Sign in to follow this  
Bingo Little

Anyone have any luck making a flail?

Has anyone here had much like making a flail with the new spiked ball piece we got in series 15 and a short chain? I'm not a huge fan of the single-piece ones, and I've previously made larger, blockier ones but would love this opportunity to make something a lot sleeker looking - but I'm really struggling finding good ways to attach the ball to the chain. Any suggestions?

You could try using parts 48729 and then the recent element 25893? Perhaps experiment also with part 20482. Another choice might be the fishing line/string which has the bar at one end. I agree there is nothing quite ideal yet!

Edited by Bugbot2008

To connect the spiked ball with the chain, If you were willing to cut up a bar piece and use a small fragment from that... the only other thing I can think of is a mechanical claw or tap piece but that'd probably not work.

Edited by Isundir

You could try using parts 48729 and then the recent element 25893? Perhaps experiment also with part 20482. Another choice might be the fishing line/string which has the bar at one end. I agree there is nothing quite ideal yet!

If I had any of 20482 in clear (or in gold, if i were using a chain in that colour!) that'd be ideal! A little bulky at the end of the chain, but far better than the weird attempts I've made so far (and I'm not a fan of customising pieces)

*sighs and opens bricklink, while wallet gently weeps for what's coming*

You can try using 48729 or the new 22484 to attach the ball to the chain. Alternatively, you can try using the fishing rod part 93229 instead. Using that part alone isn't a good idea, but you can simply hide it by wrapping it around the chain, using its bar (it has a 1L bar, which is the shortest one Lego produces) part to attach the ball to the chain, then connect the 1x1 round stud end of the 93229 on top of the other end of the chain, then connect them to a longer bar.