Pimbo

[MOC] Aquanauts "Harvester"

It's been a while since I've been on Eurobricks, but as you know, after some months on non-Lego duties and interests, at some point the itching becomes unbearable...

So picking up where I've left off, I present to you another Aquazone MOC in the underwater quest for hydrolator crystals:

The Hydrolator Recovery Vehicle / Submarine Terrain Recon (HRV/STR)

0171_hrvstr.jpg

It is of course heavily based on one of my favourite Lego sets ever released.

Now, why would you drive a lumbering vehicle over the ocean floor when a submersible would be infinitly more swift and practical? Because Lego Aquazone, that's why!

0174_.jpg

Its role is to provide a long range mobile base of operations for the recovery of the much sought-after Hydrolator Crystals. It has long-range communication capabilities, a submersible docking platform, armaments, and carries two multipurpose container units.

0178_.jpg

The Utility Sub firmly locked in place on its platform.

0186_.jpg

An Aquanaut can enter and exit the sub through the airlock.

cabin_.jpg

The cabin opens up to allow placement of the captain, pilot, and engineer. Guided harpoons offer defensive capabilities. The sonar/underwater-lidar array keeps the window in place and is used to steer the vehicle, exactly like in the original set.

airlock_.jpg

The airlock door at the rear of the vehicle. The lower pair of propellors offer additional thrust, the top one is actually the sub's prop. Notice the license plate, gotta have that valid registration for those bureaucrats at the Aquanaut admiralty!

0216_.jpg

The container units are interchangeable and fulfill different roles supporting the Aquanauts. On this expedition, they equipped themselves with a maintenance unit and an armoury unit.

0210_.jpg

The armoury especially is very neat, the speargun rack folds nealty into the container.

0194_.jpg

First rule of Aquanaut admiralty spending: Why build just one when you can build two for twice the costs?

More Aquazone mocs to come, and more pics in the brickshelf!

Amazing remix of one of my favorite space sets ever! Really like the modifications you've done to this. Nice job!

What a great harvester you have created! It's so detailed, yet still looks fairly sleek.

Why build just one when you can build two for twice the costs?

I know where this is from, haha. It applies to most government spending. :wink:

Really nice MOC based off the most-coveted of M-Tron sets (when I was younger). I love how you managed to incorporate your Utility sub build into it as well (and thanks for posting a link to it). I've been on an undersea kick lately, and its nice to see those themes still getting some love these days. :)

Any chance of a better look inside the vehicle's airlock compartment? Could'nt see better pics of it on Brickshelf

Edited by Scarilian

After moren then 3 years of this last post, i found this very great MOC.
And i rebulit it :) 
Is it still possible to contact you, Pimbo?

Step_16.jpg