Sign in to follow this  
paulsp2012

Lego Catalog

Hey guys new to the forum so I apologize if it's already out there but I was curious if anyone knows when the new official lego catalog is going to be released. Thanks.

May I ask how do you find these? I'm interested in digital versions for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Do you have a different local version?
We do :) And I got everything listed there apart from one. Still looking for missing ones.

The last digital catalogues I got to download (same as paper one) are for 2015H2:

NBB-ET_2HY2015_WEB_LOW.pdf

NBB-LV_2HY2015_WEB_LOW.pdf

NBB-LT_2HY2015_WEB_LOW.pdf

Don't have URLs though. I remember someone find tons of them for 2015H2 and shared URLS on one of LEGO fan webpages. But never figured how they did that.

Edit. Found for this year:

https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/BrandCatalogue2HY2016/NBB/LT/

https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/BrandCatalogue2HY2016/NBB/LV/

https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/BrandCatalogue2HY2016/NBB/ET/

Lucky me! :)

Edited by zux

The new Fall 2016 catalog was released in Lego Shop stores yesterday, on August 29th, 2016 (I saw a lot about the international catalog but wasn't sure which one you meant).

Can anyone confirm that its actually out. I don't have a Lego store anywhere to check and I haven't seen any trace of it online yet

Can anyone confirm that its actually out. I don't have a Lego store anywhere to check and I haven't seen any trace of it online yet

Can confirm; my family just got it in the mail today.

Has anyone in the US received a Spring 2018 catalog yet? Nor have I seen it in the mail yet, it isn't shown on the catalog request form either. :shrug_confused:

Just wondering, how are official catalogs still relevant? I mean Lego is always the last source to get news about upcoming sets, plus they release stuff all the time. So what would be in an official catalog that wouldn't already be old news?

They're relevant to kids, who are probably not following the latest Lego news online.  The Lego catalog was always my favorite magazine as a kid, and I imagine that the relatively small advertising investment of sending catalogs in the mail to houses with children who send for them pays off handsomely even if the vast majority of children who get those catalogs don't remain interested in Lego as adults.

9 minutes ago, icm said:

They're relevant to kids, who are probably not following the latest Lego news online.  The Lego catalog was always my favorite magazine as a kid, and I imagine that the relatively small advertising investment of sending catalogs in the mail to houses with children who send for them pays off handsomely even if the vast majority of children who get those catalogs don't remain interested in Lego as adults.

Pretty sure that kids are the first ones to be online for that.

Yes Lego (& toys in general) catalogs were precious for me as a kid too. But back then it was the only way to know about upcoming sets, even ahead of TV ads.
With channels like Jangbricks, those catalogs look like a sad thing from another era, to me.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, anothergol said:

Just wondering, how are official catalogs still relevant? I mean Lego is always the last source to get news about upcoming sets, plus they release stuff all the time. So what would be in an official catalog that wouldn't already be old news?

Sometimes they have graphics and illustrations that are fun to look at. The Big Holiday Catalog back in 2016 had some gorgeous LEGO Friends, Elves, City, and Nexo Knights art, for instance, some of which I hadn't previously seen in that quality or at all.

There's also the fact that some parents and grandparents are more old-fashioned than their kids and will have an easier time deciding what sets to get their kids from flipping through a catalog than from browsing a website. And of course, it's also just another point of contact. The more time customers spend looking at your products the more customers you're likely to reach, so consolidating all your advertising through one marketing channel is not necessarily desirable, even if it is one of the most effective and economical marketing channels at your fingertips.

On 4/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, anothergol said:

For me, they're just old-timey and nostalgic. :blush:

On 4/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, anothergol said:

I still love them, at 37. I’m sure I’m an outier, but I’d rather look at pages in a catalog than a website any day. 

On April 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM, anothergol said:

I spend way too much time in front of screens over the course of the day so I try to adhere to a no surfing/social media after dinner rule and very little connectivity on weekends, so a paper catalog, to me, is very refreshing.  Part of why I play with Lego is to escape electronics (I've been hip deep in hi-tech for 40 years now and my enthusiasm for most things related to it (except my paycheck) has waned), so using a computer really taints the process for me.  If they got rid of the paper catalog, I'd probably end up buying a lot less because I have such a negative association with computers at this point.

I really don't like the Lego shop web design.  It's fine for placing an order (when it works), but a terrible place to browsing/discovering sets.  AFOL sites are much better sources for learning about new stuff, but it's hit or miss on what's getting covered, when and where.  Of course, the catalog is far less than comprehensive these days as well but it has the advantage of being browsable even when your ISP is down.  I'm sure there will come a day when the printed catalog will go the way of video stores and payphones, but until that day comes I'll welcome every new Lego Catalog that lands in my mailbox like a surprise gift from an old friend.

On 12/04/2018 at 2:15 AM, anothergol said:

They pile them up in the LEGO store and many people take them away. Even though they can see the actual sets right there in-store,  people (kids included) still like to have a catalogue.

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

still love them, at 37. I’m sure I’m an outier, but I’d rather look at pages in a catalog than a website any day. 

I'm the same age and I completely agree with you.

Paper catalogues are very nostalgic for me. Growing up in the 80s I always used to look forward to picking up the latest lego catalogue from my local toys r us. There was something magical about flicking through the pages and seeing all the new sets.

I think we take it for granted nowadays but back in the days before Internet, the first anyone knew of the new sets was when we actually saw the thing for sale on the shelves or in the pages of the catalogues.

So even though nowadays we all know way in advance about what new sets are coming out, personally I still like to have a good old fashioned catalogue to flick through as well.