Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Hh'alamand'ia - Space Squids Hive MotherSHIP

That's a very nice creation Bob!! I like how you used the Technic turntables :wink:

Another artistic creation from Bob!

Your ship designs are wonderfully unconventional and your choice of colouring is inspired! Do I detect a certain Corellian Corvette's color scheme here - or is it just me? ;)

As per usual you manage to use old bricks in new ways, making me scratch my head how you achieved some of the more organic shapes of your creation.

I also like the fact that the ship initially seems symmetrical, but upon closer investigating is nothing of the sort. It forces your gaze to investigate every nook and cranny. This made me discover that the ship sports many radically differently designed gun emplacements - so far I have counted at least seven different types :)

The patches of grebiling cutting through the sleek hull is a sci-fi ship classic, but you manage to make it look fresh and it certainly underlines the scale of the massive ship.

The motor functions and the lighting is just icing on the cake :thumbup:

I do have one question - would it be possible to create a non interferring stand that could hold the model vertically - perhaps a bit like the UCS B-Wing stand? This model deserves to be scrutinised from all angles, especially given its asymmetrical nature :wub:

Wow! So cool. The color scheme is spot on. Dark red, white and grey...love it!!

Another artistic creation from Bob!

Your ship designs are wonderfully unconventional and your choice of colouring is inspired! Do I detect a certain Corellian Corvette's color scheme here - or is it just me? ;)

As per usual you manage to use old bricks in new ways, making me scratch my head how you achieved some of the more organic shapes of your creation.

I also like the fact that the ship initially seems symmetrical, but upon closer investigating is nothing of the sort. It forces your gaze to investigate every nook and cranny. This made me discover that the ship sports many radically differently designed gun emplacements - so far I have counted at least seven different types :)

The patches of grebiling cutting through the sleek hull is a sci-fi ship classic, but you manage to make it look fresh and it certainly underlines the scale of the massive ship.

The motor functions and the lighting is just icing on the cake :thumbup:

I do have one question - would it be possible to create a non interferring stand that could hold the model vertically - perhaps a bit like the UCS B-Wing stand? This model deserves to be scrutinised from all angles, especially given its asymmetrical nature :wub:

Thanks a lot mortesv! :blush:

The asymmetry should have been more flagrant, but the side with the living quarters (not the side with the big gun) got a bit longer than planned. It's pretty obvious when looking at the initial frame:

28379567773_361b866ba8.jpgSHIPtember 2016 - WIP 1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Displaying it vertically would be a real challenge, due to the moving parts in the center. The stand would have to be almost 80cm high. And the underside isn't much detailed as I ran out of parts :look:

Well, it is a beauty anyway - did you design it from parts on hand? I am really impressed/jealous by your brick collection ;)

Amazing! The colors are great, I and love how the ship is asymmetrical. My favorite part of the ship is the engine (my bad, that's a cannon) using the balloon parts, it seamlessly integrates with the wing. The motorized functions and lights make it even better. One question: how do you access the battery box?

Edit: spelling error

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

Absolutely stunning! I love the unique layout of the ship, and the detail is incredible. You even managed to motorize it.....wow!

You've created a very unique look with this ship. I like the use of the balloon slopes upon the turrets. The color scheme is definitely interesting. I really like how it all just comes together...it all flows.

how do you access the battery box?

There's a trap, on the rear side, next to the engines part, that allow me to access the battery box.

Oooooh, great use of the balloon sections as cowling to the gun. Colour scheme and a-symmetry are all so shiny!

One year I might play SHIPtember. All you guys with your awesome builds...