mortesv

[MOC] UCS CR-90 Corellian Corvette – Blockade Runner (Tantive IV)

Really wonderful model ! I'd love to try and reverse engineer it someday. Your whole fleet is amazing :wub:

I posted some of your pictures to my blog, but forgot to ask for permission! I hope that's ok. It's not a popular blog or anything, and I've linked back to your profile :) http://gudetamago.tumblr.com/post/164755601565/cr-90-by-mortesv 

Let me know if you're not happy about it !

On 25/04/2017 at 4:04 AM, Sean Whetstone said:

Really love your work Mortesv, I have an incomplete LDD file of your Corvette but having not designed it I don't know exactly how all of it was made If you want to look at it or fix it I have a link here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8JqJt7VsvQfNWY1aWhvX3NHY00 and I included My Y-wing design that I think is more scaled and closer to the model. Please provide any feedback if you have any and thanks for all the great photos.

When you say incomplete, what do you mean ? I would love to build that, and it seems like it's built all the way through, not just a shell or anything ? Have you tried building your file in real bricks?

It is time to revive this thread...

I am aware that an LDD for a remake of this MOC is out there, but I am here to announce that an instruction manual has been started for the official Mortesv version!  A lot of excitement for this model, and hopefully can get the manual done for the community by November 1

2 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

I am aware that an LDD for a remake of this MOC is out there, but I am here to announce that an instruction manual has been started for the official Mortesv version!  A lot of excitement for this model, and hopefully can get the manual done for the community by November 1

Can't wait @Cjd223!! :thumbup:

OoooOOOOoohhhh! Been waiting for an "official" version for a while. It's been great to see the creativity involved in the remakes, but I'm definitely keen to see what you guys come up with. :wink: Bring it on! :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

Will definetly purchase these first thing. Exited to see mortesv’s building techniques! :thumbup:

That's great news. I am waiting for the instrutions because I am kind of talent free concerning building straight out of ldd.

Great to hear! It will be interesting to see how close Ekae got on his original reverse engineering. Will there be any updates on the original model? Mortesv had hinted once that he had a better idea for the fuselage fins than the 2x2 flag pieces. 

On 10/8/2017 at 1:02 AM, Cjd223 said:

It has passed the 1st of November? where is it???

Edited by Legofan29
EDIT: LOL, soz. thought it was 17 of November instead of October. I am so stupid

Wow! Super nice. Can I purchase building instructions? I know, I purchased your Neb-B plans and have it cued up, but this one might come first :-)!

Wow! Super nice. Can I purchase building instructions? I know, I purchased your Neb-B plans and have it cued up, but this one might come first :-)!

This is awesome! Can't wait for the instructions. Like your Nebulon B instructions (preparing to build it right now)

This MOC looks amazing!  I currently have the official UCS CR-90 unbuilt.  I only need one of them.  Should I sell that one and build this one (if I want the best)?  Are they both worth keeping???

I've got both Lego versions and have built the Mortesv designed one. The Mort MOC is far superior to both. The old 10019 is quite fragile and the engines fall off/miss-align at the blink of an eye. The newer Tantive IV just does not look right to me but is at least swooshable, something the 10019 is not. Mort's MOC is swooshable with the Ekea modified backbone that ties the engine block to the fuselage. By far, the Mort MOC is the best looking. I'd sell the Lego version to finance the MOC.

19 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

I've got both Lego versions and have built the Mortesv designed one. The Mort MOC is far superior to both. The old 10019 is quite fragile and the engines fall off/miss-align at the blink of an eye. The newer Tantive IV just does not look right to me but is at least swooshable, something the 10019 is not. Mort's MOC is swooshable with the Ekea modified backbone that ties the engine block to the fuselage. By far, the Mort MOC is the best looking. I'd sell the Lego version to finance the MOC.

Great to hear ---- selling the 10019 will probably finance Mortesv's CR-90 and part of another one!!!

Very excited about this MOC too (to go with the Mortesv Nebulon-B etc). And I used to think I had missed out by not obtaining the official Lego UCS version. Didn't even know about the 10198 Tantive IV set, probably cause it's part of the UCS line.

Here's some links to compare the official Lego sets. The MOC is definitely the largest and most detailed - about 2800 pieces vs 1747 or 1408!

https://brickset.com/sets/10198-1/Tantive-IV

https://brickset.com/sets/10019-1/Rebel-Blockade-Runner

I think it'll take me a while to acquire the parts for the Nebulon B, but the CR-90 and GR-75 Troop Transport will be easier due to being less parts and more affordable. That being said, I think it'll be wise to compare parts lists and order parts that are needed in multiple sets all at once!

Szimson, yes it is legit. The seller Alyse_dv is CJD223. Not sure why he uses a different name on EBay. See page 19 of the Nebulon-B build forum: 

I will also add that I purchased the plans from him on eBay, and it was very quick, he sent a link for me to download the files - the LDD files and a PDF manual.