Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

Nexo Knights

So,

, one of the Bionicle team members accidentally confirmed that Nexo Knights would have a constraction presence ("If we make a new shell, it has to fit in with Nexo Knights, for example."), which is further corroborated by the leaked set names for Nexo Knights including "Action" versions of normal characters.

The following "Action" sets have been confirmed for winter 2017:

70363 Action Macy

70364 Action Aaron

70365 Action Axl

70366 Action Lance

Furthermore, a comic depicting the creation of such action figures in-universe was present in a recent LEGO magazine (credit to Logan), which may give us an idea of how these figures will look. All in all, seems like there's plenty of reason to open a topic to discuss this, and I hope the moderators approve of my decision to do so.

So, time to start speculating!

VBBN, tjhank you for updatibg us. Very pleaed to see some Constraction sets post-G2, this time with NK and three more SW figures. Looking forward to which they could look like.

Edited by Chimaninja454

As much as I want this to be real, there are two things I'm not sure what to think of:

1)How much time have they had to plan these sets? Before this list, the consesus was that the abrupt cancellation of Bionicle left an empty slot for constraction, so the only constraction sets they had ready to sell in 2017 were the SW Ultrabuilds. Was the original plan to run these along Bionicle and SW? I don't recall ever being more than two constraction themes in the same year and in the same wave (Winter/Summer. Or was it decided to produce these once the cancellation of Bionicle was confirmed ?

2)While it would be logical to assume a Bionicle designer would use terms like "shell" to refer to full constraction figures, it is important to remember that the System Nexo Knights sets use a number of parts mainly used in constraction. There might be a possibility he's talking about parts that need to be integrated with System.

I suggest to move the comments in the other thread to this new one.

By the way, I'm not expecting anything beyond the 15$ benchmark. It's a miracle we're even getting those sets.

2)While it would be logical to assume a Bionicle designer would use terms like "shell" to refer to full constraction figures, it is important to remember that the System Nexo Knights sets use a number of parts mainly used in constraction. There might be a possibility he's talking about parts that need to be integrated with System.

Unfortunately, these are my thoughts as well. The context of the quote doesn't really specify whether he's talking about constraction or not, although it is a reasonable assumption to make. The quote could simply be referring to the need to design CCBS in order for it to be used in other themes as the designers see fit and not remain constrained to BIONICLE, rather than a confirmation of a new wave of constraction figures.

That being said, I'm pretty intrigued. I want to hear more about these.

There is no Nexo Knights constraction figures coming out if my friends are right. They are something else. :wink:

There is no Nexo Knights constraction figures coming out if my friends are right. They are something else. :wink:

Aaaaand close thread. :grin:

I wonder what they could be if they aren't constraction.

Edited by BrickJagger

If there was a Constraction Macy I'd buy it. Ultimate Macy is the only Nexo Knights set I own, so I'd like to have a Constraction version.

The descriptor of these characters' names is... Action... seems logical that they would be Action Figures. Not sure how different they could be made from the Ultimates, although they seem to be selling very well around here. Stands to reason that a successful mini-theme would be continued, right? I dunno. I hope these are actually CCBS.

The descriptor of these characters' names is... Action... seems logical that they would be Action Figures.

That's assuming the "Action" moniker is the final official name, and not a preliminary working title or mistranslation.

Seems there's enough evidence to suggest that Constraction Nexo Knights could be a thing. But I, personally, will wait and see.

If there is, I can't see myself getting them... I got a couple NK sets, but the theme didn't really tickle my fancy. But the parts, I can only imagine, would be very neat, so that may draw me in.

Also, if this turns out to be true, I find it funny that both Nexo Knights and Chima got Constraction lines, but Ninjago still hasn't (knockoffs aside).

Nexo Knight Constraction, huh?

Sounds sinteresting! I wonder how they'll look, considering that the current CCBS is still rather robotic.

So constraction is really gone for good... I desperately hope you're wrong.

Star Wars!

Yeah, but we knew that already... and with three sets in sight (or are there more?) I'm not that confident about CCBS' future.

So constraction is really gone for good... I desperately hope you're wrong.

There's been confirmation from multiple sources that constraction is not going away, so continuing to insist otherwise is starting to sound really obtuse. Whether or not we get Nexo Knights constraction doesn't change that broader point.

Yeah, but we knew that already... and with three sets in sight (or are there more?) I'm not that confident about CCBS' future.

