ZCerberus

Nocturnus Minichallenge III: Pie Contest!

Hear ye! Hear ye!

It is time to lay down your weapons and take up…. your spatulas!

Lord Raavage the rightful ruler of Nocturnus (and soon all of Historica) invites bakers from every corner of the land to attend the first annual Enchanted Pie Bake-Off! Winners will bask in the glory of Lord Raavage and be given prizes and special titles while loser will be executed, chopped up and… well… probably baked into another pie.

Nocturnus enchanted pumpkin pies are legendary, not for how they quell your appetite, but for their appetite for pansy Avalonian flesh!

This minichallenge fun is open to members of all guilds, but because we know the only Guild members who really know how to make an enchanted pie reside in Nocturnus, your builds MUST have some tie-in to Nocturnus, though the rule will be quite liberally applied as Raavage has open his bake-off to everyone, even non-guildies should they dare to take on our seasoned (for taste) veterans. Of course, as the only person who matters in the entire land, Lord Raavage himself will be the sole judge (jury and executioner) of the bake-off.

Category A. Figure:

Show us the chef and explain how the chef became the master of the enchanted pie!

Who makes these enchanted pumpkin pies? Is it a traditional baker sweating inside a Nocturnian volcano? A witch slaving over her caldron? A demon sucking the souls of the damned into the pie? Or perhaps the evil behind the enchanted pie has been created by a possessed Avalonian girl?

Only the figure, photography AND your story telling skills will be judged, but feel free to create a backdrop for your character in brick if you would like. After market and custom parts are allowed, though as sole judge, I feel compelled to mention I would prefer purist solutions.

Category B. The Kitchen:

Where and how are these enchanted pies made? Are they made in a “traditional” kitchen with a triple stacked wood burning oven? Are they cooked over the funeral pyre of slain Avalonians? Or do they come from somewhere… more sinister?

Your “kitchen”, photography AND your story telling skills will be judged. Your build may not exceed 1,024 base studs (32 x 32) with reasonable over hang. Be sure to include a freshly made pie is seen somewhere in your kitchen for maximum points.

Category C. At the Judge’s table:

Winning isn’t easy… so cheating is encouraged. Depict a story (or comic) of your chef (or his minion) bribing Lord Raavage to ensure victory!

Is your chef going to sneak Raavage a few extra pies? Does your chef believe Raavage can be persuaded by something of a greener… or golder nature? Maybe you chef would prefer to meet force with force and threats are more your style?

Just like cheating isn’t subject to any stinkin’ rules, there are no rules for this category, go crazy, but surprisingly Lord Raavage has a sense of humor, funny entry will likely score higher.

Deadline is October 21, anywhere in the world.

Because this minicallege was pending so long, we will except entries created before September 2 as well as new entries!

Prizes will include special, one-of-a-kind trophies!

Makes sure to post a link to your entry in this thread and include the category.

Wishing I had a pie piece now...

Ah well, I'll just have to be creative about it. Sounds like fun!

Can someone post a current picture of His Lordship Raavage for those of us too lazy to go through back threads?

Oh my, just as my holidays end, it's starting to rain contests and challenges! Anyway, great to see it has finally arrived. :classic:

Oh btw, could we use a 'blank' stand-in figure for Lord Raavage if we don't have the parts for him?

Edited by Exetrius

Anyone think they can enter all 5 minichallenges? I think I will extend the deadline so everyone can get in on this.

You have until October 21 to get entries in for pies!

Anyone think they can enter all 5 minichallenges? I think I will extend the deadline so everyone can get in on this.

Challenge accepted (I hope, but I'm not 100% sure I'll get all my entries done in time)!

I'm going for it! :devil:

Because this minicallege was pending so long, we will except entries created before September 2 as well as new entries!

Ha! Thanks Z! I'll get my entry "officially" posted sometime soon.

We choose, in which category we want to participate? Or just build, and the jury will categorize them?

We choose, in which category we want to participate? Or just build, and the jury will categorize them?

You can build one entry for each category. But you don't have to participate in every category.

Wow, three minichallenges at once and one (this) has three catergories! Great motivation for some more Nocty building.

Edited by Dubbadgrim

Does your kitchon have to show all the aspects of making a pie? Or can certain things be ordered from around historica?

Cant wait to finish my buil and see all the other entries :D

Is bribery required for Category 3? There are other ways to cheat--sabotage comes to mind first.

I am not definitive, but to quote the challenge prompt:

"Winning isn’t easy… so cheating is encouraged. Depict a story (or comic) of your chef (or his minion) bribing Lord Raavage to ensure victory!

"Is your chef going to sneak Raavage a few extra pies? Does your chef believe Raavage can be persuaded by something of a greener… or golder nature? Maybe you chef would prefer to meet force with force and threats are more your style?

"Just like cheating isn’t subject to any stinkin’ rules, there are no rules for this category, go crazy, but surprisingly Lord Raavage has a sense of humor, funny entry will likely score higher." (emphasis added)

So I would say that yes, bribery is required since it explicitly says "bribing", but what exactly you construe as bribery is up to you. Perhaps you paid off someone to sabotage someone else's entries, or something of the like. Or whatever. It also says "there are no rules for this category", so...

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

I would highlight the "cheat" and "ensure victory" part too. Threats and meet force to force isn't bribery in my understanding.

I definitely appreciate the input, but I'd rather wait for an official explanation, as the description was so ambiguous. (One can also argue that threatening ones life you're bribing them with their own life)

You have to include Lord Raavage and some sort of bribe (a promise or threat made by someone designed to ensure you will win).

There are no rules on number of pictures or size or anything else which is the idea behind that second clause. Good Luck!

You have to include Lord Raavage and some sort of bribe (a promise or threat made by someone designed to ensure you will win).

There are no rules on number of pictures or size or anything else which is the idea behind that second clause. Good Luck!

Any suggestions how to depict Raavage without that chima head and Zabrak horns?

Edited by Jacob Nion

Then, threatening Lord Raavage sounds fun to me! :)

Oh and I have a question too! The "A" category: there can be more pictures about the chesf backstory?

Edited by kahir88

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:21 PM, kahir88 said:

Then, threatening Lord Raavage sounds fun to me! :)

Oh and I have a question too! The "A" category: there can be more pictures about the chesf backstory?

I will only be judging one picture, so be sure to designate which one you would like in this category, or I will simply choose the best one.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:49 AM, Hexx said:

So, should each of the phases be a different topic or put it all under one?

Each category deserves its own topic.