Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRoger

A 'Lego Pirates' Movie

Avast me mateys!

Captain Roger here, I just wanted to let you know I got myself an idea. I'm going to make a stop motion movie with classic lego pirates (1989 - 1997).

At the moment I'm seeking an official approval from the Lego Company and after that I'm going to make a kikstarter page for the project.

Help our community grow! Follow, share and like: https://www.facebook...07191193029468/

All the best! :jollyroger: :jollyroger: :jollyroger:

If you think you can help, or want to get involved, you can contact me at: makethatpiratelegomovie@yahoo.com or on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/roger.captain.75

Edited by CaptainRoger

I'm not working alone in this project, we are a team. I personally coordinate the project (my background is in engineering), I do have experience in making independent low budget movies, having done a couple in the past. None of us have made movies with Lego in particular, but as I said we are a team and one of us is a professional cameraman who has knowledge in stop motion and claymation.

Great point! Thank you for asking pirate_classic.gif

Edited by CaptainRoger

That depends on how things will work out.

My intention is to make a DVD, but it will depend on the reply from the Lego Company and the funds raised. Either way I'll do my best to make this possible.

May I make a recommendation for a soundtrack? If it is at all possible to get Lego's consent or perhaps allot the appropriate credits, I feel adding the songs Kalhiki swiped from the old Lego Universe game would be a great addition!

Here they are:

I recommend "Pirate Camp" and ""Cavalry Hill" from these.

Aww I totally forgot about that soundtrack! The game had problems sure, but the music always brought a smile to my face.

I'm not that much into video games and I did not know about that soundtrack. I have listened to it and I liked in particular "Cavalry Hill". It's an interesting idea and I would like to use it. I will try and see if they will allow me to use it. Thanks for the interest!

^^I know. I never played, but the whole memory of it brings me back to the good ole days. :wub: Brian Tyler did a fantastic job on that.

...aaaaand since those tracks aren't under copyright laws because they remained unpublished (Kalhiki garnished them direct from the game via a mic) they ended up on my iPod. pirate_devg1.gif

^Glad to be of service. I'm not a great stop-motioner. Have you had more success than I? Are ye on YouTUBE, me hearty?

No matey I'm not an youtuber, and I don't intend to be one, as I stated I want to make this one a DVD release as I will invest a lot of work into it. But if things won't work out as I planned, it will end up on youtube. Also I do have some experienced folks in my crew, me being in charge of this nice project. That doesn't mean that I am not open to any tips and advices.