Jayoheazy

[MOC] Modern Batcave 2016

Finally got around to finishing my Batcave. Started back in April and through numerous iterations found a design that I liked. Estimated 3,500-4,000 pieces. Enjoy!

B6CB4D26-3850-4BFB-82E0-994FAE083624_zpsgeugzkcf.jpg

8FD13630-9101-4FA5-A509-FB38AF5CCA81_zpsoiin3mvd.jpg

F9BA2350-2F9B-4A40-B334-97E1A890BAF4_zpsjold8dev.jpg

B7996406-B1AC-4BF5-9ACF-BF4B41079B13_zpsqyigmigg.jpg

CC2C61A8-BC1F-46C2-A82B-1F78460D9B5C_zpsvz35akqh.jpg

3670DE7B-37D9-47BF-87E2-402A83B403CE_zpskrla4ycn.jpg

941965D8-9B1C-4E74-87D3-EA66AC3A7C1F_zpsolmpevfi.jpg

EE6C0B8A-ECEE-4E1E-AAE0-AE4C8BE42947_zps81ez9e4z.jpg

C37AEC24-9B59-432B-B9C3-29D18CE87015_zps8iqx2lmd.jpg

1BE1FA51-0293-4228-9AEE-589F66B2EE17_zpspc4cvfyz.jpg

C7CE7637-130A-4690-A901-090B72D76930_zpsgalemaox.jpg

Dang, that's a well made diorama. Only thing you're missing are the giant card / penny / T-Rex!

...well, and those guns mounted next the batarangs. Maybe try swapping them out for the other kind of batarang, or the other kind of grapple gun or something? Possibly not an issue for you, I'm just a purist on the "Batman doesn't use guns" front...

You include the crowbar with Jason's uniform?

And he keeps Harley in a cage?

It's a great cave, but the little touches are ... interesting.

Dang, that's a well made diorama. Only thing you're missing are the giant card / penny / T-Rex!

...well, and those guns mounted next the batarangs. Maybe try swapping them out for the other kind of batarang, or the other kind of grapple gun or something? Possibly not an issue for you, I'm just a purist on the "Batman doesn't use guns" front...

Thanks! I'm looking at a T Rex and penny online but not sure where to put them:)

Also, the "guns" are meant to be tools used in past movies. The bazooka looking thing is the putty-explosive launcher used in The Dark Knight, the grapple guns near the batarangs are meant to mimic the one from Batman Begins. All are non-lethal in my mind but I suppose in an alternate universe they can be pretty deadly...

Thanks guys! Hope to add a few small things here and there but satisfied for now :)

You include the crowbar with Jason's uniform?

And he keeps Harley in a cage?

It's a great cave, but the little touches are ... interesting.

I'm definitely a fan of the darker batman. I think if Bruce Wayne could have the gun that killed his parents he would keep it somewhere to draw inspiration. Dark Knight Returns is one of my favs

Wow, that makes for a fantastic display! I love the way you did the workout area, and the texturing of the rock walls. The various "trophies" are well displayed in my opinion, nothing too over the top. A big congratulations to you!

This is very well done. I've always liked the sleeker Batcaves where architecture is visible over the more rugged Batcaves with chains holding everything together. You've interpreted this almost perfectly. Nice job!

I really like your take on the Batcave. The design is simple and practical which I think fits Batman's lair very well.. I especially like the little details like Harley in the cell or the trophy shelf (did he behead the Scarecrow though? :P) and most of all the Robin Costume and crowbar as a nice nod the "A Death in the Family" comic.

I just feel that the rock-work could use a bit more work. The overhangs could be a bit more connected and a bit less jagged. But that's only a detail. The rest of the Batcave is really cool. :)

Keep building great stuff! ;)

I really like your take on the Batcave. The design is simple and practical which I think fits Batman's lair very well.. I especially like the little details like Harley in the cell or the trophy shelf (did he behead the Scarecrow though? :P) and most of all the Robin Costume and crowbar as a nice nod the "A Death in the Family" comic.

I just feel that the rock-work could use a bit more work. The overhangs could be a bit more connected and a bit less jagged. But that's only a detail. The rest of the Batcave is really cool. :)

Keep building great stuff! ;)

Thank you for the compliments and feedback! The rock work is definitely something I'm still trying to learn. I came out of my dark age in December and tried my hand at doing Mocs shortly after. Hoping to improve my building techniques as I go along

Oh yes, Scarecrow was not murdered lol. It's supposed to be his mask but I recently purchased some other villains so I may swap/add to later

Edited by Jayoheazy

I'm definitely a fan of the darker batman. I think if Bruce Wayne could have the gun that killed his parents he would keep it somewhere to draw inspiration. Dark Knight Returns is one of my favs

For a period in the 80s, he did.

year206.jpg

And then he teamed up with Joe Chill? Not surprisingly, this all got erased from continuity not that long after because it sounds absolutely bonkers (seriously, read that article, because what the heck). But if you want to include Joe Chill's gun, there is continuity SOMEWHERE where that's a thing. Not my Batman, but go for it!

I don't mind the guns too much. I think there was a small period of time, back in the earliest Detective Comics days in which Batman did utilise guns?

But back on topic, I freaking love this cave. It's different for sure, but that's only a good thing.