PaddyBricksplitter

Is there anything from the OT that has not been built?

Hey guys

I was trying to think of something to build from the original trilogy. Something that has not be done yet. I could not think of a single ship or scene that has not been built before and done really well already.

Is there anything that we have not seen in Lego form from the OT yet?

Maybe that imperial shuttle that was briefly in Empire?

Brickset's got a great series currently going about sets that haven't been made in all SW movies/shows. Check those out.

- Lars' homestead on Tatooine

- The Yavin 4 base.

- Dagobah's cave of trials.

Ship wise I have no idea, pretty much everything has been done.

The capital ships haven't been done, but many of them would be challenging.

We haven't seen all aspects of Tatooine, but most major locations have been covered at some point.

Which one? They made a great UCS set of the Imperial Shuttle, a ship that was also in the set "Imperial Inspection" and more recently, "Imperial Shuttle Tydirium"

Has Walter not built a UCS TIE/sh? Or did he only do the boarding craft variant?

I'm currently building a couple of the more obscure speeders from Mos Eisley. Namely the Void Spider and Mobquet speeders. I havnt seen those done before.

Brickset's got a great series currently going about sets that haven't been made in all SW movies/shows. Check those out.

Oh really? thx I will check it out :)

- Lars' homestead on Tatooine

- The Yavin 4 base.

- Dagobah's cave of trials.

Ship wise I have no idea, pretty much everything has been done.

Ah, the Lar's place, some flame grilled minifigs lying outside would be good.

Or you talking about Sentinel Class shuttle? Thre are some MOCs actually.

Dunno, it's the one the officer takes to visit Vader to get force choked.

I'm currently building a couple of the more obscure speeders from Mos Eisley. Namely the Void Spider and Mobquet speeders. I havnt seen those done before.

Are they in the original movie? or where they added later?

There's still plenty of characters that haven't been built on larger scale. Leaving minifig scale behind should give you lot of opportunities.

Just had thus discussion about UCS sets the other day.

Regarding all sets, most Rebel Capital Ships hasn't been done.

None of the Mon Cal Star cruisers

Medical frigate

Rebel transport

All these are very organic and do not lend themselves easily to lego - especially when play features are taken into account.

Another reason could be that TLG thinks these ship do not have broad recognition among its customers. Everyone knows what a Star Destroyer looks like, but only hardcore fans can recognise a Mon Cal ship - let alone tell the different sub-designs them apart.

Regarding the Nebulon B.. I suspect that one of the main reasons Lego has been hesitant with that one is the fact that it wouldn't be able to stand without a stand. The same goes for the Invisible Hand from Episode III. They have a large, narrow downward protrusion at one end with nothing at the other. So they'd need external support.

Cedbricks, LaChupacabra, what Paddy's talking about is the TIE/sh that Brickdoctor mentioned. It's externally nigh-identical to a TIE Bomber, but the second hull is for passenger accommodation instead of ordnance.

Has anyone done the Outrider yet? I'm still hoping for an official one.

Has anyone done the Outrider yet? I'm still hoping for an official one.

Didn't the first, original lego millennium falcon feature a alternative outrider-like build? Back those days, alternative builds were suggested in the manual or on the box art...

Dagobah's cave of trials should look similar to the hallway in the bowels of Coud City where Vader ambushes Luke (which also appears in Rey's vision in The Force Awakens). The curve and wall texture is exactly the same, only obscured by vines and roots on Dagobah. They actually used the same set when filming both scenes, but heavily dressed up the Dagobah-version to make it less obvious. Great foreshadowing and visual storytelling there!

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

here a few ideas that make sense, not all from OT but still.

Edited by CedBricks

Original trilogy sets not seen yet (but would like to see)

- OBIwans desert refuge,

- Bantha + Tuskan raiders sniping at the speeder.

- Luke and Darth on the spire (, I am your father)

- Trash Compactor

- Detention block escape

- And how about a Mon Calamari ship or the Nebulon frigate? UCS or otherwise.

Sets that I'd like to see which TLG haven't been made yet:

Lars homestead

Docking bay 94

Yavin 4

Endor landing platform & dish

TIE Bomber

And, without a doubt, a UCS-style Cloud City!

Wait, if we're discussing sets, not MOCs and sets in general, isn't this just the Future Star Wars Sets topic with an OT specialization...?

Wait, if we're discussing sets, not MOCs and sets in general, isn't this just the Future Star Wars Sets topic with an OT specialization...?

Yeah, seems like it. Interpreting the OP's question as "what hasn't been done by anyone" could be interesting, though. I think everything has been done in some form, but maybe not in a particular style. For example, while I have seen a handful of Mon Cal cruiser attempts, none have interiors (to my knowledge). It's something I've put thought into but it's just such a tough ship design. New parts could simplify it considerably. If a few windscreen elements and curved technic panels came in light bley, that'd create a lot of new options.

TIE Bomber

TLG made a TIE Bomber in the blue TIE days -- like all the blue TIEs, though, it looks seriously out of date next to more modern sets.