Jared

[MOC] LEGO® Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Escape from Gringot

I figured today (or rather yesterday) was a good day to post this since it is (was) September the first, or as J.k. Rowling calls(ed) it, "Return to Hogwarts" day!

29103521170_87b5df45db_z.jpg

Wow, Harry Potter has really made a huge re-resurgence in the last few months. Then again, with that new movie and the books coming out, I figure why not join the hype. Anyway, I showed a sneak preview earlier this year, and this is the finished product. I'm pretty happy with it. Probably may change a few things here and there.

The scene depicts the trio of young wizards escaping the Wizarding bank Gringotts (

) and continuing their dangerous quest to hunt down the horcruxes and defeat the darkest wizard of all, Lord Voldemort!

The most exciting part is, of course, the Ukrainian Ironbelly, a dragon I am especially fond of.

29283483602_6da6f59866_z.jpg

A big thank you to Marcel for helping me with the building and an even bigger one to Markus for helping with the photo-editing.

Logo from here.

Harry Potter, Gringotts, Ukrainian Ironbelly and all related names, images, etc. are property of J.K. Rowling and Warner Brothers Studios.

.... and of course thank you J.K. Rowling for creating such a wonderful series of stories!

I didn't like the photo of the other side that shows Hermione wearing the Bellatrix disguise. I highly recommend you check out the video by Beyond the Brick here for more. Thanks to the amazing folks at BTB!

.... and here's the sneak peek shot from earlier this year:

26353810803_5d7f810d93_n.jpg

Please be sure to check it out on Flickr when you have a chance!

Great images but looks great in person too. It's actually prompted me to consider an entire Diagon Alley moc- we shall see. If so, this will be the standard of build I will hold myself too.

Wow, I really love it! I just finished watching all the movie over again a couple weeks ago, and this is a great interpretation. One question, though: that is the Indominus Rex's jaw on the Ironbelly, right?

This is a wonderful MOC. :thumbup:

The shape of Gringotts looks nice.

Funny actually, more and more Harry Potter MOC are posted the last months.

Amazing build. Originally saw it on the BTB coverage of Virginia, but the photos make it look even better.

As a HP fan, it is incredibly detailed and that dragon :laugh:

Hahahaha, thanks all, glad it's such a hit and the guys at BTB did such a great coverage (too bad I'm a bit of a bumbler in front of cameras lol....)

Great images but looks great in person too. It's actually prompted me to consider an entire Diagon Alley moc- we shall see. If so, this will be the standard of build I will hold myself too.

I can't wait to see it, unless I beat ya to the punch (haha, I kid, no WAY that'll happen, just too busy at the moment, but good luck!)

Wow, I really love it! I just finished watching all the movie over again a couple weeks ago, and this is a great interpretation. One question, though: that is the Indominus Rex's jaw on the Ironbelly, right?

Correct, well spotted! I remember seeing the set for the first time and the Ironbelly was honestly the first thing I thought of. :D

This is a wonderful MOC. :thumbup:

The shape of Gringotts looks nice.

Funny actually, more and more Harry Potter MOC are posted the last months.

haha, cheers!

I know eh? I think it's thanks, in part, to this group:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/harrysmagicaljourney/

I hear there's someone new starting soon, so keep an ear/eye out!

Edited by Jared