Sign in to follow this  
DraikNova

Nexo Knights 2017 Rumors and Discussion

So,

, one of the Bionicle team members accidentally confirmed that Nexo Knights would have a constraction presence ("If we make a new shell, it has to fit in with Nexo Knights, for example."), which is further corroborated by the leaked set names for Nexo Knights including "Action" versions of normal characters.

The following "Action" sets have been confirmed for winter 2017:

70363 Action Macy

70364 Action Aaron

70365 Action Axl

70366 Action Lance

Furthermore, a comic depicting the creation of such action figures in-universe was present in a recent LEGO magazine (credit to Logan), which may give us an idea of how these figures will look. All in all, seems like there's plenty of reason to open a topic to discuss this, and I hope the moderators approve of my decision to do so.

So, time to start speculating!

Edited by DraikNova

Ahhhh, so that's what "Action" means. Rather obvious in hindsight. Great catch, DraikNova!

Hope the heads look, you know, not-creepy. Not having to look human will probably help.

Personally I sort of hope that the torsos are designed to use the regular-size Nexo Power tiles for the knights' crests/emblems. And of course, I do hope that the faces are more appealing than the old Knights Kingdom figures (they don't need noses, y'all).

Pretty excited for this! Glad constraction has found a new outlet in Nexo Knights.

And yeah - when I bought that magazine, I had a sneaking suspicion that CCBS sets were to come. Glad it's been pseudo-confirmed!

Edited by legozebra

Nice catch. I wonder if they'll sell for $10 or $15, might pick one up if it's the former.

Personally, I'm hoping for $15 - $25, because we can get cooler sets with more interesting builds and functions at that pricepoint. I doubt they'll be $10, because that price point was used for small, accompanying CCBS models like the creatures and Protectors.

Personally, I'm hoping for $15 - $25, because we can get cooler sets with more interesting builds and functions at that pricepoint. I doubt they'll be $10, because that price point was used for small, accompanying CCBS models like the creatures and Protectors.

Well, the Ultimates didn't sell well this year, so I don't know if they would be willing to take the risk of making $20 construction figures next year. I think that they'll be $15 maximum.

Personally, I'm imagining that the knights will all be $15. except for Axl, who will probably be $20. If they release $10 sets, they'll probably be squirebots or the replacements for globlins. I do hope they'll release ones for the villains as well, although that'd probably be inevitable. I'm guessing that Jestro will probably be $20 or $25 (to accomodate for his cape and scepter), while Ruina will probably be in the same price range.

Edited by DraikNova

Wait, where's Clay? Curious they'd bring whole team but not him.

Anwyay, I'm very excited. If done well these could bring lots of cool parts and builds. I wonder if we're going to get the villains and possibly the King.

If they are CCBS sets. I have a feeling there builds might be similar to the Starwars CCBS sets. Mainly Rey, Kylo and Finn with a gearbox and the back covering piece in silver.

All three of the points in its favor don't feel concrete, and are definitely grasping at straws. I personally am still expecting the 'Action' sets to be akin to the Ultimate sets released this year, with a minifigure and some accessories; but if they are CCBS figures it will be a pleasant surprise to me, and I will totally have to pick up a couple.

Personally expected Ninjago to get the constraction spotlight seeing as it's the hottest thing since beanie babies but Nexo Knights will be a pleasant surprise. Hopefully some more medieval themed pieces.

Source?

The shelves. Ultimate sets have been clogging up the shelves everywhere, and are often on discount. It's not hard to see why.

Wait, where's Clay? Curious they'd bring whole team but not him.

Anwyay, I'm very excited. If done well these could bring lots of cool parts and builds. I wonder if we're going to get the villains and possibly the King.

I suspect Clay will be made as well but perhaps Sir Von Lego forgot to mention him. :wink:

To keep updating easy and consistent, we prefer to make official discussion threads for years. Continue on the discussion in the pinned thread. Thanks!