At the moment, this is just an idea - since I have two cars currently half-build, I will finish them before doing this. Expect this sometime in October (knowing me, near the end of it :laugh: ).

This will be about 1:10 scale with 68.8x36ZR tyres. As with all my cars, this won't be a strict scale model - I just want the car to be recognisable, functional and fast. These are my plans:

Power will come from my entire EV3 arsenal - 3 EV3 Large motors and one EV3 Medium motor. These will be connected in a very strange way.

The Large motor and Medium motor (geared down 5:3) are combined with an adder. This output will go into a second differential with one Large motor on each side. Each side will then be geared up (hopefully 1:9) before going to the wheels. I haven't tested this setup - I really hope the diffs are strong enough :sceptic: . I might need to gear up the motors 1:3 before the diff and 1:3 after the diff, but I'd rather avoid this if I can since it would mean more sets of gears. When turning, the Large/Medium combo (representing the ICE) will have to slow down a little bit, as will the Large motor on the inside of the turn.

Steering will not be motorised - my plan is for the front wheels to be able to steer freely (maybe with a rubber band to provide a little self-centering) but have a high castor angle. When the motors on each side of the diff turn at different speeds, the front wheels will steer automatically. Essentially the fastest castorbot ever!

Suspension is still undecided. Depending on the layout of the drivetrain and my chosen width (the math says 26 studs - I have a choice of 25 or 27), the rear suspension may either be independent or an independent trailing-arm type. Whatever I go for, I would like something that replicates the triplex suspension in the real car. Front will be regular independent, with the wheels free to pivot. Making the ride height adjustable would be a bonus.

I'm also hoping to make proper Koenigsegg doors and have some space for a cabin.

I just finished building a Koenigsegg One:1 MOC to date, its been the best MOC I have built. The doors are a work of art. You can find it on rebrickable.com. I look forward to seeing the car. I'm a big fan of Koenigsegg.

I just finished building a Koenigsegg One:1 MOC to date, its been the best MOC I have built. The doors are a work of art. You can find it on rebrickable.com. I look forward to seeing the car. I'm a big fan of Koenigsegg.

Ah - that one. I agree - that's one of the best car MOCs I've seen. Mine probably won't look quite as good...

Sorry for not updating for a while - been busy with other MOCs. Here's the first design of the rear axle and some of the drivetrain:

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

The axle is 27 studs wide, fitting with the scale I chose (slightly bigger than 1:10, scaled to the front wheel size). It is fully independent and is fitted with a Triplex ant-squat bar setup. The main shock absorbers are fixed - it is likely that I will make them adjustable later. Each wheel's camber angle is also adjustable by moving. the top wishbone in and out. From my tests, there is enough resistance provided by the two axles for the camber angle setting to stay when under heavy load.

The Medium motor is there. I've decided to change the drivetrain layout and make the Large motor geared up 3:5 and the Medium motor geared 1:1 (plus the diff's 7:5 down). The 1:9 gearing up after the differential has been installed on one side - the other gears are still in another MOC.

Currently my plan is to have the Large motors for each side of the differential driving those black 8-stud shafts. Part of the support structure for these motors has been installed. This leaves a 9-stud wide gap between the two motors - this will house my EV3 brick. The third Large motor (coupled to the Medium) will be further forward, probably posing as the center console. Looks like there will be plenty of space for a cabin - seems like I underestimated how much extra space I would get from not having a transmission.