Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

[MOC] Hagrid's Hut

“Don’ you worry, Harry. You’ll learn fast enough. Everyone starts at the beginning at Hogwarts, you’ll be just fine. Just be yerself. I know it’s hard. Yeh’ve been singled out, an’ that’s always hard. But yeh’ll have a great time at Hogwarts — I did — still do, ’smatter of fact.” -Hagrid

This was requested by my lovely girlfriend, who's a huge Harry Potter fan, so here's Hagrid's hut from the first and second HP films. A fun build to try new wall techniques for me, and the roof was a pain in the bum.

Also RIP Millennium Falcon, your sacrifice is much appreciated...

29305967601_28b6fafc17_z.jpg

29385146005_be1af32f7c_z.jpg

Interior:

28763761143_8a4c98c4e8_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dear Legofin,

What a brilliant quaint MOC. This brought me back.

Many thanks,

Hip

This is brilliant you should put it on Lego ideas... I reckon you could have a winner .

A really nice MOC and something that really gets across the ramshackle nature of Hagrid's Hut.

I'm not of the opinion that this needs to be submitted to Lego Ideas though. It's a similar scale to the officially released set and the stonework is perfect for a MOC but adds complexity that a regular Lego set wouldn't.

It's perfect as it is... and I agree with the comment above that looking at it from the front you'd have no idea it was open backed but the opened area has so much lovely detail including the wooden roof joists.

It's just lovely to look at with so many nice details all over the build.

This is brilliant you should put it on Lego ideas... I reckon you could have a winner .

Thank you, and as much as I'd love to see anything I've built become an official set, from what I understand lego ideas is more for new and original ideas, whereas like Robianco said lego has made 3 variations of Hagrid's Hut already, but thanks anyway :)

And thanks again Jared! ;)

And thank you very much also Robianco, the roof joists were a last minute addition, originally the roof was empty!

Edited by Legofin2012