I don't think Constraction is going anywhere. While Bionicle may not have sold well, it simply wouldn't be wise to stop the production of Constraction entirely. It'll probably just continue on a smaller scale until it gets on its feet again in a few years.

if we are getting Constraction nexo Knights $50 says we will be getting a new kind of shell that allows for easier integration of system elements,specifically a Shell accessory that is a studded plate meant for Nexo Power Sheilds. this may allow for truly custom brick built armor.

going by the wonderful designs of the bad guys from the naga esque Whipperella and fire elemental Flama along with those brick built bigfigsthat come in bigger sets we will be getting more intricate and alien builds like folks were wanting in the future constraction threads. I can also imagine micro,figures using mixel ball joints for globlin esque familiars.

I am also betting Axl will have whatever design they originally planned for Onua.

There's been confirmation from multiple sources that constraction is not going away, so continuing to insist otherwise is starting to sound really obtuse. Whether or not we get Nexo Knights constraction doesn't change that broader point.

Just like we had confirmation from multiple sources that BIONICLE was going to continue into 2017...

I know that CCBS pieces themselves won't disappear since they're used in System sets, what I'm concerned about is the future of CCBS-exclusive themes. We have no guarantee 2018 will have a new theme, and we're almost sure by now that the Star Wars Ultrabuilds will be the only sets coming out in 2017 as far as the contrasction departement is concerned.

Besides it's getting harder and harder for LEGO to make money out of constraction. In this decade alone we had at least three themes discontinued before their planned date: Bionicle G2, Chima, Super Heroes. Not counting Hero Factory, whose discontinuation was decided after two years on the market, and the infamous Ben 10 line. The problem is not discontinuation itself, it happens all the time with System sets, the problem here is that constraction hasn't had any strong theme in this decade. For every Ultra gents you have a Ninjago, for every licensed flop like Toy Story you have Star Wars and Marvel. This doesn't simply happen with constraction.

LEGO means buisness, they build toys to make money. Constraction stopped meaning money a long time ago, and I think LEGO has tried enough times to revive the area. Next year, nearly without any CCBS product, LEGO will hardly notice the loss in my opinion.

Maybe constraction isn't really gone for good for ever and ever, but I'm fairly sure it's done as we know it. And for quite some years too.

Just like we had confirmation from multiple sources that BIONICLE was going to continue into 2017...

I know that CCBS pieces themselves won't disappear since they're used in System sets, what I'm concerned about is the future of CCBS-exclusive themes. We have no guarantee 2018 will have a new theme, and we're almost sure by now that the Star Wars Ultrabuilds will be the only sets coming out in 2017 as far as the contrasction departement is concerned.

Besides it's getting harder and harder for LEGO to make money out of constraction. In this decade alone we had at least three themes discontinued before their planned date: Bionicle G2, Chima, Super Heroes. Not counting Hero Factory, whose discontinuation was decided after two years on the market, and the infamous Ben 10 line. The problem is not discontinuation itself, it happens all the time with System sets, the problem here is that constraction hasn't had any strong theme in this decade. For every Ultra gents you have a Ninjago, for every licensed flop like Toy Story you have Star Wars and Marvel. This doesn't simply happen with constraction.

LEGO means buisness, they build toys to make money. Constraction stopped meaning money a long time ago, and I think LEGO has tried enough times to revive the area. Next year, nearly without any CCBS product, LEGO will hardly notice the loss in my opinion.

Maybe constraction isn't really gone for good for ever and ever, but I'm fairly sure it's done as we know it. And for quite some years too.

This is kinda the point I was getting at. I'll be happy if Nexo Knights does get some constraction sets because constraction is a concept that I still love to this day.

Thing is from a business standpoint it makes zero sense to carry on with constraction. Ever since the later years of G1 sales have been declining and missing targets. It's now incredibly difficult for LEGO to market to retailers a line of figures that shelf-warms to the degree of Transformers Energon.

Yes, I know this is cynical, but what do you expect after having the plug pulled on so many attempts to revitalise constraction? In the words of JANGBRiCKS, I've been stung too many times.

I have no doubt that they'll continue to utilise CCBS in SYSTEM sets, but it just doesn't sound profitable to keep making constraction IPs for the sake of a small passionate community who makes up a tiny percentage of the total profits.

Only we didn't. We had evidence that made a 2016 cancelation seem unlikely, we had confirmation that they started out with a 3-year plan, and we had word that the Bionicle designers were working on 2017 sets as of October of last year (they didn't specify that they were Bionicle sets, a nuance I admittedly failed to pick up on). That's a whole different matter than hearing in no uncertain terms that "this is not the end for constraction."

It's true, no more constraction-exclusive themes are confirmed. But LEGO still has a team of designers working specifically in the constraction department. Maybe spin-offs of other themes are in fact how constraction will persist for a year or longer. That's different than "constraction is over", though.

I do not feel like continuing to evolve the CCBS would be a priority for LEGO if they no longer planned to have any themes using it as a foundation.