Sign in to follow this  
dundarach

Still building - puffing billy

Not posted for a while, however I'm still building.

The Lego room has gone to become a bedroom, however my son is now 4 and building with me.

A few of my latest mocs using the old 4.5v bricks. The 0-4-0 (not puffing billy) uses a power functions receiver to control it via RC.

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Edited by dundarach

Looking very nice, I love the puffing billy! However, just so you know, you might want to resize your pictures.... The site guidelines say around 800 x 600 is normally good. Not trying to mini-mod, just trying to help. :classic:

Nice. Looks good on blue rails too.

800x600 is preferred, given there are folks with slow Internet connections or data plan caps.

That's looking nice. The mechanism is a great idea and worsk really well.

Did you try larger technic levers as well? And now I wonder if you could connect to the top wheel completely.

Thanks for the feedback, its nice to have my 4 year olds track connected to the old blue 4.5v.

I've 3d printed an adapter and will shortly be able to run both old and new locos on both types of track and some blue 12v and 9v too for fun.

I'm going to keep working on getting the levers to operate the wheels that would be great, however the 4.5v motor doesn't have a massive amount of torque so the mechanism needs to be really free moving, otherwise the motor stalls.