MassEditor

Nocturnus Minichallenge II: Paying Tribute

Ok everyone, it's time to get building in Nocturnus! And for the chance to win some sweet

PRIZES!!!

Just so everyone knows, these are not part of the next chapter of Guilds of Historica, but just some fun minichallenges to get new and old builders back into the Darklands!

Minichallenge II: Paying Tribute

Nocturnus is a deeply spiritual land, with its residents worshipping numerous gods, deities and saints of the local pantheon. Leaders on both sides of the Nocturnus Struggle have recognized the importance of worship in attaining their goals - the Black Spire much more reluctantly, for Raavage does not easily tolerate sharing fealty, even among celestial beings. As the two sides prepare for battle, various shrines and temples are visited by the troops and civilians alike to pray for victory and safety.

Minichallenge requirements:

You should show troops or civilians worshipping or visiting sacred sites in Nocturnus. This is a pretty open challenge and builders will have a variety of options for their entries. Statues, temples, shrines, holy sites and other venerated locations are acceptable.

Size limit: 16x16

Deadline: 11:59 p.m. anywhere in the world on October 1st

Prizes will be awarded to the top builder for the Black Spire and the Nocturnian Resistance. This challenge is open to all GoH members, not just Nocturnus. The side you pick to build for has no bearing on future challenges/contests so feel free to pick whichever side you like! If you're sigfig is a member of the Nocturnian Resistance but you want to play devil's advocate and build for Raavage, then do so!

Judging will be based on the MOC's story, details, composition and how well it follows the requirements. You must post your entry in a separate thread and provide a link for it in this thread. Please prefix your entry thread with the title "Nocturnus Minichallenge II:" and then enter the name of your entry. Also, please note at the top of the thread if you are building for the Resistance or the Black Spire.

Feel free to discuss the minichallenge in this thread

And the winners are:

Captain Flint in the Black Spire category!

LordDan in the Nocturnian Resistance category!

Congrats to these two guys and their awesome entries, and thanks to everyone who participated! Nocturnus is great, isn't it?:grin:

oh man this is more accessible, given my bricks. plus I love the idea. hmmm what's the colour you use for swampy water? olive green?

oh and does Nocty actually have 'normal' human civilians (minifigs) or only orcs and stuff? :tongue:

oh man this is more accessible, given my bricks. plus I love the idea. hmmm what's the colour you use for swampy water? olive green?

oh and does Nocty actually have 'normal' human civilians (minifigs) or only orcs and stuff? :tongue:

Qwamps are most of the time done using trans-green tiles on dark-green plates. And Nocty does have humans (tough they are a minority, I think)

Challenge look great guys!

I will certainly try to enter this one! 16x16 is quite a challenging size.

Can you have more than one entry?

Looks great ME - will be interesting to see what people fit into 16x16 size for this.

As per my build below, I think lime green can work pretty well (and it's cheaper than sand green :grin:)

23675929389_7a0a141bdb.jpg

23892296842_e52a67b031.jpg

Edited by Dubbadgrim

Do decorative borders count in the base size limit? Like in the second of Dubbagrim's pictures above? I was thinking of a 1-stud wide black border just to make it look sleeker, but it would technically make it 18x18. It is fully detachable, so I can not include it, but it looks better with it.

Qwamps are most of the time done using trans-green tiles on dark-green plates. And Nocty does have humans (tough they are a minority, I think)

As per my build below, I think lime green can work pretty well (and it's cheaper than sand green :grin:)

thanks for specifing. I'm kind of stuck with my current (biggish) build at the moment, I'll see if I can make it for the deadline ^^

Do decorative borders count in the base size limit? Like in the second of Dubbagrim's pictures above? I was thinking of a 1-stud wide black border just to make it look sleeker, but it would technically make it 18x18. It is fully detachable, so I can not include it, but it looks better with it.

Historically speaking, borders have NOT counted towards the footprint limit, that will continue going forward.

Historically speaking, borders have NOT counted towards the footprint limit, that will continue going forward.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping you would say.

Here is a link to my entry to the challenge:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140196

28984989513_bb880f9600_n.jpg

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

I honestly do not know whether or not this build fits within the size requirements (because Garmadon was dying to borrow all my rock pieces and totally demolished it before I realized that the size limit was 16x16 and I wasn't sure what the footprint of my build was). I think the base is less than 16x16, and I think that even with the overhang it's under 256 studs, but I'm not sure at all, so if I'm disqualified - well, I'll just blame my brother. :grin:

That said, here's my entry.

Jeez, was Garm not taught how to share?

Seriously though, you are right to blame Garm. He really is Historica's fall guy. I still can't look at a mirror without getting shivers. Building block? I always blame Garmadon. Stepped on a LEGO? Garmadon's fault. Missing pieces? Guess who - Garmadon! Spilled biscuits and gravy all over your MOC? That fiend, Garmadon, who else!

One other note, I now know where Garm gets his amazing ability for incredibly lengthy, though nonetheless legible, sentences.

Edited by MassEditor

Seriously though, you are right to blame Garm. He really is Historica's fall guy. I still can't look at a mirror without getting shivers. Building block? I always blame Garmadon. Stepped on a LEGO? Garmadon's fault. Missing pieces? Guess who - Garmadon! Spilled biscuits and gravy all over your MOC? That fiend, Garmadon, who else!

One other note, I now know where Garm gets his amazing ability for incredibly lengthy, though nonetheless legible, sentences.

:laugh::roflmao::iamded_lol:

Kai did make it sound rather bad though... and forgot to mention that she made me sort the entire thing and put it away for her just so I could use a few of the pieces to finish up my current build! :laugh: Speaking of which, I should probably get back to that now as it has been refusing to be finished for a long time already... :grin::laugh:

:laugh::rofl:

That sounds like Garm, all right. :tongue:

Already seeing some awesome entries into the minichallenge, keep it up everyone!

Just a reminder, if you haven't, please note at the top of your MOC thread whether you are building for the Nocturnian Resistance or the Black Spire. This applies to Minichallnege II as well. If not, Raavage will end up stealing all the prizes!

Also, make sure you post a picture and link to your MOC in this thread as well!

Edited by MassEditor