catch2x2

WIP custom painted minifig set

Hi guys!!!

Thought i'd share a sneak peak of my latest creation. I've been wanting to do this for a while but I've been really busy with other stuff (read: sister in laws Lego wedding cake toppers....) and have finally had time this weekend.

As you can see, they need hair and faces but they are coming along nicely.

Once they are finished I'll post up detailed pics.

Hope you like them as much as I do!!

post-162887-0-07105100-1472560271_thumb.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of painted figures but I find these worked out pretty well so far. I can identify the characters with out any other clue and that's really key, isn't it? I'm curious though, are you using the TV show or the movie for character models?

Lol! Nice work. Cant wait to see the finished set

Thanks fordtruckin - I appreciate it :thumbup:

I'm not usually a fan of painted figures but I find these worked out pretty well so far. I can identify the characters with out any other clue and that's really key, isn't it? I'm curious though, are you using the TV show or the movie for character models?

I am proud to have impressed you :blush: thank you for the kind comments. You're absolutely right, I try and plan out exactly what I'm going to do before i do it with any custom. You have such a small canvas with these guys anything you do has to add something important and keep to scale or it just looks wrong. You also have to remember not to go overboard with detail as I found out on my last one. I did a bride for a cake topper ( not minifig, about 2x bigger) and spent about an hour adding highlights and shade to her arms. I thought it looked great. Then I blinked, refocused on something further away, looked back and realised I couldn't see any of the detail I'd just painted. Moral of the story, look up from your work every now and then, and don't get carried away..... :grin:

Anyway, after that rambling on, I'm doing the tv series version. I grew up watching it and loved it, so it was a no brainer to choose them.