welcome to the mindstorm section of the Akiyuki project, this topic is for the modules of Akiyuki that have mindstorms in them or use mindstorms in any way. as always I would appreciate any information (pictures/videos) of these modules working or built here's what I know so far:

Ball Cleaner EV3( in progress by @Juroen) program by Akiyuki (stud.io file available instructions coming soon)

IMG_0655.jpg

Container Transporter NXT  instructions available here by @Courbet program by @9v system available here

IMG_1104b.jpg

Fast Ball Sorter EV3  instructions by Courbet, built by Courbet and Mogwai, program also by Courbet and Mogwai, Render by Blakbird(instructions available)

800x600.jpg

building instructionsprogram for the ev3

any help would be good to get these modules made into instructions (programs will also need to be made)

9v system

Edited by 9v system
updated post with new information

Please don't be discouraged by the lack of the response. Probably we (i.e. GBC freaks) are all in shock. I do wish you all the best. Now I am going away before I get all mushy inside.

Please don't be discouraged by the lack of the response. Probably we (i.e. GBC freaks) are all in shock. I do wish you all the best. Now I am going away before I get all mushy inside.

why? please explain

Ball Cleaner progress 1

started the base frame for this monster of a module building it in LDD first then will have to build it for real after making some draft instructions

640x334.jpg

Edited by 9v system

I like GBC and Mindstorms and I try to build some smaller contraptions by myself. However, when I come accross big and complicated stuff, my knowledge, available time and stamina just ain't enough. In that case I use instructions to learn and to have fun with the finished product. Therefore, I am quite pleased that there are you guys building this and providing instructions and everything. It's just incredible. I have incredible respect for you. So thanks a lot!!

Ambitious.

I will work with Blakbird to get instructions for these modules done

I wonder if Blakbird could confirm the cooperation - that would surely relief some doubts I guess most people have. As for now, I have mixed feelings about this too and your first update on ball cleaner isn't much convincing either. In all honesty.

I wonder if Blakbird could confirm the cooperation - that would surely relief some doubts I guess most people have. As for now, I have mixed feelings about this too and your first update on ball cleaner isn't much convincing either. In all honesty.

you need to understand that it is going to be hard for me to do these modules, plus I have my final exams in a few months so progress will be slow.

I like GBC and Mindstorms and I try to build some smaller contraptions by myself. However, when I come accross big and complicated stuff, my knowledge, available time and stamina just ain't enough. In that case I use instructions to learn and to have fun with the finished product. Therefore, I am quite pleased that there are you guys building this and providing instructions and everything. It's just incredible. I have incredible respect for you. So thanks a lot!!

thanks! glad people are waiting to build these modules as much as I am.

Do we really need a GBC Mindstorms topic?

Can we combine this with another topic?

I have changed the title of this topic. Let's go from there.

progress update

I have been building this machine in real life with my bricks and so far I have been doing quite well 

akiyuki sent me the program for it which I will list here

photos to come

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 9:39 AM, Mogwai said:

Hi .......

i build the BallSorter now finished , add a Ballcounter

display.jpg

links.jpg

In this Version i use 70% Power 

This Version use maximum of Speed = 100%

Edited by Mogwai

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, wmeredith said:

This ball sorter is absolutely amazing! NICE WORK

thanks

On 17 January 2017 at 4:19 AM, Mogwai said:

This Version use maximum of Speed = 100%

Nice! , do you buy your parts from 44 bricks brick link store? I see a tile with there logo on it.

@9v system Yes , but not all . I have my favorites Stores on Bricklink :wink:

Have you a new Instruction for the Basketshooter without Baseplate ?

2 hours ago, Mogwai said:

@9v system Yes , but not all . I have my favorites Stores on Bricklink :wink:

Have you a new Instruction for the Basketshooter without Baseplate ?

No I have been doing other things right now ( ball cleaner, step tower by fin etc) 

Hi ,

I rebuild the Ballsorter to this GBC Module Ballthrower ?

bt-o.jpgbt-l.jpg

bt-r.jpg

Michael

Edited by Mogwai

That's really cool! Only perhaps it would be nice to get two guys shooting to speed up the action - now it delivers balls fairly slow, most other GBC things spit balls much faster :D

very cool!  despite the slower than standard speed, that'd be WELL worth having on a GBC layout! Kids would love it!

Now.. just put a couple of touch sensors at the bottom of the baskets, and keep score!!

Hi all,

I've built around 12 GBC modules (mostly Akiyuki), but none of them contained any NXT/EV3 parts. I'm now thinking of building the Fast Ball Sorter as clear instructions and the program file have been beautifully created and shared here on eurobricks. Big thanks for that! :sweet:

I had a few questions, though, before starting to order parts. I hope some of you who already built the Fast Ball Sorter (Courbet, Mogwai, Goggel...) would be willing to help me with my questions below.

1. Technic, Shock Absorber: is part # 2909c03 correct (Technic, Shock Absorber 9.5L, Complete Assembly (Soft Spring)) ? In one parts list it says 2909c02 (Hard Spring), so just to be sure.
  2. Rubber Belt: is this the same red rubber belt as used in the Ball Factory, so part # x37 (Rubber Belt Medium (Round Cross Section) - Approx. 3 x 3) ?
  3. Ribbed Hoses: same length as used in the spiral lift in the Ball Factory, meaning 11L (part # 78c11) ?
  4. EV3 cables: how many EV3 cables do we need for building the Ball Sorting Robot and in which length(s) ? I guess at least 4 (Color Sensor & 3 Motors), but to avoid unnecessarily long cabling, which lengths would be most efficient ? I noticed these cables come in 25/35/50 cm (10/14/20 inches).
  5. Powering the EV3 brick: what do you use for powering the EV3 brick: 6 AA batteries or the 2050 mAh lithium ion rechargeable battery ? The rechargeable battery seems quite expensive, so I just wondered if it makes any difference when building the Ball Sorter.
  6. Powering the M-Motor: is it correct, for powering the M-Motor, that we have the choice between the normal PF power supply options and the Converter Cable for Mindstorms (part # 8528-1) ? I noticed this cable is very expensive and not offered a lot on BrickLink. Think Akiyuki uses one in his video. If I would use the cable, does the M-Motor automatically start when the EV3 program is executed ? I mean, is this also part of the EV3 program file or how does this work exactly ?
  7. EV3 (general): I don't own any EV3 equipment yet, so I was wondering what would be the best approach to purchase this. Buying parts separately or a complete official EV3 Lego set, like set # 45544 or 31313. I'm a bit worried, because besides the brick, motors, sensors, cables and power supply, I guess I'll also be needing the software and the USB cable that connects the EV3 brick to a PC. Any advice from people having experience with purchasing EV3 parts ? Some guidance would be greatly appreciated :sweet:

Thanks in advance for any support that might be helpful ! Can't wait to start building this one! :grin: