Actually it was a polite way to telli you that this kind of dump truck you build never have independent suspension... So it is not realistic at all! :wink:

My friend this was funny! And yes you are right, on a dump truck you'll never find independent suspensions, only on "long distance" truck, but still quite rare nowadays.

Anyway, as everybody is saying you'll need to reinforce (I would redesign everything from scratch) the chassis, the suspensions and add more power. when the truck is finished the weight will kill the XL motor, now is fine but later it won't be anymore.

P.S. you said you want the glory, well you'll get the glory only if you succeed, regardless how big your project is! Sometime a well finished small model it's better than a big wonky unfinished model! good luck

I am tried it out and I just need 1 XL :head_back:

In case you 'tried' with about 4 KG of load on your chais (which is the bottom approximate of what such model will weight) and it worked, you are good to go :) But something tells me you didn't.

You really better study the succesful MOCs of such kind carefully, taking the advantage of learning from other's experience. Otherwise you select the path towards many failures and frustration :)

Ok I am going to redo the front suspension and it will have drive and I have reinforced it, also I have put in the bucket tipping hydraulics.

I have redone the front suspension and the truck has 2 XL motors now and is AWD. I am running low on parts.

29362634575_d01d7fc9b2_c.jpg

29362632665_41f433a0ee_c.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Edited by Lego2016Lego

also I have put in the bucket tipping hydraulics.

Hydraulics? We have hydraulics in Lego now?

Also, that long unsupported axle between the PF L motor and the u-joint is asking for trouble. It really needs support at least where it connects to the u-joint.

PS. How is that AWD working with portal hubs in the back and regular hubs in the front? Don't you have different gear ratios rear/front? And how is that single PF XL geared down?

Edited by Sariel

The AWD is working good It has different gear ratios.

I would change that asap because that can damage your motors quickly.

Hydraulics? We have hydraulics in Lego now?

Also, that long unsupported axle between the PF L motor and the u-joint is asking for trouble. It really needs support at least where it connects to the u-joint.

PS. How is that AWD working with portal hubs in the back and regular hubs in the front? Don't you have different gear ratios rear/front? And how is that single PF XL geared down?

And the axel it fine.

I would change that asap because that can damage your motors quickly.

Ok will do.

Not to be rude but AWD with front wheels spinning 3x faster than the rear ones... I think I've officially seen it all now. Not to mention a single PF XL simply won't handle a truck of this size and weight.

And the axel it fine.

I'm sure it is now. But try to make this actuator lift 1 or 2 kg of load.

Not to be rude but AWD with front wheels spinning 3x faster than the rear ones... I think I've officially seen it all now. Not to mention a single PF XL simply won't handle a truck of this size and weight.

I'm sure it is now. But try to make this actuator lift 1 or 2 kg of load.

I have lifted the bucket with my hand pressing down hard on it and it was still fine but thank you for the idea I my still do it and you are not rude I am just not that experienced. :sad:

And it has a support by the u joint

I think you're getting carried away by the excitement of building big. I'm guessing you're pretty young and inexperienced and that's absolutely fine - we've all been there. Why don't you start out with D3K's offroad modular truck? It's smaller, more manageable and - most importantly - it's a great learning experience. I also recommend Sariel's book (new edition coming out soon, Sariel?).

Edited by suffocation

I think you're getting carried away by the excitement of building big. I'm guessing you're pretty young and inexperienced and that's absolutely fine - we've all been there. Why don't you start out with D3K's offroad modular truck? It's smaller, more manageable and - most importantly - it's a great learning experience. I also recommend Sariel's book(new edition coming out soon, Sariel?).

I am young and inexperienced (13) but I want to try and build this there is no harm in doing it and if is mess I will know for next time. Edited by Lego2016Lego

Hey man, nice project! Although maybe a little to ambitious, it does not look bad!

Especcialy for such a big scale it ain't bad.

Side information:

To Lego2016Lego: the people on this forum are mostly very experienced builders. When you show a picture where something isn't working out right, the community will tell you. Sometimes they seem to be a little rude, because they are mostly all building at a higher level then that you build right now. I say right now, because you are now making the mistakes that EVERYBODY made. The more mistakes you make, the faster you will learn. Keep up the good work!

To Eurobricks Community: sometimes guys... I love how positive you all can be, but sometimes you seem to be semi-helping or semi-positive. (Exception are there) instead of being salty that you don't really like what you see, give this guy some POSITIVE tips and help and you will see it turn out good. I don't think negativity is a good way of helping someone.

This is by no means an insult, if you feel insulted than start thinking ;-)

Edited by jgw

Weather it is purely in my head or not I don't know, but I truly believe that a physical age makes little to no difference in your capability. (With the exception of past experiences that may effect your building skill) What makes the difference is how LONG you have been building with technic Legos. I am also thirteen but have been building technic Mocs since I was eight, and have over 15000 technic elements in my collection. You are bound to grow and learn and your capabilities will expand. A year ago now I couldn't build gearboxes, and now I have made compact, and completely new types of shifters that work with any number of speeds on a clutch gear gearbox, so, don't get discouraged!

So this goes out to all of you, as there are technic builders in there forties who may have only been building for five years, like me. Needless to say I think this is a good start, weather or not it is built the way the technic gods have decreed. (Not pointing fingers or naming names) but if you work on it needless to say you could be the sheepo or madocca of the future. So good luck to you,

Sincerely,

Myers Lego Technic

I also recommend Sariel's book (new edition coming out soon, Sariel?).

Thanks, 2nd edition comes out this October with 420+ pages. More details coming soon :)

you could say I like the improvements your giving me put it is too much :grin:

Thank you. I really should have gone and dug through my instruction drawers, but fortunately now I do t have to!

lol

You're not rude, we just keep finding stuff we think needs correcting and this can naturally be frustrating to you.

You're not rude, we just keep finding stuff we think needs correcting and this can naturally be frustrating to you.

You hit it on the stud... er you hit it on the no stud. Edited by Lego2016Lego