So the sun was shining this Bank Holiday and I took advantage of it to photograph (badly) some of the Marvel Comics mecha that have been cluttering up my living room for the past month.

First: the Inevitable Iron Man Hulkbuster.

29245387121_863cb75039_b.jpgHulkbuster Iron Man by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Fits one smug playboy philanthropist and exists mainly to see if I could.

28703190283_d863c1cf93_b.jpgHulkbuster Iron Man by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

But what's a giant fighting robot suit without another one to beat the rivets out of? Cue the Crimson Dynamo!

28701293154_f4c04ba3df_b.jpgIron Man Vs Crimson Dynamo by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Based on the idea that the Dynamo is an enormous spacesuit gone crazy, as seen in the not-exactly-good Armored Adventures cartoon.

29216049632_44f0ff4def_b.jpgThe Crimson Dynamo by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Based on the idea that he never likes to be out-done, here's Doc Ock's Spider-Buster armour.

29245425861_653c9fb895_b.jpgDoc Ock's Spider-Buster by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

A not-quite standard torso for the minifigure inside:

28701320904_c228cb6e6a_b.jpgDoc Ock's Spider-Buster by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Scaling it down again, here's Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6.

29245404561_36f65c6efc_b.jpgHiro and Baymax by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Somewhat ungainly flight:

28701302834_301d261163_z.jpgHiro and Baymax by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

And lastly, a giant Cyber King based on Lego Dimenions and Jared If only I remembered . . .'s MOC of the same name.

29057716970_392c4cfd0a_b.jpgCyber King by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

With Cybermen for scale:

29311406756_ea75434830_b.jpgCyber King by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

More pictures on Flickr- do drop in!

Enjoy!

Edited by The Librarian

Brilliant!

I really like the Cyberman, even though I know nothing of Dr Who other than the Dimensions figure. But that really looks great for a robot in general. I should look into my own version of it.

I also really like the Hulkbuster armor. I don't particularly like the gold thigh pieces, since it should be red with gold accents, but the scale and shaping is well done. I should also look into modifying my own. I would definitely look at yours for inspiration.

I'm not a huge Spider-man fan, but the Doc Ock mech works really well and seems much more threatening than the normal arms and pincers he usually has.

I never thought that creepy face print would ever serve a purpose. I was wrong, it is perfect for Baymax! I might have to borrow that idea someday.

I never thought that creepy face print would ever serve a purpose. I was wrong, it is perfect for Baymax! I might have to borrow that idea someday.

Ain't that the true!

Great models!

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Ooh, totally! I mean, hey, this is primarily a Marvel thread. I'm thinking paint job!

I've actually made some Sentinels of my own to a different design. Hopefully will get a chance to photograph them at some point soon!

I *think* it was that piece that actually inspired me to build him - can't quite remember. It was great to find a use for it after years of sitting in my boxes doing nothing!