Sign in to follow this  
just2good

LEGO Toys"R"Us Bricktober Minifigure Collections 2016

There is nothing musical about that first group. Nothing at all.

I don't know about that... They kind of resemble an aging Fleetwood Mac. :laugh:

Edited by Rotundus

At least it might bring a few more CMF elf Torsos on the market.

My thoughts exactly.

I was hoping for something better from the Warriors pack. Most notably, I would have preferred all medieval rather than a ninja and a cowboy.

Either way, it's cool to see them reusing some of these parts.

I don't know about that... They kind of resemble an aging Fleetwood Mac. :laugh:

:laugh: I guess I can't really argue with that :snicker:

Edited by rodiziorobs

I'm glad TRU is going back to minifigures, but the themes here are not coherent. It would be nice if they were much closer in relation. Ninja and cowboy? I don't see how those qualify as the same kinda warrior. Still that one is at least good for a parts pack.

But if these are coming out in October and Lego is running their double VIP then, as well, I can see where I'd rather spend my money. Maybe like the micro sets, I can catch this one deep clearance.

would definitely have preferred monsters, but actually like these more than the mini buildings from last year (which, as of last week, were still on the shelves at my local TRU) mostly for parts though.

I'm not a fan of mini scale, so those buildings did nothing for me. Even though these are mostly parts packs, I like these a lot more. I still don't think I'll get any, though. Cheaper to just get the few parts I really want on BrickLink (and hopefully these sets will bring the prices down even further).

They just could've done so much more with these. Even repackaging the greatest hits grouped by theme would have been better.

City, space, historic and maybe costumed figs? Just about everyone would be into that.

They just could've done so much more with these. Even repackaging the greatest hits grouped by theme would have been better.

City, space, historic and maybe costumed figs? Just about everyone would be into that.

I agree. That would have been so much better.

Even repackaging the greatest hits grouped by theme would have been better.

Last thing we need is another best-of collection.

We've already got five vintage collections which could be interpreted that way.

Humor me. Which five are those?

I completely disagree.

When compared to these ramshackle amalgamations of parts, proper minifigures would be far better. It would also allow those who missed out on previous series the opportunity to buy some of the best minifigures from the theme at a retail price, which can only be a good thing.

Either way, if you are a collector and you have all of the minifigures, both ideas offer you nothing new.

Humor me. Which five are those?

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1 (852331)

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 2 (852535)

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 3 (852697)

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 4 (852753)

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 5 (852769)

Those sets included remakes from early polular minifigs, als Classic Spaceman (in four colors), classic knights and townspeople as classic fireman, classic nurse or classic mailman.

I prefer sets with new and unique Minifigs instead of another remakes of classic figs.

Especially since it´s not really hard to find original classic Minifigs for a little money...

I prefer sets with new and unique Minifigs instead of another remakes of classic figs.

Especially since it´s not really hard to find original classic Minifigs for a little money...

I can see where you're coming from.

It's not so much classic or vintage minifigures I'm talking about, though. It's Collectible Minifigures from previous series, like the Elf or Bumblebee Girl for example, that I'd love to see in these packs. But I do appreciate that they tried to keep them themed (even if I still don't think a Ninja or Cowboy fit the "Warrior" theme, or that the "Musicians" could have come with a guitar or 2).

Edited by x105Black

Here is the order of how these will come out:

1. Musicians

2. Warriors

3. Athletes

4. Cops & Robbers

Credit to BrickVibe on Instagram. They have a cool ToysRUs Lego Calendar that is the same format as the Lego Store calendars.

Also, a Make & Take of Frankenstein is on the 29th.

It's Collectible Minifigures from previous series, like the Elf or Bumblebee Girl for example, that I'd love to see in these packs.

Aah, you mean something like the Accessory Pack (850449) or the VIP Top 5 Box (850458, which included the Series 3 Elf Minifig by the way)...

The VIP Box was interesting for me in some degree, because of the slight color variations of Space Villain, Fisherman and Mummy, compared to Series 3 pendents.

Apart from that I don´t need any double or triple Minifigs.

I´m simply a collector, I don´t want to build armies of identical Elf-, Space-, Knight- or Whatelse-Warriors. :wink:

Out of my sight a Minifigure Collection Box is more interesting when coming with brand new Minifigs that have never been used before.

Not to be misunderstood, I do understand anybody who wants remakes of great Minifigs, but for me as a collector they are only interesting if they differ in some details at least.

Edited by Mellow

Aah, you mean something like the Accessory Pack (850449) or the VIP Top 5 Box (850458, which included the Series 3 Elf Minifig by the way)...

The VIP Box was interesting for me in some degree, because of the slight color variations of Space Villain, Fisherman and Mummy, compared to Series 3 pendents.

Apart from that I don´t need any double or triple Minifigs.

I´m simply a collector, I don´t want to build armies of identical Elf-, Space-, Knight- or Whatelse-Warriors. :wink:

Out of my sight a Minifigure Collection Box is more interesting when coming with brand new Minifigs that have never been used before.

Not to be misunderstood, I do understand anybody who wants remakes of great Minifigs, but for me as a collector they are only interesting if they differ in some details at least.

I completely understand your point of view. I wonder, however, if these sets appeal to you at all, as they are simply repurposed parts put together in ways that barely work together.

It´s hard to say.

You can take 20 different Minifigs and combine their parts to thousands of new combinations.

But that´s not my area of interest.

Those boxes can be interesting as they are official combinations of Minifigs.

But that´s also not the whole thing.

In my case it is important to get unique (official) Minifigs that tell a little story about their character on the first sight.

Additional parts can help a lot to make a Minifig to an individual.

A guitar could make a simply blue haired girl to a rockstar.

A plate with a sheet of music print can make a woman with a skirt to an opera singer.

That´s why I´m disappointed with that actual sets, they try to tell a story ("musicians"), but they do that only very inconsequent.

With additional parts I would grab those sets without hesitation.

Edited by Mellow

I see they cost 15 Euro on the site, but can someone explain are these bricktober items usually free if you buy a certain amount, and how much? Even $15 USD is too much, and I'm only interested in the warriors, but maybe as a GWP.

I cringed when they fitted the Karate Master torso with the Spaceman legs assembly...

... O_o

Edited by makoy

I cringed when they fitted the Karate Master torso with the Spaceman legs assembly...

... O_o

I don't mind that as much as the Elf and Viking Woman combination.

Don't have toysrus here anyway, but this must be the funniest thing i've seen. What a bunch of random. Who dresses like that?