Hello ,

as I promised: a new animal.

It´s a new version of a blue and gold macaw. This time it´s a life-size model of a macaw. It is about 78 cm tall. An adult blue and gold macaw can be even bigger, but it was difficult enough to make this thing stable (just with bricks).

14732384601_DISPLAY.jpg

14732384612_DISPLAY.jpg

14732385532_DISPLAY.jpg

14732386343_DISPLAY.jpg

14732385521_DISPLAY.jpg

Really great! I like the use of the tail on the small branch to help stabilize everything, and the work on the face striping and all the SNOT there is excellent. Bravo! :sweet:

Very well done!

Thank you!

Wow! Just amazing!

Thank you very much!

Love It!!!

Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thank you very much!

Nice work. I like the use of LEGO cordage to make the face details. Outstanding!

Thank you! It wasn´t easy to manage all strings at the same time! :classic:

Really great! I like the use of the tail on the small branch to help stabilize everything, and the work on the face striping and all the SNOT there is excellent. Bravo! :sweet:

Thank you! Needless to say, that it took some time until it became stable enough! :classic:

Very great work once again. His face is also great with the small black stripes in it.

Thank you very much! A macaw has a difficult size for Lego. (eyes, face-feathers etc.)

Brilliant as usual.

One question I have is, you don't seem to go in for smoothing the edges of shapes with parts like cheese slopes or curves.

Is this a style choice? Does it not work visually to do that with a build of this scale?

I have never attempted something so large so I am curious about the building techniques involved.

Brilliant as usual.

One question I have is, you don't seem to go in for smoothing the edges of shapes with parts like cheese slopes or curves.

Is this a style choice? Does it not work visually to do that with a build of this scale?

I have never attempted something so large so I am curious about the building techniques involved.

Thank you Paddy!

Well, in my oppinion, if you use graded/ staged/ stepped bricks (I am not a native speaker :blush: ) for bigger surfaces and shapes, it´s a more homogene impression than slopes or curved bricks. The simple brick seems more angular, but the overall impression is smooter for big Mocs. And you have more capability to form the shape. The slopes are more limited.

But that applies to big elements. For details, I prefer special bricks like slopes and curves.

Thank you Paddy!

Well, in my oppinion, if you use graded/ staged/ stepped bricks (I am not a native speaker :blush: ) for bigger surfaces and shapes, it´s a more homogene impression than slopes or curved bricks. The simple brick seems more angular, but the overall impression is smooter for big Mocs. And you have more capability to form the shape. The slopes are more limited.

But that applies to big elements. For details, I prefer special bricks like slopes and curves.

Very interesting. That makes sense. Thanks for the details :sweet: