Inthert

T-70 X-wing [MOC]

Although this has been up on Flickr for a good while now, I thought I might as well share it here too :)

This is my version of Poe's T-70 from The Force Awakens (but of course you already knew that :P) The model features the all important S-foils, opening cockpit, functional landing gear and a working droid lift for BB-8

27912009566_73bbaaf396_z.jpgPoe’s T-70 X wing (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

27333037453_6a886c76b1_z.jpgPoe’s T-70 X wing (8) by Inthert, on Flickr

27844493682_fae4661a5a_z.jpgPoe’s T-70 X wing (9) by Inthert, on Flickr

Instructions, more information and pictures are available on my Flickr page and even more pictures are now up on Brickshelf.

Following a conversation on Flickr, I now appreciate that the forward fuselage isn't quite right for a T-70, this is something I'm planning on modifying when I get the time. Any other suggestions or comments are very welcome!

Edited by Inthert

Brilliant! I'd have to check back on the earlier georgeous mocs done on this fighter because I always feel you guys can get it even further :D It really looks great!!

Attached is an LDD of Inthert's excellent model. This first caught my eye a few months back over on Flickr. I wanted to make a grey one ever since.

There have been several deviations to account for the color change and brick availability. Here are some notes when working with the file:

1) Replace orange parts with 60483.

2) Red mudguards don't exist in light bluish grey. Best alternate substitute is the flat silver ones that actually come in TLG T-70 kit (75149).

3) Red rear landing gear struts need to be replaced with grey ones (18649). For some reason BL doesn't like this part and it will need to be deleted prior to uploading and added afterwards.

4) The two yellow 18674's will need to be removed prior to uploading to Bricklink and then replaced with dark grey ones.

5) Nose cheese slices are held in place with minifig hands (reference Inthert's T-65 build for pics).

6) Once the ends are removed from the "Hose, Flexible 8.5L, Tube 7L" on the engine inlets the hands can be used to secure them.

7) Install the "droid lift" per Inthert's tear-down pics.

8) I'm going to replace the curved slopes that make up the engine inlets with flat sliver ones.

9) I'm also going to play with some blue rigid hose for the inlets to see how that turns out.

I have all my parts on order through Bricklink and hope to have a physical representation soon!

T-70 complete.lxf

I don't think i comented on your flickr posts but wow man, this is flawless !!! All the angles,shapes,features (hell BB-8 gets into it just like in the movie) are beyond perfect !! I can't wait to build it myself after i'm done with the falcon.

Fantastic job !! :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the engine exhaust bits particularly. Nice combination of parts.

Thank you!

Brilliant! I'd have to check back on the earlier gorgeous mocs done on this fighter because I always feel you guys can get it even further :D It really looks great!!

Thank you! :D You should, there are some truly impressive T-70's out there already ;)

Awesome. Love the BB-8 exit :D

Thanks :) It's a feature I haven't seen done before so I really wanted to see if it was possible.

Attached is an LDD of Inthert's excellent model. This first caught my eye a few months back over on Flickr. I wanted to make a grey one ever since.

There have been several deviations to account for the color change and brick availability. Here are some notes when working with the file:

1) Replace orange parts with 60483.

2) Red mudguards don't exist in light bluish grey. Best alternate substitute is the flat silver ones that actually come in TLG T-70 kit (75149).

3) Red rear landing gear struts need to be replaced with grey ones (18649). For some reason BL doesn't like this part and it will need to be deleted prior to uploading and added afterwards.

4) The two yellow 18674's will need to be removed prior to uploading to Bricklink and then replaced with dark grey ones.

5) Nose cheese slices are held in place with minifig hands (reference Inthert's T-65 build for pics).

6) Once the ends are removed from the "Hose, Flexible 8.5L, Tube 7L" on the engine inlets the hands can be used to secure them.

7) Install the "droid lift" per Inthert's tear-down pics.

8) I'm going to replace the curved slopes that make up the engine inlets with flat sliver ones.

9) I'm also going to play with some blue rigid hose for the inlets to see how that turns out.

I have all my parts on order through Bricklink and hope to have a physical representation soon!

Thanks for sharing the file and your very informative notes, I really appreciate the amount of effort you've put into it (and the T-65 for that matter) :D

I don't think i comented on your flickr posts but wow man, this is flawless !!! All the angles,shapes,features (hell BB-8 gets into it just like in the movie) are beyond perfect !! I can't wait to build it myself after i'm done with the falcon.

Fantastic job !! :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you! I'd love to see a picture if you do end up making it :D

Hey guys, been away for a while but wanted to post some pictures of my completed Inthert's T-70 in gray.  I've had this complete for a few months but haven't had a chance to get some decent photos until now.  Here is a sample.  More to come.  Enjoy.

32017917955_f922b55dfd_c.jpgLego_T-70_X-Wing by Brian Bills, on Flickr

Nice work! I also have built it in in gray! Although I must admit that I made some small changes. I removed the lift-function and rebuilt the inner structure for sturdier purposes. 

And I also applied stickers just for the fun of it ;) And yes the wings have more rounded slopes for the sticker to fit.

Side note: It was very hard to find the right "tube" for the flat silver slopes to fit! (Thats why I didn't include the other engine in the pic) And also, it is a great design! Just that the instructions in LDD are so very clumsy so it makes the build a bit frustrating. Although the final product is superb!

IMG_1240 kopia.jpg

3 hours ago, Thomty said:

Nice work! I also have built it in in gray! Although I must admit that I made some small changes. I removed the lift-function and rebuilt the inner structure for sturdier purposes. 

And I also applied stickers just for the fun of it ;) And yes the wings have more rounded slopes for the sticker to fit.

Side note: It was very hard to find the right "tube" for the flat silver slopes to fit! (Thats why I didn't include the other engine in the pic) And also, it is a great design! Just that the instructions in LDD are so very clumsy so it makes the build a bit frustrating. Although the final product is superb!

Nice representation!  I was actually quite impressed with how sturdy the frame was with the included droid lift.  In fact when I was taking pictures yesterday my son-in-law who is only 1.5 got ahold of it and dropped it on the floor.  About the only portion of the model that survived was the rear section of the fuselage.

I tried several combinations to connect the slopes of the engine inlets and found the rigid tubing to be the best.  It also doubles as a decal as I did it in blue ;-)

3 hours ago, Cyh Naan said:

These Xwings have a fantastic appearance, I love the droid exit too ! Thanks for the the LXF.

No problem.  Thank Inthert for the original design.  I simply adapted it for gray (which actually required a surprising amount of deviations due to part availability in the colors I wanted to use).

15 hours ago, blbills said:

Hey guys, been away for a while but wanted to post some pictures of my completed Inthert's T-70 in gray.  I've had this complete for a few months but haven't had a chance to get some decent photos until now.  Here is a sample.  More to come.  Enjoy.

blbills, Love the use of blue flex tubing doubling as part of the colour scheme looks great!

8 hours ago, Thomty said:

Side note: It was very hard to find the right "tube" for the flat silver slopes to fit! (Thats why I didn't include the other engine in the pic) And also, it is a great design! Just that the instructions in LDD are so very clumsy so it makes the build a bit frustrating. Although the final product is superb!W

Thomty, you could have used my instructions over on Flickr to fill in the gaps as it were, but it seems you managed perfectly well without them, it looks fab!

blbills, Thomty, Wow! A very welcome surprise to see that not one but two grey versions are flying around somewhere! I have to say they look so much better in that colour scheme (I've always held a greater interest for the non-main character pilots in films anyway) Just wanted to say thanks for making them and I hope you enjoy! All we need now is FTG Prime to make one (he showed an interest above) then we'll have ourselves a squadron :D

P.S. hope the wing mechanism isn't too flimsy, after taking photos for the instructions mine never quite worked the same :/

7 hours ago, Cyh Naan said:

These Xwings have a fantastic appearance, I love the droid exit too ! Thanks for the the LXF.

Thanks for the interest in the model. As blbills said you have him to thank for the LXF

On 8/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, blbills said:

Here is the .lxf.  Please let me know if this link works.  And be sure to follow the instructions listed above when dropping it into bricklink.  Enjoy!

T-70 complete.lxf

Did you ever make an LXF for the poe version?

Thanks so much for the resistance model!

The File is busted for me, it says a ton of pieces are missing and that they were removed from the model, could you help me?

On 7/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, plurp said:

The File is busted for me, it says a ton of pieces are missing and that they were removed from the model, could you help me?

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the file.  I too just tried to upload it to bricklink with no luck. Unfortunately my mac has updated it's OS and Lego Designer is no longer compatible...serious bummer.  

Is anyone else able to review this file to understand what part(s) are causing the upload problem?

Hey guys,  downloaded Studio from Bricklink and was able to import the model there, make a few adjustments, and successfully upload it to Bricklink.  I think I also took care of all the manual "adjustment" steps in my above instructions so it should be a clean drag and drop.

Enjoy

Studio T-70

(I just put this file in my dropbox if there is a more convenient way to post the file please let me know... it's been a while)

Edited by blbills
dropbox note

What are all the extra parts for? I can't access Flickr so I can't see the teardown pics. I managed to put in the droid lift and out on the wings in the LDD file.