[MOC] Trophy Truck "Police Interceptor"

Good Day !

While I am still waiting for my extension wires and test pipes(for my RC motor powered centrifuge), I decided to build a trophy truck.

I know there are a lot of racing version out there and I thought I could come up with something new. a cop version.

It shares almost the same chassis with my previous desert patrol buggy(http://www.eurobrick...=139391&hl=) and it's powered by 2 L motors as well.

In addition, there's a blower(twin screw type) attached to the V6.

Update:

It's raining again :cry_sad: I guess I have to wait for another couple of days to make a video...sorry.

img_1418.jpg

img_1389.jpg

img_1388.jpgimg_1400.jpgimg_1396.jpg

Edited by 1711902090

It looks very cool, i think it has a good height, not too low so it can get through some rough terrain and not so tall so it is stable, the engine looks amazing too, the whole truck looks like some kind of Mad Max vehicle, with that fast and robust looking and those lights and that body, i really like it, nice work.

That is super cool! The blower is fantastic, and the tires are perfect. Great job! :sweet:

I also really like the proportions.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

I'm impressed by its looks, this really is amazing!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Excellent how you installed the battery box! :thumbup: The only drawback might be that the COG might be not close enough to the surface... What do you think?

Love its V6 engine with the twin screw type blower, excellent touch!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub: Does it improve performance? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It looks very cool, i think it has a good height, not too low so it can get through some rough terrain and not so tall so it is stable, the engine looks amazing too, the whole truck looks like some kind of Mad Max vehicle, with that fast and robust looking and those lights and that body, i really like it, nice work.

Thanks, specially after putting the batteries in, the rear is slightly lower than the front :sweet:

That looks pretty good. How well does it perform?

Thank you, I only tested on my carpet floor, it drives fine. we had a heavy rain yesterday and it is still wet outside. I will make an outdoor test drive tomorrow or so.

That is super cool! The blower is fantastic, and the tires are perfect. Great job! :sweet:

I also really like the proportions.

Thank you ! The rear splash shield should look better with soft axils, but I only got 2..

I'm impressed by its looks, this really is amazing!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Excellent how you installed the battery box! :thumbup: The only drawback might be that the COG might be not close enough to the surface... What do you think?

Love its V6 engine with the twin screw type blower, excellent touch!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub: Does it improve performance? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's a really good point ! :thumbup: Luckily due to the design of suspension, It barely rolls left or right. Also I have a relatively wide frame, these should neutralize the high COG problem (honestly I didn't put COG into consideration until you mentioned it :grin: ) Edited by 1711902090

...(honestly I didn't put COG into consideration until you mentioned it :grin: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbup::tongue: Well even though you "missed" it, you did a good job taking care of it anyways... Just a thought, would it be possible to lower the battery box just a couple of studs?

Okay, this is just minor...I do like to state one more time that I really love this build...!!! Excellent :wub: :wub: :wub:

It looks awesome!

Instantly remembered this video which features a police trophy truck ( starts at 07:55 at starts racing at 08:15)

Edited by LXF

Cooler than a very, very cool thing on a very cold day :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

would it be possible to lower the battery box just a couple of studs?

:thumbup: Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I would definitely try to drop couple of studs tomorrow and possibly post a video :excited:

It looks awesome!

Instantly remembered this video which features a police trophy truck ( starts at 07:55 at starts racing at 08:15)

Thanks ! Your video inspired me to switch the colour of the door panel to white :sweet:

truck looks very nice.

do you have tumbler tires :sweet: ? would they be too small or out of scale?

You have a remarkable build character in your cars yet.

It looks good, I like the cartoonish proportions, and a big like for the compressor imitation! Original idea. :thumbup:

Still, I wouldn't use superlatives - known Madoca's Trophy Truck, but this does not meant to degrade Your MOC. It just gives more Inspiration. :wink:

What I don't see, if the bodywork has structural elements cross-wise. As far I can judge from the pictures, now the pins can pop-out, and the truck could fall apart. This is something I am also still learning. Waiting for the test ride!

p.s.: by the way, it is a buggy in the mentioned video. :tongue:

Cooler than a very, very cool thing on a very cold day :thumbup:

Thank you for the coolest comment! :wink:

truck looks very nice.

do you have tumbler tires :sweet: ? would they be too small or out of scale?

Thanks, which tire are you referring to? the front or the rear ones? I don't have any of them :laugh: .

I don't know how well it performs, but it's looks awesome. Adding supercharger with belts - one of cooler detail for me)

I will post a video after it stops raining...

Extreme cool and good looking trophy truck. :wub:

Thanks !

You have a remarkable build character in your cars yet.

It looks good, I like the cartoonish proportions, and a big like for the compressor imitation! Original idea. :thumbup:

Still, I wouldn't use superlatives - known Madoca's Trophy Truck, but this does not meant to degrade Your MOC. It just gives more Inspiration. :wink:

What I don't see, if the bodywork has structural elements cross-wise. As far I can judge from the pictures, now the pins can pop-out, and the truck could fall apart. This is something I am also still learning. Waiting for the test ride!

p.s.: by the way, it is a buggy in the mentioned video. :tongue:

Thanks for pointing that out. The truck doesn't have any lift arm mounted crosswise.The weakest part of this truck is the rear section of bed rack. Good to know something new to learn !Thank you! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbup::tongue: Well even though you "missed" it, you did a good job taking care of it anyways... Just a thought, would it be possible to lower the battery box just a couple of studs?

Okay, this is just minor...I do like to state one more time that I really love this build...!!! Excellent :wub: :wub: :wub:

The battery is mounted 3 studs above the motors and it is sitting on top of a bent lift arm . Even if I lower it 1or 2 studs, I still have to rebuild the door panels and the trunk. Anyway, I will pay attention in my future projects :sweet: :sweet:

img_1419.jpg

... I will pay attention in my future projects :sweet: :sweet:

You are right to leave it as it is in this build...like I wrote I love it very much! :classic: Looking forward to its video, love to see this in action! :thumbup:

It was a good decision to add white parts. :thumbup:

I like the video and your shoes too :tongue:, the car performs well.

It was a good decision to add white parts. :thumbup:

I like the video and your shoes too :tongue:, the car performs well.

Very cool video indeed! It performs excellent...and I didn't pay enough attention, it is "only" 2WD...so cool! :thumbup:

Indeed lovely shoes... :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks guys ! and by the way, the shoes belong to my girlfriend, I will pass your commendations to her :laugh: .