Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Chronos

Makuta, Emperor of Elements

29453904666_8a2f75edcb_z.jpg

My entry in the Makuta contest. The main idea for this creation is that somehow Makuta has captured the Toa's masks and is using his dark magic to wield all their power at once. Each arm has a gear in the back that can spin the masks while the hands stay still, as if they were orbiting around the hand like elemental fireballs which you can see here: https://www.flickr.c...tetaken-public/

29379570532_6e2a731fd6_z.jpg

For the build I wanted to go for a more wizardly, regal, and more royal look than Makuta is traditionally known for while still keeping familiar elements. I'm particularly proud of how the chest and head turned out.

29453898916_74aa69c1db_z.jpg

29379563712_311d5700f8_z.jpg

29379560352_5c9fe55177_z.jpg

This guy was built together VERY last minute. I had made a parts order weeks before, but since I didn't expect them to come in before the contest was over I hadn't had much built when they showed up a few days ago. Really I could have never finished him without the emotional support and help of my family. Shoutout to them for offering their time even if my poor time-management caused the problem.

Rebrick entry link for those interested: http://www.lego.com/...sortEntry=false

Thanks for your time and good luck to everyone participating in the competition!

Really cool take on Makuta! :wub: Those massive arms with the elemental orbs circling around them (nice integrated function!) has to be my favorite part. The shoulders, chest and mask are great as well, awesome work! :thumbup:

Good grief that's cool. The lower legs are a bit janky, but everything else is wonderful. I love the functionality of the lower arms, and the elemental pieces surrounding the masks.