This is my entry for the long waited pneumatics contest. A forklift, that uses an i2 LPE with a pneumatic drive/reverse gearbox, pneumatic steering, fork lift with tilting and probably some other functions. The whole contraption will be powered from a buggy motor pump. and controlled through a tethered (with the tubes) remote.

The forklift part

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

The forks.

800x343.jpg

The powerhouse, aka the LPE which to my knowledge the the most compact i2 with large cylinders.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Now the Drive/Reverse gearbox.

800x377.jpg

And it paired with the LPE

800x600.jpg

Now the steering.

800x600.jpg

And the whole chassis

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

And finally the pump

800x389.jpg

And now the controller; I have only completed one joystick (this one is the for steering and drive)

800x226.jpg

More progress will follow in the next week. To view all the picture in their full resolution follow the link:http://bricksafe.com/pages/Epic_Technic/tc10

How well does the steering works? To my knowledge you can't precisely control a small cylinder, but I may be wrong...

The idea seems crazy , will wait for further progress :sweet:

Edited by LXF

I've been waiting for a forklift entry so will be following this with interest.

Great work so far. how much reach does the mast get and sorry for my dumbness but the 2 cylinder LPE is that a 2 cylinder motor so to speak?

Doesn't that pump setup not overstretch the blue pump? he distance between the two holes is more than 6 studs, after all. Also I think you should brace the other end of the red axle, or it will come off during pumping.

How well does the steering works? To my knowledge you can't precisely control a small cylinder, but I may be wrong...

To accurately control the steering, I am using another cylinder, like in this picture.

800x226.jpg

Great work so far. how much reach does the mast get and sorry for my dumbness but the 2 cylinder LPE is that a 2 cylinder motor so to speak?

The forks move around 20 studs. Yes, I am referring to the engine, the LPE or Lego Pneumatic Engine

Doesn't that pump setup not overstretch the blue pump? he distance between the two holes is more than 6 studs, after all.

It does not stretch the pump for me, there is some slack in the pump so it works fine.

Really like your model and that you use pneumatics for almost everything in this forklift. Hope you will have enought pressure to power it all :D

7 hours ago, Aris said:

Nice!!

If you want to get more posts, go talk in the technic pub.

anyways, Nice model! I like the rc motor for compressor. Looks fast. Looking forward to more progress!

cheers,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Let's Build

Sorry guys. If u mean model ''Nemesis'', there is no RC part. Everything is cotrolled by hand. Thanks!

2 hours ago, letsbuild said:

[...]

anyways, Nice model! I like the rc motor for compressor. Looks fast. Looking forward to more progress!

[...]

55 minutes ago, Aris said:

Sorry guys. If u mean model ''Nemesis'', there is no RC part. Everything is cotrolled by hand. Thanks!

no, I meant to @Epic Technic, not you.

Edited by letsbuild