on! This belongs in the hall of fame :wub: .

Thanks for the kinds words all! Pushes me to work harder on the next build... :wink:

Wait till Dugald drops his new build... super original!

Edited by Lox Lego

This is fantastic, I don't usually like black models but it works very well here. You captured the shape very well too.

This is more impressive than my Shell promotional Polybag.

Thanks, everyone. I had a lot of fun building the chassis for this build, trying to recreate the original suspension, motor (the supercharger was just a bit of flare haha) and dimensions! The 42056 wheels worked perfect for build and I'm so glad to see all the interest/enthusiasm, thanks all!! :)

This is fantastic, I don't usually like black models but it works very well here. You captured the shape very well too.

This is more impressive than my Shell promotional Polybag.

I can only imagine how cool your polybag car was. You are too kind sir

Edited by Lox Lego

On a slightly different topic, do any of you have some advice on taking professional photos of your cars? I find it difficult to photograph a black car properly. What background do you use, what camera lens work best?

I never make photos of black models, but what i will do: i will use black matte paper as background, i will shoot with 2 different colored sources of light (cold daylight window and warm led lamp), i will shoot model from maximum possible distance with enough zoom on lenses - it's reducing perspective distortion. Shooting black lego on black background works only if i shooting in RAW, camera itself rarely can properly handle it.

Here's not the best example of what i talking about. Reflections from 2 different light sources is very sharp on shiny lego parts, but very blurry on backdrop. And black backdrop doesn't raise overall contrast of picture, so it's possible to catch more subtle details without under/overexposing.

20892688142_35c49d0953_c.jpg

Fantastic MOC Brothers! :thumbup: I could only repeat the already mentioned comments. :classic:

I am not sure about the white fence parts on the rear, and indeed the doors could open in wider angle, but the look and the chassis overall: :thumbup: . The front picture is especially an eye-catcher.