thanks @Courbet.

Those NXT Converter cables are not too cheap.....any way around using them or that's it? It would actually be cheaper for me to buy 3 new NXT motors and use them

On 7/26/2019 at 11:11 PM, HRU_Bricks said:

thanks @Courbet.

Those NXT Converter cables are not too cheap.....any way around using them or that's it? It would actually be cheaper for me to buy 3 new NXT motors and use them

i dont think there is any other purist alternative unfortunately

@Courbet i have finished my build of the CT however i have an issue:

the clamps dont grab the containers sometimes in the slots and the container falls out

can you tell me what you did to make the clamp grab the container properly?

thanks

I had this issue at the beginning of the tuning phase, when I was trying to run the motors with the regulator, without Mindstorms.

At that time I feared the module would not work properly ever.

With the Mindstorms program running the XL motor at full power (100%), the issue has disappeared although I did not do anything except programming the cycle and adjusting the height of the 2 touch sensors.

Have you tried the module with Mindstorms only controlling the XL motor and a 4 steps loop (run XL forward - wait sensor 2 - run XL Backward - wait sensor 3) ? 

I still don't know if the purpose of the 2 linear actuators linked to the liftarms that hold the clamp is for rigidity only or if you are supposed to use them to bend the liftarms a little for a better grip of the clamp (I didn't).

BTW, did you find mistakes in the building instructions?

Edited by Courbet

2 hours ago, Courbet said:

I still don't know if the purpose of the 2 linear actuators linked to the liftarms that hold the clamp is for rigidity only or if you are supposed to use them to bend the liftarms a little for a better grip of the clamp (I didn't).

BTW, did you find mistakes in the building instructions?

im also wondering what the purpose of these are, i tried adjusting them a bit to see if i can get it to grab a bit better, if they are bent to far the clamps struggle to close 

also the instructions are fine but i think the small linear is meant to go into the hole next to it on the right , then it is able to hold a lot of balls as i dont run at full speed or follow the standard      

Had to make some final changes on the design to connect the EV3 charger. Almost ready for my first GBC, only thing left to do is to buy an airbrush aircompressor. 

1920x1440.jpg

I have posted this before, but he has just brought out a new video.

Not an Akiyuki GBC, but in his style.

Still love the overflow elements of this module:

On 9/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, Ankoku said:

I have posted this before, but he has just brought out a new video.

Not an Akiyuki GBC, but in his style.

Still love the overflow elements of this module:

yes i saw this too and i just had to share it to my Fb group, i can recognize parts from different akiyuki modules

On 10/25/2019 at 2:26 AM, Juroen said:

Done!

congratulations on getting it finished, im going to be building it as well, do you have a list of the parts required to build it?

@9v system Thanks. I don’t have a complete part list. Below are some of the main parts:

1 EV3 brick; 4 light sensors; 1 large servo motor; 2 medium servo motors; 1 L-motor; 1 M-motor; 6 meter custom & original EV3 cables; 1 conversion EV3/9V cable; 5 pneumatic switches; 7 48mm pneumatic cylinders; 2 32mm pneumatic cylinders; 1 air tank; 1 pressure gauge; approx 9 meter pneumatic hose; 3 shock absorbers; 1 linear actuator.

@Courbet thank you for creating the instructions Laurent! It must have been a lot of work to reverse engineer it and make the instructions.

I'm currently building the Container Transporter with the aim to replace the EV3 with a mechanical controlling system.
Without EV3 it doesn't belong in this topic but just wanted to let y'all know :)
I've seen the analogue version of Riku Katsumata. I admire it a lot but for me personally this version is too far away from the Akiyuki CT. 
If I can get it to work I will post in the Blakbird topic, if not I won't post anything :)

Hi @Berthil, thanks and good luck with your project. I wonder how you will cope with the 8-phases cycle of the CT without Mindstorm. Have you considered using the parts from the Bug and Lombo gearbox? 

I've considered using parts of the sequential gear boxes (with their new parts) in the latest Technic models to achieve two speeds forward  and reverse so I will look into that. I assume that is what you mean?
But I'm not at that point yet, just building up the Container Transporter with real bricks and digitally so I can fully understand it. I have good hopes (otherwise I would not have started the build) :)

Edited by Berthil

Im currently working on 2 EV3 module. The V760 v2 GBC Robot Arm and the Fast Ball Sorting Robot.

V760 v2:

Physical build is done but the software part is hard for me. Never done anything with an EV3 before.

800x585.jpeg

800x600.png

Fast Ball Sorting Robot:

I want to change the motors and the EV3 brick mount to the other side, so the audience can see the movement better.

800x600.jpeg

Hi,

Just curious where you plug the AC adapter into the EV3?  I just got one, and for the life of me don't see a receptacle for one.

1 hour ago, Fyredog said:

Hi,

Just curious where you plug the AC adapter into the EV3?  I just got one, and for the life of me don't see a receptacle for one.

I'm pretty sure he's got add-on rechargeable battery packs in there replacing the AAs, and that the AC adapter is really just a charge port built in to the rechargeable pack.

Thank you sir - I didn't realize they had that available - quite spendy too.  45501 EV3 Rechargeable DC LiPo Battery

25 minutes ago, Fyredog said:

Thank you sir - I didn't realize they had that available - quite spendy too.  45501 EV3 Rechargeable DC LiPo Battery

Yeah, it sure isn't. If it's anything like PF, getting a 9V transformer and just pinching the wires against the correct two contacts (Using old batteries as spacers, perhaps with some tape on their ends to avoid any electrical properties of theirs from having effect) could work, but you'd definitely want to do it right, and EV3 may be more picky about its voltage!

Not a bad idea actually - definitely something to think about.  Thanks again for your help.  I plan to build the ball cleaner and the sorter.