Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

TRADE - Amber Cider

Task VI. Amber Cider from Deep Gardens

A little background:

This region of Avalonia was famous of its orchards. Mostly of their apples. The people making cider from many decades. But, the gods wasn't so kind to them. A few long and harsh winters ruined the plants. Making a major set back, of the peoples, who living here.

The remaining fruit trees count as sacred trees, they don't using them for woodworking. This is why, they using evergreen trees. Like the barrels, to containe the cider.

When Conrad arrived, he learned about this forgotten trade. Reopened the cellars, where they found many years old barrels, full of the forgotten brew. The evergreen barrels gave a new taste for the brew, the tree's resin dissolved in the brew. A new taste and colour inspired him, invested some gold in, so this trade would go on again.

29233149830_be7a0f76ef_n.jpgThe brewery's new logo

29442815471_ba1fc0e4ea_n.jpg29523095765_24c39285f7_n.jpg29523095345_a733462efe_n.jpg

29413895012_00d02f0651_n.jpg29523095575_08fa2ecff8_n.jpg29442815621_2f51d31534_n.jpg

29233149170_a24d545d75_n.jpg

29442815571_ca0bf50f1f_n.jpgThey using this machine, tho crush the apples, to collect the juice of the fruit.

To get more customer, new traderouts were made:

29233150820_8455bdac7e_n.jpgFrom Mitgardia...29233150910_fa2fa8f35e_n.jpg...to Kaliphin.

Edited by kahir88

This build has a lot of great details! The apple press is probably my favorite, but the sign and stained glass window also look great.

My main critique is probably something you cannot do that much about, and that is that you have too many studs showing; I would prefer that the roof have tiles on it, and the grass have some sort of texture with built-up plates and tiles, and maybe a path in brown. For the last two pictures, have plates of blue or trans-blue for the water, and some curved pieces for the sand. It gives a more finished look to a build. It also requires a heck of a lot more pieces, which is why I always have had a hard time doing it myself.

Don't let that discourage you, however! Keep building with what you have. I see some nice SNOT-work there with the barrel rack inside, and the roof construction looks good, too, so you are clearly no slouch with the bricks. Keep up the good work!

(I am slightly mystified that a band of brigands can actually perform a trade, rather than merely drinking the recently discovered barrels dry, however...)

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Great build! Tough I agree with Henkie on the fact you're probably showing too much studs, especially on the roof. Try adding some tiles, grills,...

That aside: I'm absolutely in love with everything I see on the first image!

Edit: typo

Edited by TitusV

Thank you the reply!

Don't worry about me, won't discourage me. If the critique is constructive, every one can benefit! My MoC's will be better, and you can enjoy them more.

Just started building again, after skipping some years, and I have really old pieces (maybe from the end of the 90) and didint have many curved pieces, yet! The other set back: I had to work in the last two weekends, and wasn't able, to buy newer pieces from the market.

But, I will try do my best, in my future MoCs.

(I am slightly mystified that a band of brigands can actually perform a trade, rather than merely drinking the recently discovered barrels dry, however...)

The key is: Strong leadership! :D

Edited by kahir88

The fruit press is a nice build and I also like your efforts on making a the huge round barrel with substance! The stained glass and brewery logo are some good details as well. :thumbup:

I agree, some tiles or wedge plates to break the all-stud pattern would be nice, but you did well with the pieces you have. Looking forward to your builds in the future! :wink:

You've done a solid job with what pieces you have. echoing what others have said, I would invest into some tiles for roofing parts in future builds. I like the window on the top of the barn like structure btw.

That sign design is so perfect :wub: Neat barn roof shape as well, though a slight pitch at the top rather than perfectly flat might look even better.

Keep building, I think you have loads of potential, and want to see more stuff from ya :classic:

Great build, kahir, I particularly like that sign design :thumbup: The interior details and apple press are also quite nice.

I love that you made a few builds showing them delivering it to different guilds too! :classic: