7 hours ago, Courbet said:

Hi @LEGO_GBC_NL, thanks for your kind words.

Since 75% is the default setting for motors, I kind of thought it might be the best setting for consumption consideration (I was running the EV3 on LR6 batteries, and they exhausted themselves very fast during the tedious test period). I also thought running the motors at 100% and constantly switching rotation might hurt them a bit in the long run, a thing I wanted to avoid since the whole EV3 material was not mine.

Akiyuki's program is more sophisticated that mine and seems to incorporate a return to initial position after a delay without activity.
As it was the first (and as of today, only) program I was to write for EV3, I aimed at simplicity and effectiveness and did not even tried to incorporate this behaviour which would indeed avoid the annoying need to manually reset the grabber each time the program is run.

I think you're right about the motors. The EV3 set was quite expensive indeed and as I'm planning to build more modules in the future using EV3 equipment, it's better to be economical and not overload them. 70% speed is fast enough seeing that the module can easily process the number of balls coming from the spiral lift.

Concerning the program, I understand. I'm definitely not criticizing your program as it worked perfectly for me and at this point in time I couldn't even write something like that myself! I was just curious :sweet: Still very happy that you shared the instructions and program file with everybody!

For the ball counter it just hit me that Mogwai also shared his program file, so I could have studied that before asking here *huh* Let's see if I can reproduce it...

Here is a small video, to show the functioning of the gbc module of mogwai, which I reproduced from the photos.

On 28/09/2017 at 3:22 AM, Martin Haber said:

Hi! Have any person the part list with the part number to make the Fast Ball Sorter Machine (XML or BSX or any format)

Thanks!

Martin

hi there sorry i missed this comment altogether 

but have a look on the first page or on planet gbc under fast ball sorter you will find a part list there

My version of the Sorter-Robot of Akiyuki with the instructions of Courbet, next to the Marble-Run and the Bucket Wheel Tower of Akiyuki and the Return and the Tester of Fernando.

The Sorter-Robot uses the program of Courbet with modifications to count the balls and to be able to regulate the speed of the motor that moves the cylinder with the spiral. It also allows to stop the Sorter-Robot with the tactile push button leaving the different motors in their initial position emptying the ramps of the orange and white balls.

Greetings.

https://youtu.be/YLpi_ElQ_Y8

Edited by FernandoQ
Mod

hi everyone, does anyone know if there is akiyuki ball cleaner instruction  on the web?

thank you all

I would like to build the Akiyuki Ball Cleaner BC-T70. I have set a goal for myself to build this in 6 months. However I can’t find any additional photo’s of this fantastic module. In other words, I’m stuck. Can anybody help me with some additional information, instructions or photo’s perhaps? I have have already mailed Akiyuki a few times, unfortunatley never received a reply. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Hello I am new to your forum but was so amazed by the Fast Ball Sorter by Akiyuki that I though I would try to build it.  The only problem I have right now is that the EV3 program that is supplied here is not in English and very difficult for me to comprehend.  Does anyone have a EV3 program in English?  I will be using the medium PF motor for the spiral lift 

Edited by RickBobbie5

On 9/16/2018 at 10:37 PM, Juroen said:

I would like to build the Akiyuki Ball Cleaner BC-T70. I have set a goal for myself to build this in 6 months. However I can’t find any additional photo’s of this fantastic module. In other words, I’m stuck. Can anybody help me with some additional information, instructions or photo’s perhaps? I have have already mailed Akiyuki a few times, unfortunatley never received a reply. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

@9v system could you help me out?

2 hours ago, Juroen said:

@9v system could you help me out?

hi there 

i am no longer doing the ball cleaner but i can send you some photos that akiyuki sent me and the program

thanks

@9v system is it worth posting the additional Akiyuki images to BrickSafe or Flickr etc. and link them here. That is what I did with the ball factory. I did ask permission from him before hand and he doesn't seem to mind.

4 hours ago, Ankoku said:

@9v system is it worth posting the additional Akiyuki images to BrickSafe or Flickr etc. and link them here. That is what I did with the ball factory. I did ask permission from him before hand and he doesn't seem to mind.

@Ankoku I have already got some additional images from 9v system. If more images are available, that would be great.

Hi All, I have made a specific thread for GBC cleaning machines with the main topic being the Akiyuki build here is the link. @Juroen and @9v system it would be great if you could post your experiences of the cleaning machine build over there

Hi everyone,

I present you complete building instructions for Akiyuki's Container Transporter (CT). This one has been long overdue.

CT_GBC.jpg

Links to pdf files (I had to split the BI in 3 files because of size consideration in Bricksafe) and inventory :

https://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/CT_GBC_part1_3.pdf
https://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/CT_GBC_part2_3.pdf
https://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/CT_GBC_part3_3.pdf
https://bricksafe.com/files/Courbet/akiyuki-project/CT_GBC.bsx

First a little disclaimer. I had told I would use Stud.io for this one, but I end up using LPub3D like before. I quickly realized starting on this software with a nearly three thousand parts project was a bit too much, so I thought I would only use it for generating instructions from a MLCad modelization. But first, the misrepresentation of the shock absorber parts in stud.io annoyed me a lot (there are 7 shock in the CT, including 4 Unimog ones, sadly...) and second when I changed the parameters of the level of restitution to something acceptable the software went on crashing again and again on my PC. 

Replicate the CT would not have been possible with Akiyuki's lone video and the 3 pictures from his 2015/03 post on his old blog. So I deeply thank him and @9v system too for the additionnal pictures unvailed recently. Crucial things were revealed, but not everything - thankfully! Where would be the fun in that case? 

I think I have been quite faithful in the end, except maybe for some structural parts and some aspects of the assembly around the XL motor. I have also tried not to use any part which was not available back in march 2015 !

The basics : 2873 parts, nearly 1 meter long, and very expensive to build (NXT, 3x Touch Sensors, one XL motor, 2x old 9V motors as well, 3x conversion 9V/NXT cables, 7x shocks, 4x linear actuators, 3x 16L axles...)

As always with Akiyuki's modules, there are some very clever builds even if it's a Mindstorms controlled one and not an all mechanical one. The clamp and the 5 integrated clutches are notable.

I won't provide the program directly but I provide the blueprint for a basic version in the third building instructions pdf file. It's not that difficult to understand how the module works and anyone can work around and adjust the settings as they please. 

For those who have not seen it already :

Laurent

@Courbet Thanks Laurent!
Probably the wrong topic :) but as said before, I will try to make a mechanical version with the help of your hard work so thanks again! 

19 minutes ago, Juroen said:

@Courbet Congratulations on the build and thank you for sharing instructions. It looks really amazing. 

32 minutes ago, Berthil said:

@Courbet Thanks Laurent!
Probably the wrong topic :) but as said before, I will try to make a mechanical version with the help of your hard work so thanks again! 

Thank you Berthil and Juroen!

@Berthil, I wish that you succeed in this "de-mindstormisation", but your module will surely be very different from the original one, I assure you !

It might be a good idea as Ankoku suggested to allow the spinners to rotate full circles, devicing a 4 phases module instead of a 8 phases one. 

2 hours ago, HRU_Bricks said:

@Courbet there is bsx files are they the parts file and/or can they be uploaded to bricklink?

Yes, the bsx file is an inventory file made with BrickStock. You should be able to upload it on Bricklink.