Sign in to follow this  
Blondie-Wan

Second 2016 LEGO Ideas Review - Guessing Game

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which project(s) will be approved?

• Voltron - Defender of the Universe
    • The Addams Family Mansion
    • Star Wars UCS XP34 Landspeeder
    • Spaceballs - Eagle 5
    • Plum Creek - Little House on the Prairie
    • Women of NASA
    • The Large Hadron Collider
    • LEGO Observatory - Mountain View
    • Lovelace & Babbage
    • Modular Construction Site
    • Merchant's House
    • Lamborghini Veneno Roadster
    • none

Robert8 usually does this, but has conferred upon me his blessing to post the poll this time, so... here we go! Let's see which projects in the LEGO Ideas review batch that closed earlier this week are the ones we think likeliest to become honest-to-goodness sets. We should find out in five months or so from this posting (give or take a few weeks) which of us were right.

:classic:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I'm thinking there won't be any project approved from this review but Women of NASA and LEGO Observatory might hapen if they can overcome the licensing and size obstacles

The hashtag "doing Robert8s job" :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

I voted none. I think we've seen enough Ideas sets now to know what type of idea gets made. For most of these it is easy to quickly see why Lego wouldn't make them.

I would really like that Little House on the Pairie set though.

I am really really hoping for Voltron, but I am also not going to be surprised if nothing is approved. Since the question is which (do you think) will be approved, my answer is none. The submissions that are small enough have other large obstacles that they are unlikely to get past.

I won't be surprised if nothing gets approved, but voted Voltron as I think it's the most likely.

Runner up is Lovelace & Babbage.

I think it's extremely unlikely nothing will be approved. It has happened once, but that was an abberation, and they clearly were trying to approve something (as evidenced by the longer-than-usual wait we had for those results).

While I don't profess to know which is likeliest, I think there's an excellent chance at least one of the three smallest STEM-based projects (Women of NASA, LHC, Lovelace & Babbage) will make it. STEM / discovery / exploration / research has been a mainstay of CUUSOO / Ideas since the beginning; of the seventeen projects approved to date, five have fallen into that category - that's almost a third. And that's without even counting some of the ones that could be argued to fit as well, like the Exo-Suit and some of the licensed ones. And now here this batch is, with science-related projects making up a third of the whole batch. I'll be very surprised if they don't approve at least one of them - more surprised than I will be if they approve two or even three, in fact.

Hoping for Voltron and Women of NASA. I can't really see any of the other ones making it through and as I mentioned in the other thread, Voltron would be great for the Asian market.

I have high hopes for Voltron. That's because the rights owner had already expressed interest in that project.

I have high hopes for Voltron. That's because the rights owner had already expressed interest in that project.

That's really good news! Then again, the same thing happened with the Daft Punk project a while back, and that one failed to pass review (although I think it had more to do with the project being little more than minifigures).

Although I am not into Voltron myself, it does appear that it appeals to multiple demographics. Also, it is not too big, which always helps. This would be my prediction.

I voted for Voltron too. I think there is a large market for it overseas.

That may hinge on how much the owner wants for and the terms of the license.

I definitely think voltron is a strong contender, glad to hear that the rights holder likes the idea, I also think women of nasa is likely because of the stem focus lego has done in the past. I also voted addams family, which may be naive but considering the addams family influence on lego sets like the haunted house and cmf creepy girl i think it's possible, may be wishful thinking though.

I voted none. If Voltron is going to be made it will be cool but i don't know if there is a big enough fanbase for it.

I voted none. If Voltron is going to be made it will be cool but i don't know if there is a big enough fanbase for it.

There was a big enough fan base for it for the project to reach 10k in just three weeks, when some other projects that have been approved have taken over a year. And LEGO does take into consideration a project's speed in reaching 10k as an indication of the level of interest in and commercial potential of a project, when deciding whether to approve it or not.

It would be funny if their review committee used our voting data to make their decision.  :laugh:

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

It would be funny if their review committee used our voting data to make their decision.  :laugh:

Should have rallied more users to vote for Voltron then