Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

2008 UCS

I ask cause I was on Lugnet earlier and noticed the ISD was released in 2002. The Death Star II was released in 2005.

So, maybe this year we will see the release of another $300 model. Probably Clone War related.

If so, my money is on a Venator or Acclamator. But, an UCS RGS or AT-TE would be awesome!! I buy any of them!!

On a cheaper note, in 2002 they also released Yoda. Which is considered an UCS and in 2005, they released the Sandcrawler. Which is not an UCS, but, is an expensive model, $140 US. So maybe they will release a smaller UCS set too. Maybe an A-Wing for the OT fans or ETA-2 for the PT fans.

I excluded the GG set cause we still are not sure what it is. And the Death Star set is probably a playset of sorts!!

What do you think, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

I ask cause I was on Lugnet earlier and noticed the ISD was released in 2002. The Death Star II was released in 2005.

You're missing

- AT-ST

- TIE Advanced

- TIE Interceptor

- X-Wing

- Snowspeeder

- Millennium Falcon

And those are just off the top of my head

You're missing

- AT-ST

- TIE Advanced

- TIE Interceptor

- X-Wing

- Snowspeeder

- Millennium Falcon

And those are just off the top of my head

The part you quoted was refering to the $300 sets.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

i think that it will just be smaller ucs sets this year.we just had the UCS falcon ;-)

Edited by legoman

I'd put my bet on some kind of Clone Wars Capital Ship. They're already making an RGS and AT-TE, why bother to make another in a different scale? A UCS Venator would be the best selling UCS set yet, I think, especially if it contained mini starfighters.

Maybe an UCS Invicible Hand? That was a very BIG ship!

I'd put my bet on some kind of Clone Wars Capital Ship. They're already making an RGS and AT-TE, why bother to make another in a different scale? A UCS Venator would be the best selling UCS set yet, I think, especially if it contained mini starfighters.

Well they did make an AT-ST in both minifig scale and UCS at the same time...

i think that it will just be smaller ucs sets this year.we just had the UCS falcon ;-)

Very good point, and given that it was released at the end of 2007, chances are that could be our big UCS set for awhile. And hey, my wallet isn't complaining! I'm not sure I can really see them doing a UCS for the PT. Think of it this way, UCS is aimed mostly at the AFOL audience, right? Most adults love the OT and hate the PT, thus making them less likely to put down the same kind of money for a PT set as an OT set.

Let's face it, if you're an adult and had to have a UCS Death Star or a UCS Droid control ship, which will you be more likely to buy? Most adults would opt for the DS since it brings back fond memories and just holds a special place in their heart. To be honest, I'd love a DS1 UCS next to my DS2. We actually very well may get it. If you remember, the Bespin playset had UCS numbering...this upcoming Death Star set, which very well may be a playset, could fill the same role.

I think that the upcoming General Grievous set (most likely a statue or bust intended for display, not play) suggests that Lego thinks AFOLs will buy high-dollar PT collectibles. I would not be unsurprised if we got at least one more PT UCS set before the end of the license, though maybe not this year. My personal prediction, however, is that we get another character bust or statue. UCS Jar-Jar, anyone? :-P

I think that the upcoming General Grievous set (most likely a statue or bust intended for display, not play) suggests that Lego thinks AFOLs will buy high-dollar PT collectibles. I would not be unsurprised if we got at least one more PT UCS set before the end of the license, though maybe not this year. My personal prediction, however, is that we get another character bust or statue. UCS Jar-Jar, anyone? :-P

My point was that it won't be a $300 one, but rather would more likely be one of the $100 ones at most. We've already had "cheap" PT UCS sets, remember the Naboo fighter?

I just realized, there havent been any PT ucs sets have there? (Besides the SE Naboo Fighter, which I think is about the same size, if not smaller, as the new 2007 one.)

DP8

I must admit to being an OT guy, but with that admission, I would love to see an UCS Venator Class... it is by far, in my opinion, the most impressive thing in the PT... but in the old republic colors. I think they had one done up for the movies, by Eric Varszegi. I would gladly pay $300 for that... it would be a steal... and be a beautiful offset to the ISD.

I just realized, there havent been any PT ucs sets have there? (Besides the SE Naboo Fighter, which I think is about the same size, if not smaller, as the new 2007 one.)

Yep you are right as the darth maul bust was a scupture.

Surely the next UCS OT set has to be the Shuttle Tyderium - we have had the minifig version released twice (on its own and in imperial inspection) so the time must be now for the UCS!!

I would imagine if the UCS version were done correctly then minifigures would probably look just right in the cockpit. Remember in the movie the cockpit holds Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie and the 2 droids.....

Slave 1 would be nice, but I think this would just look better and avoid TLC the difficulty of the "curves" on Slave 1.

i aggree, the emporors shuttle is a definite contender (sp?)

i can't wait to hear their plans 8-

IMO the next UCS would be the A-wing.

the last few years have been very imperial centric (ignoring the falcon), so its the rebels time to get a UCS, I don't think the B-wing is well known enough to get "ucs'd", everyone knows the A-wing for its star destroyer crash and i don't think TLC would want a expensive UCS after the falcon so it rules the capital ships out

If it is an imperial ship it's likely to be Tyderium or if its a TIE variant it will be the bomber, because if i'm honest the TIE fighter would be too boring in UCS scale.

I'd love a UCS episode 3 jedi starfighter though.

I think they will problably make the death star I, maybe with minifigures, that would be great :)

Surely the next UCS OT set has to be the Shuttle Tyderium - we have had the minifig version released twice (on its own and in imperial inspection) so the time must be now for the UCS!!

I would imagine if the UCS version were done correctly then minifigures would probably look just right in the cockpit. Remember in the movie the cockpit holds Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie and the 2 droids.....

Slave 1 would be nice, but I think this would just look better and avoid TLC the difficulty of the "curves" on Slave 1.

A UCS Tyderium with minifigs (UCS MF concept) would be a dream come true for me!

DutchRebel

I would for sure buy a emperial shuttle in UCS. Shure it would be nice if it was with minifigs like the falcon, but I would buy i anyway.

So my hope for UCS 2008 is Slave 1 or Shuttle.

Morten

A full size republic gunship would be awsome but it would have to be $300.00 the real thing can hold 30

clones! maby in 09.

I'm a great fan of the fighters, so I'd prefer:

A-Wing!

Tie-Fighter (the Interceptor is so ugly, with the blue bricks; have never seen any blue on imp vessels in Ep IV-VI)

Tie-Bomber (ok, no must)

B-Wing!

On the other hand, we need an big rebellion vessel as counterweight for the Star Destroyer, so maybe:

Home One! (not easy to build such a round shape with bricks!)

or a Nebula-B (surely not enough against a SD, but very nice)

Anybody knows when we get the news (maybe experiences concerning the last years)? I have to decide where I should spend my christmas and birthday money for (hate that it's the same day for me :-/ ). For the moment I'd buy the Tie Advanced... I'd love to build up the Millennium Falcon, but unfortunately I'm a bloody German, so I had to spend nearly 600

Personally I think one of the best ideas is one Home One for minifigs (like the sandcrawler a little more big like 2000+ pieces with rebel members, Admiral Ackblar, Mon Calamari (warriors, pilots, etc.) and a Mon Mothma *wub* . and a Minifigure Tyridum is an other great idea with Rebel endor troops and Luke, Leia and Han Solo in endor outfit. *wub* :'-) 8-