gvo25

42053 - Volvo EW160 - Mods and Improvements

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Agh! Though I was the first. :laugh:

Ordered a hand full as soon the Jeep came out LOL

Edited by Coolusername

Hi folks,

I finally got hands on the awesome Volvo EW160. The model was really good but I missed some parts here and there. The main upgrades I wanted to have included:

• a scrap grabber and redesigned boom with an exchangeable tool-array made by @Freizeitopfer (see Rebrickable for instructions - it's worth)
  • a second pneumatic cylinder for the main boom - I had to redesign the lower part in the front a bit to make it fit snug. Also in the cabin I had to remove a long lift-arm and make a small gap so it won't interfere 0.5L with the cylinder while in the lower position.
  • filling up some more lift-arms in the chassis and cabin to close ugly looking holes
  • changed many 3L blue-Pins with black ones (still some work necessary in the front part)
  • changed the balloon tires to the new tractor (Jeep) ones for more badass and real look
  • Most important: for the scrap grabber I used a pneumatic hose from ebay. seems not original Lego but it is more wobbely and not so stiff. That is important, so the whole part is not pulled by the hoses.

Still need to built in an extra valve to control the front pneumatic cylinder, new hoses (maybe all black) and an air-tank for more fun. Not looking into electrical, will keep it manual :)

Enjoy the view and let me know what else could be done for this project.

20221222-020143.jpg
20221222-020153.jpg
20221222-020226.jpg
20221222-020253.jpg
20221222-020355.jpg
20221222-020408.jpg

Edited by harrygee

Here is my version :) It is Full RC with Buwizz and 4 motors, 2xM and 2xL. Basically its combined from 42053 (looks) and 8043 (mechanics). Tracks, Upper arm and grabber is from my head. And instead of the old 56t turntable/8t this uses the new 60t with 12t. Also it has manual 2-speed gearbox for tracks.

Volvo Brutalis