Hey, guys !

I have another non-vehicle moc for you, a morse code straight key and receiver.

The straight key is actually a lever with one end connected to the controller.

The receiver consists of one battery box, one IR receiver and one pair of LEDs.

This is really a remote controlled lights.

Here is the video. (The beeping sound is added later after recording, the receiver doesn't make any noise.)

Edited by 1711902090

Great idea and funny video :thumbup:

Here is my dogther working with morse code.

23400926853_0200b743bd_c.jpg

23945155161_55c73a58f6_c.jpg

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

I gave you "I like it" on YT channel for your Morse code machine. I think the Morse code machine is old machine and people do not use this machine. They use satellite system :wink:

What an original idea. I wonder if you could make something with a motorised roll of paper and your felt tip pen on a motorised arm? The paper could feed under the pen and produce a ticker-tape style print out.

^ Exactly my thought.

It's definitely original, yet in my opinion overly simple - there is nothing much to the remote controlled light. If you had the actual morse writer on the receiving side, now that would be something :)

It is plain, and still there is something special about it.

Sometimes this is what we need: simplicity. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Interesting idea.

I love that !

Thank You ! :wink:

Do I get an apple for translating the final message?

Yes, the answer is "apple". :thumbup:

I gave you "I like it" on YT channel for your Morse code machine. I think the Morse code machine is old machine and people do not use this machine. They use satellite system :wink:

You can still bring this to the exam if cell phones are prohibited.

What an original idea. I wonder if you could make something with a motorised roll of paper and your felt tip pen on a motorised arm? The paper could feed under the pen and produce a ticker-tape style print out.

^ Exactly my thought.

It's definitely original, yet in my opinion overly simple - there is nothing much to the remote controlled light. If you had the actual morse writer on the receiving side, now that would be something :)

That's a great idea. I actually built a typing machine which is simply a one sided return to centre steering mechanism with a pencil tied to the end. I found out that It was very hard to get the timing right so I had to leave a "giant" space between each letter. If I place the pencil closer to the paper, it prints short and long lines, no dot at all... That's why I decided to use indicator light and dropped everything else.

Someone suggested that I could use NXT to record the code, but I don't have one...

Great idea and funny video :thumbup:

Here is my dogther working with morse code.

Wow ! that is super cool ! what are the two straight key looking things covered in grey boxes?

It is plain, and still there is something special about it.

Sometimes this is what we need: simplicity. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Since I did try to build a printing device but it didn't work out very well, I would say it is a accidental simplicity. :laugh:

That's a great idea. I actually built a typing machine which is simply a one sided return to centre steering mechanism with a pencil tied to the end. I found out that It was very hard to get the timing right so I had to leave a "giant" space between each letter. If I place the pencil closer to the paper, it prints short and long lines, no dot at all... That's why I decided to use indicator light and dropped everything else.

Someone suggested that I could use NXT to record the code, but I don't have one...

I see, I can imagine that it's hard to control precisely with standard motor. I bet there would be an engineering solution though :) Maybe using some spring which the motor would have to push against, so it springs the pen up faster for the dots.